Doom-Prime

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
darkhaven3

Re: Doom-Prime

Post by darkhaven3 »

The mod concept is nice, but if I can make one request, please super-duper never autoalign STARTAN ever again.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

darkhaven3 wrote:The mod concept is nice, but if I can make one request, please super-duper never autoalign STARTAN ever again.
What's the proper way to handle them?
Deathskull

Post by Deathskull »

Nice, I have two questions though:

1: How advanced will the bosses be? Will they make extensive usage of scripting? Even though MP series marketing campaign made it a point that the game was less combat orientated than most FPS games If I'm correct (I don't think they even used that term to describe it), the major bosses (and a whole load of minor ones, mostly in 2 and 3) were very advanced, especially for FPS bosses.

Will the bosses here be that complicated, or not?

2: Will there be a lot of background story found around the levels? I remember the MP series has a lot of background story that isn't necessary to proceed in the game, and some of it is very detailed.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Deathskull wrote:Nice, I have two questions though:

1: How advanced will the bosses be? Will they make extensive usage of scripting? Even though MP series marketing campaign made it a point that the game was less combat orientated than most FPS games If I'm correct (I don't think they even used that term to describe it), the major bosses (and a whole load of minor ones, mostly in 2 and 3) were very advanced, especially for FPS bosses.

Will the bosses here be that complicated, or not?

2: Will there be a lot of background story found around the levels? I remember the MP series has a lot of background story that isn't necessary to proceed in the game, and some of it is very detailed.
1) I asked about implementing weak spots and was told I could spawn collision boxes that position themselves with every frame so I could do something with that. Yeah, I do plan to give them some more complex attack patterns, certainly more complex than Vanilla Doom. Some bosses will have very obvious weak spots, like the Cyberdemon's exposed entrails.

2) I already have a sort of example of how I'd achieve that in the current video progress where there's a log about an imp making it through the teleporter and how, after losing 2 men, they just barely managed to get it back in. I was going to do things like that with a story presented through logs like on Metroid Prime. I was thinking I could use things like Doom 3, and someone suggested using the Doom Comic, for source material.
ultimategamerxtreme

Post by ultimategamerxtreme »

You're combining two of my favorite games into one.
That...is...AWESOME!
Good luck on making this project, mate!
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

My laptop motherboard being fried put a hamper on the project. I managed to get Ubuntu 13.10 running On this Android but I'd need to find a way to compile Doom Builder or done other Zdoom capable editor for an ARMHF processor.

Thankfully, the hard drive was perfectly intact and I managed to pull the WAD file out of it. Anyone who wants to play the last version I managed to make will find it on the first page.
brunocar

Post by brunocar »

for being a demo is prety good, but buggy

Return to “Gameplay Mods”