[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (The Delay! But Of Course!) (Page

Post by Cardboard Marty »

I've actually already fixed that! But I appreciate it nonetheless!

ANNNNNNND I'm working on a new weapon and trying to get everything in a fun playable state before Saturday. Probably going to be missing a couple weapons such as the crossbow, BFG replacement, and the chainsaw replacement, but we'll see what happens. I have yet to really start on the Rocket Launcher-replacement besides a vague conceptual idea for it. But yeah! Here's the next weapon I'm working on, the Plasma Gun replacement, which is a Rocket Launcher/Nailgun combo. Yeah, I'm switching it up a bit! No WildWeasel descriptions for this thing yet or even an official name...but whatever.

Brightmaps Test

Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Looks awesome, maybe you could call it the Impaler or Toolbox or something?
Cardboard Marty

I like the Toolbox, actually! Which is good, because I was on the verge of calling it the Debris Clearer or something inane like that.

Fun fact: While working on WWHC-Diaz, I sent WildWeasel the sprites for the Neutralizer under the name "KarmaKilla", because I thought that was such a cool name. Now you know.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Any chance of Space Pirate being out later today, or tomorrow?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

First post says OPEN BETA SEPTEMBER 7TH, so yeah. Tomorrow.
Which is great! :D This looks like a great mod!
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

He said in the post above that he plans to have it done BEFORE saturday. Just wondering how likely that is.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

"Yes! I plan on releasing this for Open Beta August 31st September 7th, 2013 pretty soon, I hope!"

Well damn, looks like another delay. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Cardboard Marty

/me shuffles nervously under the spotlight

I figured it was better to stealth edit than make another "ahhh real life" comment about the delay. Much like Kirragate 2012, my previously free time kind of got eaten up by recently working with a band on engineering and artwork. Great!

When can you expect it? Pretty damn soon actually. I have some critical, time consuming changes I have to do, that Rocket Launcher replacement is still not yet a thing and it's one of my pre-reqs before beta. SO...we'll see how long that takes!

Not long, I hope.
Last edited by Cardboard Marty on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Shit happens, everybody has stuff going on, so it's understandable. Better to delay it and squash some bugs than release it on your determined release date in a broken state. That said, release dates aren't always the best idea. Either way, I look forward to it, and I'm glad to hear that it'll be done soon.
Cardboard Marty

The release date, at the time, was pretty realistic and attainable. I got a bit too ambitious and things completely changed whenever I got some feedback on the revealed weapons. No need to worry, like I said...pretty damn soon.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Well if the changes mean a more enjoyable/better beta than the wait will be worth it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (The Delay! Damn you Marty!)

Post by Captain J »

i'm tottaly care about beta playing, it means i can help you as a medicine. anyway good luck for that.

EDIT: the thread still says itself; the delay time, let us wait more time and don't loose any reply spaces.
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Any word on Space Pirate yet?
Cardboard Marty

Not a single one, except for the 163 I'm about to say.

Greetings everybody! Sorry it's been nearly a month since the projected release date. Apparently the best way for me to have a busy social and work life is to announce I'm going to release something on a certain day so everything and everyone can stop me from doing so. I had a ton of things I've wanted to add but haven't had the time for, which hopefully I can work on soon. I'm itching to get this out to you guys so you can say how much it sucksgive me some much needed feedback and direction for this beast. I can't promise a date, because as I learned I can't even tell what the future will be like tomorrow, so I'm just going to officially say "soon" as I've stated above, and hopefully not the "Marty Kirra's interpretation" of soon either. Thanks for your continued interest and I hope to meet your expectations once this is out in the open!
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

It's cool!!! Take your time!!! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :mrgreen:

If it makes ya feel better...I have no idea how many release dates I made for The Martyr, only for it to come out nearly 2 YEARS after I thought. And Echo Path...well that's still not out yet :roll:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”