Prop Hunt

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KeksDose

Prop Hunt

Post by KeksDose »

Hello folks! Ever felt watched by your salt shaker? Did you try punching it? No? I do not want to fuel paranoia but there is a possibility that salt shaker could be your mortal enemy in a helluva well done disguise!

Prop Hunt is a deathmatch extension inspired by a modification for GMod and Team Fortress 2 of the same name. The principle is simple: One team is given time to hide and become a decoration, the other team has to hunt all disguised players down and kill them before the time runs out. Hide and seek with guns and absurdly good hiding places.

Icytux and I thought the original mod looked like a great deal of fun, and seeing as the gameplay could easily be implemented we decided to just port it over to our favorite engine. We are looking forward to your comments! :P
Nash

Re: Prop Hunt

Post by Nash »

I've never played the Gmod or TF versions but this looks so freaking hilarious.
NerdKoopa

Post by NerdKoopa »

Hell yes! I'd be interested in trying to make a map for this! Duke Nukem 3D has some great object sprites to rip. How would an office map sound like? Cs_office in Gmod works pretty good for that version. However, I do have a question: Are the positions and quantities of the map actors randomized? I'd imagine would be possible to have some of the actors to spawn with random offsets every time the map is loaded.
Also, could Sprite Hunt be a more appropriate name for this version of the game? Just a suggestion.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

YES!
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Never heard or seen of the original Prop Hunt. But that looks quite fun. This might become another favorite mod for lan. :D

Also, does this need specific maps, or can it use other PWADs?
NerdKoopa

Post by NerdKoopa »

Maybe I could even make some voxel furniture for this! Tables, chairs and so on. I already have experience with voxels from my Voxel Vehicles Pack http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=36486
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Had an unfortunate luck (because I never liked prop hunts that much) to partake in matches of it myself. I don't regret even a single second of doing that. :wink:
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

This looks more fun than hide n seek. Does the prop turn into the nearest available prop or does the prop turn into a random prop?

Ill definitely play this if i see a server up with it.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:This looks more fun than hide n seek. Does the prop turn into the nearest available prop or does the prop turn into a random prop?

Ill definitely play this if i see a server up with it.
You select what prop to turn into by walking up to a prop and hitting use, turning yourself into an exact duplicate of the prop.

As a side note, that map seems rather small. Will there be bigger maps in the future? Or would this be compatible with any random map pack? Playing Prop Hunt in the base mapset would be interesting, you'd get to test just how well you REALLY know the maps. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”