Bot Aiming Enhanced

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TXTX

Bot Aiming Enhanced

Post by TXTX »

Just a little wad that increases zdoom's bots aiming ability. It also helps them to not constantly run into walls and reduces thier ability to use melee weapons. THEY ARE EVIL WITH MELEE WEAPONS. This should overall make the bots more fun to play for people who play against them.
Attachments
BotAiming.wad
(3.2 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Bot Aiming Enhanced

Post by AlphaEnt »

Alright, i'll download it and try it. Does it also works on skulltag/zandronum?

Edit: I've noticed i've wrote if it's was made for Skulltag/zandronum while it's obviously made for those sourceports, my bad :lol:
I was pretty much asleep while wrote this XD
Last edited by AlphaEnt on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Nice! The bots still can't find their way into the hallway on Map01 but this is a huge improvement over the old behaviour.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This does indeed seem to improve the bots. They can still be a bit stupid but are less so thanks to this.
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Would it be possible to update the ZDoom's Botcode internally instead of external patches? I, personally, would love to have the bots in ZDoom to be - smarter rather than roaming zombies.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

This comes up constantly and it's constantly stated to be abandoned.

Hence, I believe, this wad.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

ZDoom only by the way. Skulltag/Zandronum bots are okay at deathmatch already. (Besides the annoying habit of permanently holding the shoot button and never switching targets...)

I worked on this for zdoom bots since they can actually attack most enemy objects. It was just that their aiming sucked.

The scripting uses named acs (which is awesome.)

Also just a little something else to go along with the package...

Bot Items. They use all original items like a player, attack items, defense uses, and teleporting away like a jerk... >:(
Attachments
BotItems.wad
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Vaecrius wrote:This comes up constantly and it's constantly stated to be abandoned.

Hence, I believe, this wad.
I am aware of their current status. However, hypothetically, and what I was hinting, if anyone (anyone implying anyone and not limited to only Randy and\or Graf Zhal) can simply submit patches or even create a newer foundation of the entire bot code for ZDoom (internally, without external resources). Why would the developers on this port throw out an opportunity for such a feature that could require little to no work on their part - as long as someone else maintains the foundation or the bot code? One of the many simple joys of Free and Open Source Software, user contributions!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”