doom extended edition

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
conan6100

doom extended edition

Post by conan6100 »

ok so i started this new wad is a remake of doom 1 (i know real original) im trying to cram in as many custom textures as possible i already downloaded like 2000+ from realm667 but its missing some of the key ones i want like desks beds alot of sines doom 3ish tipe shit if there are any you have that you never posted or know of a good website please let me know

this wads based off brutalized doom a hardcore remake of doom
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32929

im looking for people who are good at making custom textures and sprites to help me out
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: doom extended edition

Post by wildweasel »

Do you have screenshots of your project?
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

conan6100 wrote:ok so i started this new wad is a remake of doom 1 (i know real original) im trying to cram in as many custom textures as possible i already downloaded like 2000+ from realm667
:shock:

Let me give you a tip: less is more. For people like me with subpar internet connections, it's a pain to download a wad with 500 textures that only uses 20 of them. It happens a lot more than you'd think. Also, this thread might have some textures you could use. Just make sure you credit the artist. :wink:
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

wildweasel wrote:Do you have screenshots of your project?
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Marnetmar wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Do you have screenshots of your project?
Cut him a little bit of slack atleast :p Also conan they are right though, post atleast 1 screenshot of a map you've worked on so far for this project, otherwise ask WildWeasel to close the thread so that no drama stirs up :wink: .
conan6100

Post by conan6100 »

here are some much needed photos
Last edited by conan6100 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conan6100

Post by conan6100 »

0bsidian wrote:
conan6100 wrote:ok so i started this new wad is a remake of doom 1 (i know real original) im trying to cram in as many custom textures as possible i already downloaded like 2000+ from realm667
:shock:

Let me give you a tip: less is more. For people like me with subpar internet connections, it's a pain to download a wad with 500 textures that only uses 20 of them. It happens a lot more than you'd think. Also, this thread might have some textures you could use. Just make sure you credit the artist. :wink:
i already took almost all the textures from that thread :P but thankyou
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Looks nice!
Also, for the Youtube tags, use only the X5s6pu0t6kc part in the tags.
conan6100

Post by conan6100 »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Looks nice!
Also, for the Youtube tags, use only the X5s6pu0t6kc part in the tags.
thankyou im vary new to forums of anykind
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Would it be possible to get some screenshots that doesn't use Brutal Doom? Understandably, using your favorite mod is alright. But some of us would like to play this with other mods. Like Polished Skull, WW's Nazis or even GSA - and having BD on there would drive away some potential player base who could be beneficial to helping you out. Better yet, why not just use Vanilla? Universal for everyone! :D

Otherwise, I actually like the idea you're doing. Are you going to be doing any other episode - 2, 3 and 4?
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

I'm going to get behind Hellser on the vanilla compatibility: as well as being compatible with pretty much everything, it also allows you to focus on the core aspects of mapping without the numerous twiddly bits that source ports add on. Personally I'd recommend starting off with vanilla and working your way up the source port ladder: it's worked for a lot of people. ;)
conan6100

Post by conan6100 »

Hellser wrote:Would it be possible to get some screenshots that doesn't use Brutal Doom? Understandably, using your favorite mod is alright. But some of us would like to play this with other mods. Like Polished Skull, WW's Nazis or even GSA - and having BD on there would drive away some potential player base who could be beneficial to helping you out. Better yet, why not just use Vanilla? Universal for everyone! :D

Otherwise, I actually like the idea you're doing. Are you going to be doing any other episode - 2, 3 and 4?
yes i want to do doom 1 and 2 but its taking a really long time for even one episode il make a vanilla video soon
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Cool, thanks man. I'll be looking forward to those screenshots. You got something nifty going on here.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

any progress? saw this in mr chris' thread
conan6100

Post by conan6100 »

LegendaryFalco wrote:any progress? saw this in mr chris' thread
i have e1m1 done but school is slowing me way down one day it ill be done...

Return to “Levels”