[WIP] The Shores of Zdoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MetroidJunkie

Re: [WIP] The Shores of Zdoom

Post by MetroidJunkie »

The screenshots look really nice, I look forward to the project's completion.
Last edited by MetroidJunkie on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

esselfortium wrote: Z2M1 is DezzTech's. Vader is working on Z2M6 and Z2M8.
Are they the only people working on said maps or does this work on a primary, secondary, tertiary mapping system like KDiZD?
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

This is so far just a single mapper tackling an entire map on his own. This way to cause less of a mess on the layout and visual clashing throughout a map. The style changes a bit between levels but that just adds a nice variety throughout the mapset. All the mappers working on it atm seem to be somewhat on par with eachother in terms of visual design atleast so there isn't much of a noticable quality drop between levels so far.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

MetroidJunkie wrote:how much longer?
How much longer for the world to end? For world peace? For ZDoom forums to implode? For people to stop bumping? For people to stop asking that question?
hfc2x wrote:For people to stop bumping?
zorry I am apologize. :oops:
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I didn't mean until it was done, I meant until it was available for people to try. I assume the answer is when it's done? I didn't mean to interpret it as a call to hurry up, I was praising the project and I look forward to being able to play it.
Last edited by MetroidJunkie on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

[id]Angel wrote:Thy Flesh ConZDoomed
Thy ZDoom Consumed.

:P
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

Would it be possible to lock this thread until an update is available?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

wildweasel wrote:Or, y'know, people can quit posting in it, so the thread owner doesn't have to go through the process of PM'ing a moderator to get it unlocked when an update needs to be posted.
[id]Angel

Post by [id]Angel »

Hey guys sorry for the late reply but how the hell did you make those curved pipes? :D

(Oh and note, while TSoZD is being developed something bad will happen and Kaiser will start to develop Community is Falling 4)
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

[id]Angel wrote:Hey guys sorry for the late reply but how the hell did you make those curved pipes? :D

(Oh and note, while TSoZD is being developed something bad will happen and Kaiser will start to develop Community is Falling 4)

I am pretty sure it is something like i did for mine but much more curved.
ZD3K map12 curved pipes 1 Res: 1920x1080

I do use a plugin tool called Draw circle mode for Doom Builder 2, but i cannot remember where i found it.

I hope this help ya out.
[id]Angel

Post by [id]Angel »

X-DOOM wrote:
[id]Angel wrote:Hey guys sorry for the late reply but how the hell did you make those curved pipes? :D

I do use a plugin tool called Draw circle mode for Doom Builder 2, but i cannot remember where i found it.

I hope this help ya out.
Hey there X-DOOM, so i have questions, Does it affect performance?, Are they considered as 3D Floors?, Can you land on them?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

[id]Angel wrote: Hey there X-DOOM, so i have questions, Does it affect performance?, Are they considered as 3D Floors?, Can you land on them?
Unless I'm mistaken, it's just a curved sector. Even Vanilla Doom is capable of them, having non-perpendicular walls was one of the improvements over Wolfenstein 3D.
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

[id]Angel wrote:
X-DOOM wrote:

I hope this help ya out.
Hey there X-DOOM, so i have questions, Does it affect performance?, Are they considered as 3D Floors?, Can you land on them?
There are no 3D Floor from these pipes, only ceiling slopes.
If you check on these small stacked sectors you will count 3 row.

The whole room ceiling's height is 128.
First row's ceiling is at 124.
The middle's ceiling is at 120, all his linedef are sloped ceiling.
The third row's ceiling is at 124.

I have no idea how they made their huge curved pipes on TSoZD, but i am sure it is something like i did, they may just had way more sector to made a better curve.
Just start with how i did and you will find it easy to reproduce.

This is the tool i used to make quick and easy circle, i started my pipe with this and splited it.
Xabis' Draw Circle Plugin @ 1.0.1

_
[id]Angel

Post by [id]Angel »

Hey guys, i have many questions about this mod (Sorry for the Bump, Dont ya dare call me Mr. Necromancer)

Can this work with Mods like Russian Overkill, Brutal DOOM, Perk's Smooth Animations, Ketchup Gore Mod, and etc?
Will this work with the HD Texture pack? (http://dhtp.freelanzer.com/)
How large will the total mod be?
Can you run it with KDiZD? (You know, Dragging both wads at once)
Will you guys release test versions or Beta versions?
How many Maps have been finished?
Will it work on Zandronum?
And last, least and the silliest question. Do you think while in the development of TSoZD Something bad will happen and then Vader will be on his way developing Community is Falling 4?

So that's all TSoZD Team
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

[id]Angel wrote:Hey guys, i have many questions about this mod (Sorry for the Bump, Dont ya dare call me Mr. Necromancer)

Can this work with Mods like Russian Overkill, Brutal DOOM, Perk's Smooth Animations, Ketchup Gore Mod, and etc?
At your own risk. Mods often heavily alter the gameplay in ways that aren't predictable, and there's no reasonable way to accommodate them. Gameplay is balanced for standard play, we can't guarantee it will play as intended with third-party modifications.
Will this work with the HD Texture pack? (http://dhtp.freelanzer.com/)
No
How large will the total mod be?
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.
Can you run it with KDiZD? (You know, Dragging both wads at once)
Probably not. We're not aiming for continuity, in any case.
Will you guys release test versions or Beta versions?
No idea. It's not far along enough to consider it yet.
How many Maps have been finished?
Z2M6 is the only map near completion at the moment.
Will it work on Zandronum?
Zandronum is several years behind on ZDoom features, so probably not unless it gets more up to date.
And last, least and the silliest question. Do you think while in the development of TSoZD Something bad will happen and then Vader will be on his way developing Community is Falling 4?
No

Return to “Levels”