(Update 05-01-14) The VEAR armory- Version n-2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tomicapo

(Update 05-01-14) The VEAR armory- Version n-2

Post by Tomicapo »

So what is this?
-The answer is simple a mod dedicated to the make of new weapons and enemies of course.
The VEAR owner wrote:
"We have started a new armamentist race the mundial potencies, Russia, China, EE.UU have been provied by our services and all of the Arsenal we have to give to them"
What i need to play?
-Nothing too fancy only use Zdoom or if you will you can setup on you menu of options.
Now the weapons list:
Machete
-In the jungles this ideal for cut trees but its ideal for battle so try to kill something with this.
-VearSecurityPistol
-Simple pistol used by the security guards of VEAR for personal defense and for protect the personal.
VearBurstPistol
-Another pistol for defense this pistol needs to be used for soldiers the perfect weapon to kill fast very easy to port and for use.
VearSecurityShotgun
-This shotgun is only for use of security guards this gun can shoot and kill instactly.
BorschDoubleCannonShotgun
-A big shotgun that can kills in a few seconds only you need to shoot and you opponent is dead.
Minigun
-This can turn your enemies into cheese no words for it.
Mp5-Rifle
-This gun has been used on trenches its ideal to attack enemies and kill them fast.
NapalmLauncher
-This gun can kill with a single napalm rocket, this shoot is good to kill various enemies.
Opression-Rifle
-This gun can be used to shoot enemies and shock them by the Difumizer plasma, this gun is an opression literally.
Spoiler:
Credits:
-Banjo Software
-Woolie Wool
-Xim
-WildWeasel
-Marty Kirra
-Mike12
-Sangelothi
-Guard Soul
-Enjay
-Colin portratz
-Hellstrom Archon
-Eriance
-Sgt.Mark12
-ImgUr for photo hosting
-Mechadon
-Pillow Blaster
(Tell me if i forgot one)
----Tell me if you find some bug i will try to fix.
DOWNLOAD RIGHT HERE:
http://ge.tt/8GGwPSC1/v/0?c
---I wish you have fun---
Version N-2:
-Fixed the pistol animations
-Changed the buggy shotgun DECORATE
-+Added more bad guys
-CasingSpawners fixed
-Deleted the CorpsPistol
-Quited some silly stuff
-Also i rest life to the shield guy
To do:
-Make custom flash for the Minigun
-Add the BFG9000 weapon
-Resize the oppression rifle
-Add more enemies
----------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Tomicapo on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: (Release) The VEAR armory- Version n-1

Post by wildweasel »

You should really just write your code from scratch. I notice you're borrowing your code from all sorts of different places and it's cobbled together in such a way that, by your own admission, you have no idea how to fix it.

And while you didn't take ALL of the Force-A-Nature weapon for your project, I really would rather it not be in here at all.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

taste and...

3 pistols? why?
the double shotgun ugly as hell and feel no amazing to use it honestly
the machete make sounds like it hit flesh when is not
many sound have problems
many animations are wrong and odd
many of the weapons take too much space when and yeah the worse was the opression rifle lmao is a gun or is a shield??

so far for what i see is a very wip and alpha mod need many many work on it, yet it look very good
just please fix many of the size of those weapons at hand and the sounds
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Okay, so in addition to the initial post I made here about not wanting to see my Force-A-Nature in here, I decided I should really be leading by example and mentioning every possible way that this project could be improved. Not a List of Grievances...more like a List of Corrections. My intent with this post is that you learn how to make better mods, so that people will quit jumping all over you.

So first things first, here are some things I see right as I launch the mod using my current version of GZDoom:

Tried to register class 'RocketTrail' more than once. (etc.)
There are two of these errors that appear in the console when the game launches; one for RocketTrail, one for DoomPlayer. These appear because these classes are already registered by ZDoom.pk3; you cannot have two actors that have the same name between them.

How to fix it: Rename RocketTrail and DoomPlayer. I usually remedy these naming conflicts by appending "WW" to the beginning, so in my case it'd be "WWRocketTrail" and "WWDoomPlayer." Basically, name them something that won't conflict with what's there.

Unknown class name 'LethalgunPuff'
Well, for starters, since all of your Decorate lumps are named "Decorate," this makes it much, much, much harder to diagnose these errors. For example, ZDoom puts out that there is a script warning in "DECORATE line 204"; since there are several DECORATE lumps, I would have to check every single one of them to see if it even extends down to 204 lines. I like to keep things organized by using a trick called #include; your main DECORATE file will consist entirely of #include statements that refer to other DECORATE files that are named differently. So say all the code for your pistol is in a lump called DEC_PIST. Your main DECORATE file would have this at the top:

Code: Select all

#include "DEC_PIST" // Pistol stuff.
And of course, // indicates a comment and won't be executed by the engine. Handy to leave yourself little notes. Moving on...

The reason we're seeing the warning about "LethalgunPuff" is pretty simple, actually; there is no bullet puff called LethalgunPuff in your decorate, anywhere at all. If you don't mind this being a standard bullet puff, change line 204 of the second Decorate lump to this:

LUTG A 0 A_FireBullets (2.0, 2.0, -1, 4, "BulletPuff", 1, 1536)
This suppresses the warning and defaults to Doom's bullet puff (or whatever it is replaced with).

Unknown class name 'SSGAlt'
This occurs at lines 1015 and 1029; I find that there is a lot of "dead code" here. When the Borsch (Force-A-Nature) is altfired, the very first thing that happens in Altfire is "goto Noammo" - this WOULD effectively skip over the entire altfire state, except that there is no Noammo state in the Borsch. Go ahead and remove those lines (they're on line 1014, 1028, and 1041).

There is also a line of this:

TNT1 AAAAA 0
Which doesn't need to be there at all. This state does nothing at all. It is spending zero tics displaying an invisible sprite five times. The player will never, ever see this, and it has no effect in the code, so this line can be removed as well.

Looking closer at this, I find that the states Altfire2 and Altfire3 are completely identical to the original Altfire state, so go ahead and remove both of those states completely. Then, remove the A_JumpIfInventory line from Altfire, and these errors will go away and your code will be all the cleaner for it.

R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump HEADSUP (etc.)
There are three of these errors, for HEADSUP, AMMOFULL, and AMMOEMPT. This is because ZDoom is trying to interpret their names as sprite names instead of graphic names; to fix these errors, simply delete the S_START and S_END lumps surrounding those graphics (towards the bottom of your WAD's lump list). Then these errors will go away and the HUD should now function correctly.

More later when I actually get around to playing the file. I spent this long looking into the errors. =P
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

Ahh thanks a lot for the help!! Fixed and updated very much thanks to you WildWeasel. :D
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Tomicapo wrote: Known Bugs:
-The burst pistol and the security pistol have problems on the select animation (No idea how to fix it)
-Sometimes the shield guys dissapears (I dont know why)
That's because of poor decorate coding, thats why
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Like your last project, it just feels far too meh to be releasede, but I will say that its a step in the right direction. If you use code from other things make sure to tweak it well enough and add credits. Its one thing to use some code casing snippets to help make a shell eject, its another thing to use it wholesale, know what I mean?
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

I know thanks for that words ChronoTeeth. That words can way me in the right direction.
Thank you very much. :D
Also wildweasel i use only the sprites from the Force-A-Nature if you want i delete them.
(Also i made this mod because the Lethal Enforces was a big fail, but dont take this badly i like that you support me)
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I like that you're getting better! I have a few more things to mention:
  • The rifle doesn't use ammo
  • The shield guy spawns too often, taking too long to get through and often resulting in getting killed by some other guy
  • The casings from the starting pistol go right even though the ejection port is on the left
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

Oh yes i need to fix that thanks!
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Mánibranðr System »

Just as a protip, do extensive testing before release, because if you encounter a bug, and you release it without fixing it, it is going to be noticed, no matter how infrequent you feel that it happens. Also, write your own code from scratch, it will help you figure out new and better ways to do things on your own, and you'll know how to debug if things go wrong.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

About the sprites, the hands have mismatching sleeves and the minigun's art style is very unfitting and too model-rippy.
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

Oh well thanks for that yes i need to see those problems and then i will fix them, meanwhile im busy with other project im making.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Tomicapo wrote:Oh well thanks for that yes i need to see those problems and then i will fix them, meanwhile im busy with other project im making.
Ordinarily, I look at remarks like this and wonder why someone who's still learning would start more projects, potentially more than they can handle. But then I get to thinking about the amount of recycled content in this one, and realize that perhaps it is better to start a new thing from scratch and learn that way.
Theguywholikesbetas

Post by Theguywholikesbetas »

I'm getting two weird errors here is what they say on load up;
Expected '=' but got ':' instead.
error in translation '112:127:80:100'

before i end i'm using Gzdoom 1.8.2

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”