Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dan50

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Dan50 »

Anyway I can play this minus duckguns? The sound of the minigun for this RULES!
Gez

Post by Gez »

You can try playing without Brutal Doom. Heresy, I know.

Or you can man up, rev up your SLADE, and go to town on BD to change the name of the sound its gun uses. You'll just need to rename its DSSSSIT lump to something else, and edit its SNDINFO lump accordingly.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'd like to think that the duck-sounds when playing this with Brutal Doom are intentional, myself. :p
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

oow, no chances for glorious doomguy's 'UNF-' guns. :(
IMX

Post by IMX »

Whoa wait a sec

Since when the Dopefish became a duck?!

Next time be sure to send me that memo. I hate listening to stuff after weeks it happened
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Dan50 wrote:Anyway I can play this minus duckguns? The sound of the minigun for this RULES!
You sure you got your load order correct? I'm getting no duckgun action going on. Dopefish however is making rifle sounds and radio static, unfortunately.
Xaser wrote: The trouble is, for some reason BrutalSE uses "DSSSSIT" for the rifle firing sound, bizarrely, which is overridden in D2TWID by one of the Dopefish sounds. Highly amusing, that. :P The fix is actually easy, luckily: load D2TWID first from the command line / launcher / whatever. Although then you'll get a shooty fish... D:
Yeah, I really ought to rename the file for that so there's no shenanigans like this. One of those things left over from vanilla Brutal Doom.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

I have just regular GzDoom not the special loading version of Zdoom.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

This is probably way too late, but for those who swing that way (likes to play everything with Brutal Doom), I tweaked the latest version of BDSE to be more compatible with D2TWID. No more duck rifles, or RifleFish no matter the load order.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

SigFloyd wrote:This is probably way too late, but for those who swing that way (likes to play everything with Brutal Doom), I tweaked the latest version of BDSE to be more compatible with D2TWID. No more duck rifles, or RifleFish no matter the load order.

Yay where can I get this tweaked version? :D
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Dan50 wrote:
SigFloyd wrote:This is probably way too late, but for those who swing that way (likes to play everything with Brutal Doom), I tweaked the latest version of BDSE to be more compatible with D2TWID. No more duck rifles, or RifleFish no matter the load order.

Yay where can I get this tweaked version? :D
The thread for it here on this forum. Just re-download it. It's already updated and all.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Dang still have duck noises, do I DL it from where It says Download? Or the main site?
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Dan50 wrote:Dang still have duck noises, do I DL it from where It says Download? Or the main site?
I'll just link it here.

Also, you might have to start a new game if it still doesn't work.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

DERP I was DLing the D2TWID thinking THAT was the one fixed.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Finished it haha that was great VERY PUZZLING at some parts. :D
Hareton

Post by Hareton »

I'm one of the few that prefer Doom 2 a lot more than Ultimate Doom, especially because it had bigger maps with monumental spaces. D2TWID really managed to imitate it. However, I didn't have much fun playing it, I don't know...

Return to “Levels”