PC A Wolfenstein Classic v1.0

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PC A Wolfenstein Classic v1.0

Post by armymen12002003 »

this is a enhanced version of Paul Corfiatis, Joe Corfiatis pc_wolf wad which is here> http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=10216

whats in it weapons and decorations from realm667, more wolf3d enemies from the original games NOT! the mission packs. midis from wolf 3d.

screenies> altho not very good lol http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/armym ... %20Classic

Download> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68BnG ... sp=sharing

credits: joeytd for the colt
MasterOFMorag for the flamethrower
Captain Toenail for the bone pile & the machinegun
Ghastly_dragon for the shirtless beheaded marine carcass
scuba steve for the knife

Also this is meant to be an alternate prequel to sgt shiver's spear return to danger mod
Attachments
TITLEPIC.png
TITLEPIC.png (21.31 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
doommarine23

Re: PC A Wolfenstein Classic v1.0

Post by doommarine23 »

TL:DR, has potential as an idea to be really awesome, but the execution has fallen short.

Okay, where to begin with this one, aside from the lacking post itself, your image attachment is broken, your description is barebones and lacking and it lacks any kind of professionalism or even bare attempt to describe anything within your project. I also dislike that you do not even bother to credit properly the people who's resources you have used. Saying "Realm667" is not adequate enough.

the actual mini mod itself, is decent I suppose, at best. The levels as you stated are not yours and thus I can't really give you kudos for them, and while you did attempt to add some new content such as the Realm667 weaponry, I feel you put in complete minimal effort. There is a lack of variety, what is there is not that interesting and incredibly basic and honestly are completely visual clashing as the resources and content you shoved in, are clearly different rips from different games or assets, without consideration for impact on overall artistic cohesion.

There isn't a lot I can honestly say, the idea of making a Wolf3D style modification on Zdoom is really neat one, but this is entirely barebones, I don't feel like you put a lot of effort or love into this and it shows, considering its just a bunch of ripped resources put into someone else's maps and left at that. There is nothing wrong with being basic and there is nothing wrong with ripped resources from 90s games, but it really hurts your art, when I can't see the effort or work put into it, and all it really amounts to, is just a bunch of random weaponry from a resource website put into someone else's 6 map campaign. Its just so basic and so forgettable, with the only tagline really being a gimmick of trying to feel like Wolf3D, but falling short.

Learn from what I said, I mean it as one artist's critique to another. The idea of a Wolf3D campaign is an awesome one and something I've thought about before, but this guerilla slap stuff in style? Isn't how you should be going about it. You should be making something you can be proud of and something unforgettable. At best, this was just a forgettable bunch of weapons stuffed into some maps.

P.S I question why you took the Colt 1911 from ROTT but not the MP40.
armymen12002003

thank you for the tips after all im still trying to find more ways in updating this as the title says v1.0
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Did you take the quit messages from my Castle Vernichtung mod?
armymen12002003

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Did you take the quit messages from my Castle Vernichtung mod?
Yes if thats ok this supposed to be a alternate prequel to your Return To Danger Mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”