[Merged] Trevor's Duke Port TCs

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
commie

Re: [Merged] Trevor's Duke Port TCs

Post by commie »

Is it okay if I release my own version of the wad? I took the basic work you did (the newer version with pistol reloading) and added the grenade launcher, the plasma caster, and the duke 3d rpg along with the duke 3d shrinker which turns the aliens into pigs and chickens. Speaking of which, I have added all of the enemies into the mod, and they fit quite well (This is one of my first wads, so currently all I can do is rip files for functioning items and modify them, but I just cannot start from scratch, so I ripped the weapons that are not yours and the enemies from a series of Xim Duke mods).
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Here's a Duke Nukem HQ voicepack compiled by myself some time ago. Would really love to see these put to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eoqyfhesioonohw

And no, they are not ALL from Duke Nukem Forever. Also, they probably could be converted to OGG to further cut down on size, but I never got around to it.
Last edited by CeeJay on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

hey commie, just post your link in the thread, worst he can say is no, im interested in trying it! also, that voicepack would be a nice addon
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

commie

Post by commie »

so, due to request, here is the link, complete with the original Duke 64 weapons plus a few ones that were not already in there such as the grenade launcher and plasma caster, along with the duke 3d rpg, shrink gun (with an interesting twist to it), and the original duke 3d pistol as a starting weapon while the duke 64 pistol is a replacement for the chainsaw as it is better in terms of statistics. I also made grenade launcher ammo abundant because in the original duke 64 the game allowed you to be pretty liberal in terms of its use, and I also added the Duke 3d enemies to replace the normal ones, these being fully coded. I tested this on the latest version of Gzdoom, so it is recommended that you get it, and finally, I would like to say that this is what I like to call a "Frankenstein mod", as it is features of several mods (Xim's and Trevor's) stitched together and modified through coding. Finally, beware, as killing the alien overlord enemy with the plasma caster has crashed my computer before, so play at your own risk. You run all 5 wads together by dragging them into the Gzdoom directory while highlighted. Give me feedback on what to improve, this is one of my first wads and I would like to make it better if possible.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtv2d ... miesV2.rar
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I like it. the only thing i dont like is that its in 5 wads and the shotgun is messed up, otherwise, good job.
commie

Post by commie »

Yeah, I don't know how to merge them well enough, but the coding is to a decent extent modified in each of them. I tried to fix the shotgun sound, as the duke 3d sound over rid the duke 64 sound, and I even deleted the sound file for the duke 3d one found in the wad and replaced it with the duke 64 on,e but it did not work out so well.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”