[WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brutal Doom v19 SE

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Tried it already, and I have to say... Nice and very complete modification of the magnificent Brutal Doom! :thumb:

But in my opinion, it would be even better if the firing' recoil of some weapons were completely removed... It's so hateful for me!!! :nope:

Anyway, the BFG's secondary fire has just charmed me... That feature converts it in a really tremendous weapon! So, I ask you a question comrade SigFloyd... Will you mind if I try to include it in my custom release, BD Enhanced Edition? :?:
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Hexereticdoom wrote:BFG's secondary fire has just charmed me... That feature converts it in a really tremendous weapon! So, I ask you a question comrade SigFloyd... Will you mind if I try to include it in my custom release, BD Enhanced Edition? :?:
Sure you can! I don't see why not, as everything related to that alt fire was made with already existing assets within the regular Brutal Doom, just heavily remixed. Those mini-BFG projectiles really make that weapon feel more like a really big gun rather than some kind of weird contraption.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Feel free to take the voxel blood from my brutal doom patch so you can have better blood effects in software mode. If you wish.

Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

SigFloyd wrote:Sure you can! I don't see why not, as everything related to that alt fire was made with already existing assets within the regular Brutal Doom, just heavily remixed. Those mini-BFG projectiles really make that weapon feel more like a really big gun rather than some kind of weird contraption.
OK, fantastic! Thanks a lot... Image

Then "manos a la obra", as would say in my country... Image
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

I've been kicking around an idea in my head where rockets have a small chance (maybe 25% or so) to impale weaker man-sized enemies, causing them to fly backwards and explode when they hit the ground. The problem is that I don't have any idea how to make the rockets discriminate between small enemies and larger ones, where rockets explode normally when they hit a Mancubus for example. I'm not even sure if people would like that though, since if it happens when you're aiming at a group that's above you on a raised platform it could get annoying.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Great modification of an already awesome mod :D

I ran onto a weird bug while playing Doom 1, the ammo boxes aren't always picked up and never reach the max ammo limit(i used the "give ammo" cheat in the console and that seams to solve the problem for the rest of the level. However, after a while in the next level the problem occurs again. I don't know why it's happening because i'm running it alone without any other mods. I'll play for awhile with Doom 2 to see if the problem also occurs in Doom 2 or it's only on Doom 1.

Aside that, the mod runs flawlessly as far as i can tell :)
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

I officially endorse this version of Brutal Doom. :P
I should probably finish those plasma deaths or something, while i'm at it.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Endless123 wrote:Great modification of an already awesome mod :D

I ran onto a weird bug while playing Doom 1, the ammo boxes aren't always picked up and never reach the max ammo limit(i used the "give ammo" cheat in the console and that seams to solve the problem for the rest of the level. However, after a while in the next level the problem occurs again. I don't know why it's happening because i'm running it alone without any other mods. I'll play for awhile with Doom 2 to see if the problem also occurs in Doom 2 or it's only on Doom 1.

Perhaps you made a save with standard Brutal Doom and then later loaded that save with SE? That could be what's confusing the game regarding ammo, and the fact that you keep those weapons that used the vanilla ammo from map to map so the erroneous HUD will continue to glitch until you start a new game.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

SigFloyd wrote:
Endless123 wrote:Great modification of an already awesome mod :D

Perhaps you made a save with standard Brutal Doom and then later loaded that save with SE? That could be what's confusing the game regarding ammo, and the fact that you keep those weapons that used the vanilla ammo from map to map so the erroneous HUD will continue to glitch until you start a new game.
Sorry the bug was entirely my fault. I forgot i made a mod on auto-load in the GZDoom shortcut command line. Seems like my mod interfered with the "AMMO" file of your mod and as a result only ammo dropped by monsters could be picked up and only a limited number of ammo boxes that can be collected.

Now your mod is working perfectly.

2 questions though,

1 - is it possible to change the shotgun sound with a more "manly" sound?

2 - is it possible to remove the burst fire of the rifle when using the the zoom?

It's just a matter of preferences and in no time it diminishes the fun i have to play it :D

P.S. : The chaingun recoil is kinda hard to handle but i had the chance to handle a minigun and it had that kind of recoil. I don't know why they call it "minigun", it's not so "mini" lol
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Mike12 wrote:I officially endorse this version of Brutal Doom. :P
If anything you should remind everyone of this awesome pack you made

Mmmmmm.

Or add to it! Either way its very very delicious... :twisted:
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Endless123 wrote: 1 - is it possible to change the shotgun sound with a more "manly" sound?

2 - is it possible to remove the burst fire of the rifle when using the the zoom?
Within the pk3, the name of the sound file for the shotgun is "sgfire1". You can replace that with any sound you like. As for the Rifle, I whipped up a little file that gives the Rifle's secondary fire its zero-spread full-auto back, as seen in regular BD.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4xzs4 ... ondary.pk3

Also, IIRC the "mini" in minigun is because it's a scaled down version of what you'd find mounted on ships and such.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Max Dickings wrote:
Mike12 wrote:I officially endorse this version of Brutal Doom. :P
If anything you should remind everyone of this awesome pack you made

Mmmmmm.

Or add to it! Either way its very very delicious... :twisted:
That reminds me - Ideally, I'd like it if everything was more horrific and grotesque in the gore department (like, stuff you'd see in horror movies), but whilst also phasing out the stupid torture shit. All the zombies and demons with human-like emotions is just kinda weird in a bad way - it'd be much cooler and generally more doom/demon-like to have demons still trying to kill you for a few final seconds with their guts hanging out and stuff of the sort.
Morcillete

Post by Morcillete »

I've been playing "Whispers of Satan" wad with this in software mode (for some reason I prefer the atmosphere it generates xD), with the weapon sprites replacement, no screen effects and no flare mutators and it is just AWESOME!!!
Ahh and without crosshair (with the weapon alignment in the replacement you can)
One of the most inmersive things I've played.
I love what you have done with the weapons (I've only tried both shotguns, the rifle, the minigun and the rocket launcher so far). All of them feel now useful and satisfying.
My only suggestions would be to make the rifle's secondary fire semi-automatic only (sniper mode!!), and to make the shogun-guys to always drop something when killed.

Nice job man!!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

SigFloyd wrote:
Endless123 wrote: 1 - is it possible to change the shotgun sound with a more "manly" sound?

Within the pk3, the name of the sound file for the shotgun is "sgfire1". You can replace that with any sound you like. As for the Rifle, I whipped up a little file that gives the Rifle's secondary fire its zero-spread full-auto back, as seen in regular BD.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4xzs4 ... ondary.pk3

Also, IIRC the "mini" in minigun is because it's a scaled down version of what you'd find mounted on ships and such.
Thanks for the quick reply and for the info about the sound and the sf of the rifle :D

I'll download it right away :)
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Why is it so, so hard to chainsaw Mancubi and Revenant corpses to get their weapons now?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”