If Doom was done today (Part 3) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jack Mackerel

Re: If Doom was done today (Part 3) [Released]

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Oh, man, don't tell that to the guys who love the Hell out of original Rainbow Six. They were my first realistic FPSes, but the AI was horrible, it hasn't aged well at all, and it had frankly BS mechanics. I want to play Vegas, but I'm still kinda miffed they took out most of the tactical planning from the original games and the psuedorealism.

I still insist Black Ops 1 was the best COD. And did you mean Ghosts? BO2 had no space bits...
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Next year I will take up some of my time to be a voice actor for this mod if you need an extra chubz, nice work btw, viewed the vid but unfortunately cannot test it out for myself.
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

Jack Mackerel wrote:Oh, man, don't tell that to the guys who love the Hell out of original Rainbow Six. They were my first realistic FPSes, but the AI was horrible, it hasn't aged well at all, and it had frankly BS mechanics. I want to play Vegas, but I'm still kinda miffed they took out most of the tactical planning from the original games and the psuedorealism.

I still insist Black Ops 1 was the best COD. And did you mean Ghosts? BO2 had no space bits...
Oh, I know a lot of R6 fans will hate me for saying that. I got stuck early on in the first Vegas- I think the game was glitched or something because there was one part I could never get past. It's not that I couldn't figure out where to go- there was an event that was supposed to trigger and it never triggered. But Vegas 2 I really enjoyed.

In my opinion Black Ops could have been really good, but you could tell there was a lot that was added in only because it had to be a Call of Duty game, and that hurt it a lot. And yeah, I meant Ghosts. That's what happens when you're trying to talk about three or four games at once. :oops:
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

XCVG wrote:That's what happens when you're trying to talk about three or four games at once. :oops:
Doesn't help that they're all nearly identical. :V
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

XCVG wrote:
Jack Mackerel wrote:Oh, man, don't tell that to the guys who love the Hell out of original Rainbow Six. They were my first realistic FPSes, but the AI was horrible, it hasn't aged well at all, and it had frankly BS mechanics. I want to play Vegas, but I'm still kinda miffed they took out most of the tactical planning from the original games and the psuedorealism.

Oh, I know a lot of R6 fans will hate me for saying that. I got stuck early on in the first Vegas- I think the game was glitched or something because there was one part I could never get past. It's not that I couldn't figure out where to go- there was an event that was supposed to trigger and it never triggered. But Vegas 2 I really enjoyed.

In my opinion Black Ops could have been really good, but you could tell there was a lot that was added in only because it had to be a Call of Duty game, and that hurt it a lot. And yeah, I meant Ghosts. That's what happens when you're trying to talk about three or four games at once. :oops:
I really wish they had gone hog-wild with Black Ops 2's loadout customization and perks. I hated the fact that MW2/3 refused to use anything from the multiplayer for a long time, and BO2 took a step in the right direction with branching storylines, choices, and actually allowing you to use a weapon without hoping to scavenge it off some dead guy. The story was weaker and less explored than Black Ops 1, but still.

Granted, most people are COD/BF players solely for the multiplayer.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Jack Mackerel wrote:Granted, most people are COD/BF players solely for the multiplayer.
If I pay $60 (or the regional equivalent) for a triple-A game that puts millions into various actors, setpieces and other things for a singleplayer experience alongside the multiplayer, then I have a right to be bothered if the singleplayer is the same old checklist and bland shit I've seen a million times already. The multiplayer may be the focus, but way too many people give Battlefield 3 and 4 a free pass just by saying, 'Ignore the singleplayer, play the multiplayer'; some feel they get their money's worth from the multiplayer, sure, but personally, i'm more of a botmatch and solo-player kinda guy who sucks horribly at online multiplayer. Creating something as bad as these campaigns just.. Shouldn't be ignored when they probably get over three times the amount of monetary focus the multiplayer does, diverting time and/or funds away from the multiplayer development to create this dreck. >:(

Not to imply that you're trying to divert the attention, just getting my annoyance out on the issue.
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Oh, no, I'm with you. I'm terrible at PVP and I really wish there were more single-player focused tacticool shooters. I'm still pretty miffed BF4 and Ghosts were steps back in terms of story.

I honestly think Black Ops 1 was the best COD, thanks to its pretty brutal story. Even if the plot twist was a bit cliche.
Failure

Post by Failure »

This one is not as fun as the previous one, Iddk why.

You should have added something else to it, like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpKUvd8NXM

You can also start now with BF4 since....You know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY5KBtBoO2E

Return to “Gameplay Mods”