[Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutorial

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
TheRailgunner

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

Post by TheRailgunner »

This is the last update to the MoH:A mod I will post in this thread, mostly because the next one gets its own thread in Projects.

I added the BAR and the Kar98k - the BAR's rate of fire has been decreased to 350 rpm (a cut above the ROF-regulated 1918A2's), in the interests of balance with the Sturmgewehr 44, and the Kar98k loads round-by-round, like the Trench Gun, and deals the most damage out of any non-explosive weapon in the mod per-round. Note that the BAR and Kar98k do not have pickup sprites, nor does the BAR's ammo pickup (I may have it pool ammo with the M1 at some point).

The normal mod

I've also uploaded an augmented version of the mod ("Super" version), with six player classes (seven if you include Super Debug Man, used to test alternate firing modes for weapons).

*The BAR has a ROF closer to its original and A1 variants when wielded by players 4 and 5.
*The Kar98k has reduced recoil when wielded by players 2 and 6.

The Super version
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Kar98k has a mis-offset'ed frame at the end of sprinting animation, otherwise pretty cool :D
Also I think that Trenchgun and Kar reloads should be interruptable.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Sinael wrote:Kar98k has a mis-offset'ed frame at the end of sprinting animation, otherwise pretty cool :D
Also I think that Trenchgun and Kar reloads should be interruptable.
The Trench Gun and Kar98 reloads will be interruptable in the next update. However, I cannot find the misaligned frame.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

can i have some help? i'm trying to rip guns from Battlefield 2142, i can take the screenshots, i can remove allthe extra pixels, but my problem is, what dimensions should i re-size the picture? i play on 1280x720 because my screen is just a little bigger than that, thanks in advance
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

HazeBandicoot wrote:can i have some help? i'm trying to rip guns from Battlefield 2142, i can take the screenshots, i can remove allthe extra pixels, but my problem is, what dimensions should i re-size the picture? i play on 1280x720 because my screen is just a little bigger than that, thanks in advance
I'd just rip them at full resolution, and leave resizing to the people using the sprites, since it can be done through Z/GZDoom via the TEXTURES lump. If it helps, Sinael's rips are all 1280x720.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

I aim specifically at 1280x720 since it is easy to downscale to Dooms native 240p. Just downscale it afterwards 3 times with Nearest Neighbour and then all thats left is fixing some minor artifacts.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Big update incoming!
For now, have some RAGE rips, namely: Settlers Pistol, two shotguns and an AK-ish looking Settlers Ass-rifle.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

The rest of my RAGE rips are out! Have'nt riped the Authority AR, its messy and does not look good as sprite at all. Might rip later, if anyone is interested.
In this update: Fists of Rage, Crossbow, Minigun, Rifle and Rocket Launcher.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

These are amazing! Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm in the middle of adding the RAGE sprites to a pk3 and noticed there are no flash frames, which looks weird in action. What was the reason you decided to crop out the flashes?

EDIT: I guess the actual weapons in RAGE only flash occasionally, so instead of complaining I can just add flares.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Lippeth wrote:These are amazing! Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm in the middle of adding the RAGE sprites to a pk3 and noticed there are no flash frames, which looks weird in action. What was the reason you decided to crop out the flashes?

EDIT: I guess the actual weapons in RAGE only flash occasionally, so instead of complaining I can just add flares.
None of Sinael's rips come with muzzle flashes - that is the modder's duty, I'm afraid (though source-accurate muzzle flashes would've made my day...).
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I've started in on compiling the resources to be used in game. Flares are a great substitute for flashes, especially for sprites at such a high resolution. All I've done so far are the pistol, combat shotgun and assault rifle, but it has taken up my entire day off.
Here's the download.

You'll recognize the sounds from wildweasel's Accessories to Murder mod. I mainly put them in as a placeholder, but they still sound pretty good.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

The main difficulty with ripping muzzle flashes is that they have to be riped on perfectly black background in order to be able to put them in doom propperly with additive rendering. Any rip that is done in different conditions wont do. Secondary difficulty is that in some games muzzleflashes and smoke obscure parts of the gun, making them impissible to separate. Im disabling flashes and smoke through modding whenever i can to prevent this. Inability to do so stopped me from ripping Bioshock Infinite completely - most of its guns are often obscured partially by their own smoke.

Guns of MoHA dont flash that much initially - i was able to see only a tenth of the shots producing flashes, and even then they were pretty subtle. I'll try to provide flashea whenever i can, but i can not promise anything.

Funny thing with Rage - i remember being able to separate gun and its flash pgysically in game, but neither i can remember what commands did i use back theb (it was version 1.0).
, neither can i find them again in the rage64.exe version.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I think what you've already done is outstanding. The actual weapons in Rage only flash half the time anyway. I tried to capture some sound bytes of the weapons, but no matter where I am, the ambient sounds in the game are too loud to capture anything properly. I'm no good at modding newer games.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Updated with Lazergun and Rocket Launcher from Serious sam 3.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

So, I've been playing that Medal of Honor weapons mod Minigunner put out, but I'm experiencing crashes when I reload certain weapons. I've had it happen while reloading the Thompson and the Garand so far, dunno if any other weapons would cause it. For reference, I was using the latest devbuild of ZDoom, which at the moment is 2.8pre-274.

Return to “Resources”