Doom: Op Support Features Poll

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Eh, I think I'll just leave 'em as is - I like them not charging like that. Maybe I should turn up their mass a bit, because you can push them across a football field with a simple poke at the moment...
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hmm... After playing a few times, I have a few suggestions.

* I like the graphics for the BFG. I would keep them if I were you, even if they're ripped from strife.
* Is the Anti-Vehicle Plasma cannon really supposed to use 10 cells per shot? It seems a bit excessive.
* Shotgun shells look like ultra-huge clips. See screenshot below.
* The Freezer rifle's bullets should look like they're actually coming out of the gun. You should offset the projectile's sprites a little. Also, the firing frame shouldn't look like You're seeing double. See screenshot below.
* More monster replacements! The Tchernobog cultists are great, you should add some more new types of baddies.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

the huge clips look nice :D i just want to know how you carry them! and if the clips are that huge, why dont you make the pistol do more damage while youre at it? :)
Zell

Post by Zell »

lol...
hey wild, if you want, i guess i can make a map or two, i got way to much free time on my hands :P Just name the theme, i can make :D (im especially good at TEch and Hell levels)
Hirogen2
Operating System Version (Optional): Tumbleweed x64
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

If that is the clip's natural size, well, scale it down via DECORATE O_o
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

wildweasel wrote:UD: If I had it like that, they'd charge, do the damage, and then being right next to you they would use their Close Attack and explode in your face. Too much damage.
Which code pointer are you using to make them explode? (given that the only codepointer with blast damage is the cyber attack, which will kill you outright on most occasions)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hirogen2 wrote:If that is the clip's natural size, well, scale it down via DECORATE O_o
He already has, look closely at the clips that the Rebels drop! :) I was just saying that for some reason, the huge clip was used for shotgun ammo, too, and it was quite unscaled. :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Been a while - I'll reply to your posts in order of appearance.
Hmm... After playing a few times, I have a few suggestions.

1. I like the graphics for the BFG. I would keep them if I were you, even if they're ripped from strife.
2. Is the Anti-Vehicle Plasma cannon really supposed to use 10 cells per shot? It seems a bit excessive.
3. Shotgun shells look like ultra-huge clips. See screenshot below.
4. The Freezer rifle's bullets should look like they're actually coming out of the gun. You should offset the projectile's sprites a little. Also, the firing frame shouldn't look like You're seeing double. See screenshot below.
5. More monster replacements! The Tchernobog cultists are great, you should add some more new types of baddies.
1. I should find a way to make the hands into Doomguy hands - the Strife guy hands aren't very consistent.
2. Watch closely - it fires a rocket as well as a shotgun spread...I could tone the ammo usage down to 6 instead, being that the max is 90/180 instead of 300/600...
3. Thought I fixed that bug! Darn...
4. So THAT'S how you do it!
5. Currently working on replacements for the Lost Souls and the Pain Elementals...Souls I've confirmed the graphics for, Elementals...not sure about them yet!
Freezer cannon troubles. Notice the nice large clip in the background.
Yeah...should trim down the muzzle-flash frames, as they're pretty much redundant. Same goes with the Twin Eagles (look at the gun on the right when firing)...
lol...
hey wild, if you want, i guess i can make a map or two, i got way to much free time on my hands Just name the theme, i can make (im especially good at TEch and Hell levels)
If you do want to make maps, I'd prefer tech levels (I hate Hell levels, personally).
Which code pointer are you using to make them explode? (given that the only codepointer with blast damage is the cyber attack, which will kill you outright on most occasions)
I think I'm using the Player's Rocket Launcher code pointer - I have the frames set the same, just one of the next frames is set to switch over to the rocket explosion.
If that is the clip's natural size, well, scale it down via DECORATE O_o
I don't even use Decorate. I'm using the DEH tag...I should work on that.

Return to “General”