[WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SigFloyd

Re: Brutal Doom v19 SE

Post by SigFloyd »

LowBrown wrote: There is a big chance you to see theese sounds in original Brutal Doom mod, but for this moment i cant make them, just because SigFloyd's addon contains different file names and files per se from original mod. I searched for a moment to see theese sound files, but i can see a few of them. I need help in that process :) If someone knows where are theese files which i used to replace with my own in brutal doomv19, tell me, please.
The weapon sounds within normal Brutal Doom are located under SOUNDS/COMBAT. The relevant sounds to replace are:

DSPISTOL (rifle)
DSMINIGN (minigun)
sgfire (shotgun)
sgpump (shotgun pumping)
sshfire (ssg primary)
PLSM9 (plasma gun)

Keep in mind, SE's tweaks to the weapons makes their code structurally different from BD's, such as adding additional sound effects, adding/reorganizing states, and reorganizing sound channels/loops/volume levels for those states, so it might not sound quite the same.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I'm fine with the bullet carry amount going up; I actually like Doom 3's ammo caps for the most part where everything's much higher than Doom 1/2's. A couple more sounds that you could probably replace would be doors and switches, if you can find good ones. Overall though, this is probably my favorite BD iteration. It's got exactly what the main mod needed, just more polish and refining of the existing stuff with tweaks here and there.
Morter

Post by Morter »

Has anyone found a Doomvisor compatible with this version? It acts all screwy, even the newest version :(
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Morter wrote:Has anyone found a Doomvisor compatible with this version? It acts all screwy, even the newest version :(
Simply go into the SE pk3 and delete the SBARINFO file, and then the Doom Visor mod should work normally again. However, that SBARINFO is used to display the custom ammo types so if you ever want to go back to using the vanilla HUD you'll need to restore that file.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Morter wrote:Has anyone found a Doomvisor compatible with this version? It acts all screwy, even the newest version :(
I use WildWeasels' without any problem
Galaxyman

Post by Galaxyman »

Great mod of Brutal doom! Love how you bought back the original plasma gun and it's alt-fire and the BFG alt fire is awesome!

Is it possible for you to make a mutator so the blood and gibs do not dissappear ever, and to allow gibbing of corpses like in v18? These are my 2 main gripes with the original v19.
Morter

Post by Morter »

Max Dickings wrote:
Oh? I'd appreciate a link! (PM me if you don't wanna/can't post it here)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

any progress LowBrown on an independent mutator of your sounds? I'm dying to try them!
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Vict wrote:Removing the corpse shooting seems to have improved the performance greatly though, and you can still hit them with explosives. Being able to shoot corpses with bullets was annoying and often got in the way.
True but its really hard to chainsaw corpses, and thats a pretty essential feature of the chainsaw..

If you can keep the corpse kicking, gibbing and sawing... that would be ideal!
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Bugs: It seems like the Commando's firing sound is still bugged.
The shotgun's select/deselect state is showing the wrong sprite (Using Doomnukem's sprites).

Anyway, I'm loving this version of BD. Great work!
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Semi-serious problem, sometimes teleporting into enemies kills you instead of them. I just died suddenly backtracking in map 06 of tnt because of this. For some reason however, it doesn't always do it, sometimes the enemies just dies like it is suppose too.

Which leads me to believe that it works like its suppose to but maybe something similar to the head football damage is happening.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

I've added the missing shotgun select/deselect sprites to the addon pack.
Toberone wrote:Semi-serious problem, sometimes teleporting into enemies kills you instead of them. I just died suddenly backtracking in map 06 of tnt because of this. For some reason however, it doesn't always do it, sometimes the enemies just dies like it is suppose too.

Which leads me to believe that it works like its suppose to but maybe something similar to the head football damage is happening.
I can't seem to replicate this, even on the same map you're experiencing it in. I've spawned all kinds of enemies onto a teleport pad, and then telefragging them over and over with no self damage. I do however recall this happening some time ago when playing Back to Saturn X, but that was before I made some tweaks to the gore physics. My guess is that some limbs or heads were being erroneously affected by telefrag damage in a way they shouldn't, or maybe the XDeath gore spray that results from telefrags were flinging kicked heads somehow, and I might have fixed that recently. Try downloading the latest version again and see if it still happens.
southpark2010 wrote:It seems like the Commando's firing sound is still bugged.
Could you elaborate? Do their firing sounds persist when they shouldn't? Do they not play when they should? Are there duplicates when there's only one commando?
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

I forgot to mention, it might be related to specific monsters though I can't test this at the moment (Sorry, time constraints).

Map02 of tnt you can teleport into barons and knights and that was fine

In Map 06 I teleported into a chaingunner that wandered into the beginning area, and that's what killed me.

I'm not currently sure if the reverse happens (monster into you) which I know a previous V19 test had a problem with.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Morter wrote:
Max Dickings wrote:
Oh? I'd appreciate a link! (PM me if you don't wanna/can't post it here)
Nah its so easy it doesn't even need to be uploaded.

All you have to do is get it (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36877) and open the .pk3 with winrar and delete everything but "graphics, oldsbargfx, Fontdefs, Sbarinfo."

And if you'd like to use DoomNukem's edit to the visor, just replace PLAYSCRN.png with this one

southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

SigFloyd wrote:
southpark2010 wrote:It seems like the Commando's firing sound is still bugged.
Could you elaborate? Do their firing sounds persist when they shouldn't? Do they not play when they should? Are there duplicates when there's only one commando?
Yeah, basically it carries on, even when the Commando has stopped firing. It's horrible when there's a group of them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”