[Released] Wrath of Cronos with heXercise

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CrazyEyes

Re: [Released] Wrath of Cronos with heXercise

Post by CrazyEyes »

Triple S wrote: Cleric, Serpent Staff, no power-ups.
I am clueless, since looking at the code for the poison gas shows that there is indeed no discernible way for the gas clouds to give health to the player. Were I in your position, I would assume I'd simply missed something. Unless you feel like replaying MAP05 of Epic 2 over and over again, I doubt it will be easily reproduce-able. I personally don't really care that much about this bug. I've heard of incredibly crazy bugs in games before; one story I read from a beta tester was working on a shooter which contained a bug that rendered the player invulnerable, but he had to go through some crazy multi-step process to do it. Only he could reproduce the bug, and the developers condescendingly dismissed him until he reproduced it in front of their faces. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a real bug, but I don't care to fix it (and to be honest, it probably wasn't my fault anyway).
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Yeah, pretty much. When I said that I couldn't reproduce it, I basically meant "Well it was probably a freak thing or I overlooked something, either way it's not an issue."
everamzah

Post by everamzah »

Is it a possibility to implement widescreen support for the weapons?
CrazyEyes

Post by CrazyEyes »

everamzah wrote:Is it a possibility to implement widescreen support for the weapons?
Yeah, that slightly bugs me too, since I play in widescreen. The best way to implement that would be to "expand" the sprites, since the image simply cuts off after a certain point. I could make it so that they are positioned differently, but I think that wouldn't look very good. I would need someone to go to the problematic weapons - mostly Fighter weapons - and add to the sprite so that it looks natural. The Spiked Gauntlets is where it's most noticeable, but I would imagine it would also be the hardest to draw for, cause 'dem muscles. If Crudux Cruo or someone else feels like drawing for this I'd be happy to implement it, but if I tried to do this it would take me far too long and probably end up pretty mediocre.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

there exists hexen widescreen support...

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37623
CrazyEyes

Post by CrazyEyes »

Crudux Cruo wrote:there exists hexen widescreen support...

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37623
Heh, I figured it existed somewhere. I can load this .WAD after WoC + Hexercise and it runs. The problem is, the widescreen sprites have greatly altered positions (the left punch for Spiked Gauntlets doesn't even show on the screen) and the easiest thing to do would be to just add the widescreen sprite mod to the .PK3, and set up all the offsets so that they work properly. Which isn't that big a deal, but the other weapon sprites that Thetis added aren't formatted for widescreen so the graphics would be inconsistent.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

yeah, thats true.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

I'd like to report that the latest version, 1.032 Hotfix, has an issue with the Mage: Essence Drain has been reverted back to draining life rather than magick. Other than that, it appears to work quite well.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Few things:

1. Firestorm for the Cleric needs a buff, putting points into Willpower doesn't increase the damage enough.

2. Shield bash is a little wonky, it works when it decides to work. 1 out 3 swings will activate it seems.

3. Using the alt fire of the Hammer of Retribution while standing on a tall monster like a Hell Knight will get you frozen in place unless you "noclip". After putting the cheat in the attack will complete like it is supposed to.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Valherran wrote:Few things:

1. Firestorm for the Cleric needs a buff, putting points into Willpower doesn't increase the damage enough.

2. Shield bash is a little wonky, it works when it decides to work. 1 out 3 swings will activate it seems.

3. Using the alt fire of the Hammer of Retribution while standing on a tall monster like a Hell Knight will get you frozen in place unless you "noclip". After putting the cheat in the attack will complete like it is supposed to.

2 and 3 are already reported and will be fixed in the next version.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Triple S wrote:
Valherran wrote:Few things:

2 and 3 are already reported and will be fixed in the next version.
Awesome!
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

So it does work in Doom as well?
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

LostSkull wrote:So it does work in Doom as well?
Yep. Just make sure to also load the "nothexen" patch and the Doom patch.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Sweet! Thanks for the info. :)

EDIT: Should be noted that WoC breaks some mods that requires the player to shoot a switch in order to proceed.
Take Hell Ground for example, you need to shoot two switches in the beginning to lower a gate and so early in the game you don't have any projectile weapon in WoC.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

~ console "give pistol", BLAM, "take pistol"

unfortunately you're right, but the original WOC also breaks it in some ways too if you don't have the right weapons.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”