[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheMightyHeracross

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (V.0.1.1 Alpha Released!)

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Captain J wrote: but it uses different ammos at all; pistol uses "TSPPistolAmmo" and uzi uses "AmmoBoxAmmo" also they using a different icon sprites too. and if uzi uses same casing with pistol, why not sharing ammos with pistol then?
Just because the magazines are different doesn't mean the casings are.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i consider about my guess was right, then. or, maybe pistol casing is on a charge for a minute because he's gonna add a new casing also magazine sprite in a future update, but i'm not pretty sure. we need to wait.

and i'm sorry for digging this mod or expect something realistic too much. but we needs to help him; it's on early alpha, though.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

the only weird thing i can see is the fact that why do i need to "fire" again for the shotgun do the cocking animation? it should be shot auto cocking and back to action, in the actual state make the shotgun very unusable with many enemies on screen
TheMightyHeracross

I don't find the shotgun any less "usable", I just think you guys are too used to the original style. Although maybe it should be an optional patch.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

not me. i find out it was very decent also reasonable, though. either wildweasel's nazis too.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Mav3rick wrote:the only weird thing i can see is the fact that why do i need to "fire" again for the shotgun do the cocking animation? it should be shot auto cocking and back to action, in the actual state make the shotgun very unusable with many enemies on screen
Took me a bit to get used to as well. At least you can use reload to check if it's pumped.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

It's that time again!...
TheMightyHeracross wrote:The health bonus replacements seem to jump up and down, and not in a good way. This is because on the first and last frames (A and G), the offsets are (3, 11) instead of (3, 16), which is what every other frame has. I fixed this on my local copy.
For whatever reason, this doesn't happen on my end, so I never fixed it. However, I applied your offsets anyway. Thank you for the fix!
chronoteeth wrote:The SMG firing sound is far too beefy for what it is, just doesnt match. Plus the pump on the shotgun feels more just lathered on rather part of the wood grip.
Regarding the shotgun, you never know...It does belong to a pirate, after all (regardless of the fact that every shotgun on Phobos and Earth are exactly the same).
torridGristle wrote:I agree completely. I've revised my edit and made it poppier and higher in timbre. Seems to match at least a little better.
Added and credited (I forgot to credit you before!) Thank you!
Captain J wrote:Pistol has a lot's of it, when i reload quickly after empty the clip, the firing sound suddenly blocked. also pistol shots can gibs zombieman class zombies. well, only once happend, but i don't know why.
Fixed the reload sound, and as far as the gibbing, that should be impossible, if it only happened once than I'm not too sure why it happened.
Captain K wrote:shotgun still has a vanilla accuracy; always goes width, not length.
Intentional behavior. Zeke used to have an alternate fire that gave it insane accuracy at the cost of double ammo. /vr/ thought that was boring, so I changed it, because I also thought it was boring! Different shell types will have different accuracy.
Captain L wrote:uzi is sure strong; it has 7 damage, full-auto, lot's of ammo spec and large-sized magazine can kill hellknight without took any damages. nerfing a damage should be works, though.
I've heard both sides to this. On one hand, you only have a max of 6 reloads at full ammo, AB-50 ammo will only drop from ammo boxes and uzi enemies in the future, and I've also heard it's underpowered as well. So...we'll leave it as is for awhile.
Captain M wrote:also it's using a empty pistol casing also clip. i hope you can add even more magazines also casings.
This will happen in the future!
TheMightyHeracross wrote: EDIT: Since there's a "Character Bios" page, I'm assuming there's going to be multiple characters in the distant future? :)
Shh, don't tell anybody, but if you nose around in the .pk3, that question might be answered for ya. :)
ArielBoss wrote: I think, until we have another precision/damage gun, is good to have a sniper shotgun. And the really boom stick maybe gonna be the ssg.
SSG replacement will be the Crossbow, coming either next update or the one after.
Captain N: The Game Master wrote: maybe it was intensional.
It indeed was!
Mav3rick wrote:the only weird thing i can see is the fact that why do i need to "fire" again for the shotgun do the cocking animation? it should be shot auto cocking and back to action, in the actual state make the shotgun very unusable with many enemies on screen
I feel like the current behavior of the shotgun has been done in like...a ton of mods, but I won't use that to justify its behavior. I like click to pump because it feels more alive, and more reactive over all. But that's just me! It won't be changing anytime soon, sorry!

Upcoming Features!
  • Version 0.1.2 tentatively titled "Smooth Criminal"! I'm smoothing out all the weapon animations with mods like Project MSX and Zero Tolerance in mind! Yeah!
  • Possibly more zombies! WHO KNOWS?!
  • BERSERKER RAGE!...what could that mean?
  • Ammobox 50 alternate attack!
  • The Crossbow!
  • POSSIBLY a Rocket Launcher replacement...possibly...
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Well then, with the permission of Marty, we now have an official channel.
irc://irc.zandronum.com/#tsp
Come join in on the ~fun~
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Marty Kirra wrote:I'm smoothing out all the weapon animations with mods like Project MSX and Zero Tolerance in mind!
And switching from duplicated frames to Offset? Just need to grab a beer, sit down, and log the pixels for each frame.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

torridGristle wrote:
Marty Kirra wrote:I'm smoothing out all the weapon animations with mods like Project MSX and Zero Tolerance in mind!
And switching from duplicated frames to Offset? Just need to grab a beer, sit down, and log the pixels for each frame.
Could also use Zrrion's offset generator.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Zrrion's offset generator? What sort of magic is this?
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Bitterman wrote:Zrrion's offset generator? What sort of magic is this?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... et#p719446

I was really excited when Marrub mentioned and Offset Generator but this doesn't generate offsets like I thought it would (tweens), you still have to calculate how much it's offset and it puts it in Offset(x,y) format. What's the point? :?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Spoiler:
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Marrub wrote:(...)
Oh okay. Yeah that's pretty useful.
TheMightyHeracross

Code: Select all

<TheMightyHeracross> marty you said you're keeping the shotgun as is and i agree with that but what about an optional mutator like SigFloyd does with Brutal Doom SE?
<Eric> mutators suck
<Eric> cvars strong
<TheMightyHeracross> yeah that is a better idea actually
<TheMightyHeracross> so marty how about you add a CVARINFO lump with this:
<TheMightyHeracross> user int shotgunstyle = 0;
<TheMightyHeracross> if it's 0 it oes manual pumping and if it's not 0 it does automatic pumping
<TheMightyHeracross> using A_JumpIf and ACS_(Named)Execute
<marrub> that ruins the fun though :(
<TheMightyHeracross> why
<marrub> manual pumping is fun
<TheMightyHeracross> but that's why it would be optional
So, what do you think about the CVAR idea? (I came up with the idea of it being choosable but the CVARs were Eric's idea)
EDIT:

Code: Select all

<marrub> why have it be an int
<marrub> why not user bool tsp_shotgunstyle = 0;
That's a better idea.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”