[WIP] Forsaken Planet

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mike12

[WIP] Forsaken Planet

Post by Mike12 »

Got some work done on this with free time here and there, I figure there's just enough to justify a project thread. This is one of the two projects I have plans for at the moment (this probably being the more simple of the two)

Basically, this is my tribute/love-letter to the schlock sci-fi horror films of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Heavily influenced by the aesthetic of films such as Galaxy of Terror, Xtro 2, It! The Terror From Beyond the Stars, Forbidden Planet, Creature, Green Slime, The Deadly Spawn, and others of it's kind, I intend to blend elements of 60's-80's era sci-fi (and of course, the splatter/grossout elements of the 80's) and create a claustrophobic, yet hopefully enjoyable horror/action experience.

Here's the first screenshot, showing off what I have of the map's starting point, the new pistol, and a pretty rough/early version of the HUD that I slapped together using elements by Cage, Doom Nukem and an edited "In Extremis" HUD. (for display only, hoping to polish it up more before i add the functionality)

And here's the second, displaying the new assault rifle and the facility's entrance hall/lobby.

As always, any suggestions or assistance is appreciated. :D
Last edited by Mike12 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CruX

Re: [WIP] Forsaken Planet

Post by CruX »

:surprise: I think you're my first man-crush.

...Y'know, assuming you're a guy.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

awwwesome, looks really great, kind of reminds me of the old blake stone games heh
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

DoomNukem wrote:awwwesome, looks really great, kind of reminds me of the old blake stone games heh
Haha yeah, I used/edited a lot of stuff from Blake Stone: Planet Strike, since it was probably the most closely related to the stuff I'm going for.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Add more vertices to the cliffs (they are looking too blocky), and don't use the same texture that you used on the cliffs on the damaged ground (if that hole is supposed to be the trails of a fallen aircraft).

Looking pretty good so far.
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Add more vertices to the cliffs (they are looking too blocky), and don't use the same texture that you used on the cliffs on the damaged ground that (if that hole is supposed to be the trails of a fallen aircraft).

Looking pretty good so far.
Thanks - Yeah, most of the outside rock texture stuff was a quick recolor/contrast job to nail down the atmosphere. I hope to get some more indepth work done on the planet-surface textures after getting some more vital stuff locked down.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

oh god oh god oh god hnnngggghhh
Spoiler:
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Jimmy wrote:oh god oh god oh god hnnngggghhh
Spoiler:
Seconded
This looks absolutely freaking AWESOME
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Do want :O
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Looks impressive!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The colour scheme and weapons makes me think of Blake Stone. It also has something of a Wrack vibe to the colouring too.

None of this is bad IMO. :D
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

WOW! :trippy:
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Woah!! Can't wait to see more!
Tendo

Post by Tendo »

Only with these 2 screenshots you show us an impressive expression of your work.
I have both eyes on this!
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Dude. Need.

Return to “Levels”