[Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [18-Nov08]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
IMX

[Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [18-Nov08]

Post by IMX »

Today's feature (for now): Jetpack Revenant! Image

(Almost) Everything that I've messed up with, it'll be in here. Don't be surprised if I post a few things here and there in the forums and you don't see 'em here, since I want this space to have only finished stuff that I feel I can't polish anymore (however, feel free to make changes in whenever you may want, but keep in mind that credits are not only appreciated but encouraged.)

Expect this place to be poor in content for now. Also don't be surprised if I happen to miss some credits in a couple of things because no matter how much I put effort in preventing it, I keep forgetting about things relentlessly :? . Feel free to bash me and point it out if I happen to miss anything no matter how small it is, and I'll change it in a sec.

Monsters

Doom style

Image - Baby Cacodemon

Code: Select all

Sprites by osjclatchford
Sounds by Scroton, a couple of edits by me
DECORATE by osjclatchford/IMX
Isn't he adorable? :lol: Extremely weak, still doesn't know how to float and move around properly (it's a baby Caco, duh). Expect to blow him down in one SSG shot.

Stats are the same ones that osjclatchford suggested, I wasn't expecting it to post this little cutie before including it first on a personal project, but eh, things worked out in different ways so I took a plan B.

Image - Red Swamp Zombie / Green Swamp Zombie

Sprites by Globe
Sounds by IMX
DECORATE by plums
If you happen to like Splatterhouse (and why wouldn't you? It's a fine ass game!), you just can't miss these. These monstrosities are quite unique, not only because of their looks, but you just wait and see when you kill one of them and one of their comrades passes by...However, don't alarm since every once in a while they don't have enough luck to give an oozed hand to their fallen comrades. You better think twice when you encounter a group of these baddies in a closed area.

(By the way, each colored version includes an alternate "dormant" version for more variety)

Even before making an account in the forums, I had bookmarked these baddies that were done by Globe more than a year ago, and now that I have enough tools in my hands I could finally make them real. When I was preparing this monster I noticed that the sprites weren't done using the Doom palette in mind, therefore I took the time to make both truecolor and Doom-palette versions of the monsters, while respecting the good effort that Globe put into these dudes, so feel free to use whatever you may like more.

Image - Doom RPG's Fiend / Doom RPG's Ghoul

Sprites by id software (recolored). Fiend's Cacoballs by osjclatchford
Sounds by id software/IMX
DECORATE by IMX
If you happen to like revenants (heh) you'll absolutely love these! Those who have played id's mobile game Doom RPG will surely remember these fellas, but this time they aren't as weak as their handheld counterparts.

First of all, the Fiends have received an upgrade in the form of two cylinders in their backs with a rather mysterious blue liquid which somehow grant 'em the power to shoot the cacodemon's fireballs in rocket form!

Secondly, the Ghouls (not to be confused with the vocally emotive flying heads) have been submerged in a lugubrous pool filled with nothing but the blood of fallen Barons of Hell, which after a long ritual emerge from the depths of it revitalized and filled with the unstoppable need of taking revenge of those who defeated them in the past.

One of my long-term goals when it comes to Doom modding is the materialization of a PC port of the first Doom RPG game, and what a better start than creating two revenant variants which were quite required for the community in general. Before these, only the Vore existed as an alternative for an enemy with homing/tracing projectiles, and I guess we all are familiarized with her already :lol: , so feel free to give her a rest and try these instead.

Image - Black Panther

Sprites by id Software and Lobotomy Software.
Sounds by Lobotomy Software and IMX
DECORATE by IMX
A not-so distant relative of the Hell Warrior, the Black Panther is known for being one of the noblest servants of Hell's cause, but kept its own distance from any conflict, until now.

Yesss, I know, yet another baron reskin, but I'll be honest, as soon as I saw the chance, I just couldn't let it pass. If you want to give more variety to your WAD, feel free to use this fella, he's as strong as a regular Hell Knight.

Image - Jetpack Revenant

Idea: Doom 4 development team.
Original Decorate: Ghastly_dragon, Captain Toenail
Sounds: id Software
Sprites: id Software, Rogue Entertainment, 3d Realms
Sprite Edit: IMX
A revenant. Packed with a Jetpack. And he's pissed off. Run.

What was arguably the most talked thing after the Doom reveal at Quakecon, done for the ZDoom engine a day later. I just couldn't let the chance pass me by. Jetpacks with Revenants are next on my list.

Sprites

-Empty (for the moment)-

Textures

-Empty (for the moment)-

Game Rips

ParanoiaScape is a Pinball game for the PlayStation, exclusively released in Japan in 1998, published by Mathilda (probably a one-time studio) and developed by Joji Tani (Screaming Mad George) also known for his work in Predator, Jack Frost and Nightmare on Elm Street 4.

[Textures, Menu Font, Title and Stage selection graphics]

Download

Metal Slug Defense (Japanese Name :メタルスラッグディフェンス) is a tower defense mobile game created by SNK Playmore in 2014 for iOS and Android mobile devices. It was also ported to Steam in 2015 causing a mixed reception between Metal Slug fans. A sequel to this game, titled Metal Slug Attack, was released by SNK Playmore on February 2016. The latest version of Metal Slug Defense is 1.46.0 and has not been updated since April 24, 2016.

[Partial rip; HUD sprites and menu graphics (If you happen to be looking for a full rip, perhaps you should take a look at The Spriters Resource).]

Download

And like I said, feel free to do whatever you want with this, if you include it in anything I would thank if you let me know about it, and don't forget that credits are not only appreciated, but encouraged.

Disclaimer: If you've downloaded any stuff of this post from another place, you've most likely got delicious malicious code :!: or someone forgot to ask me about rehosting my works! :roll: . Either way, be sure to do a double-check or compare the content of both sources.

Cheers!
Last edited by IMX on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 am, edited 13 times in total.
IMX

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno

Post by IMX »

-Reserved post for references, updates and last-minute changes-

Aug. 25, 2013 - Post Creation, Baby Cacodemon added.
Sept. 19, 2013 - Red and Green Swamp Zombies added, minor edit changes.
Nov. 28, 2013 - Minor changes to the OP.
Nov. 29, 2013 - Doom RPG's Fiend and Ghoul added.
Jan. 1st, 2014 - Black Panther added. Happy new year!
July 18, 2014 - Jetpack Revenant added. The hype is real.
September 07, 2016 - Dropbox fucked up big time and it made me remove all of my stuff from my account as preemptive measure. Rehosted everything on Mediafire.
November 08, 2018 - I'm back. Sort of. Metal Slug Defense rip added. Game Rips section added. Links 100% fixed now. Enjoy!
Last edited by IMX on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Must... not... kill Baby Caco... D'AWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHH
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

oh yeah, i found it! get a friend with searcher!
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

so someone did do it in the end! he's still far too bubba and cute to kill imho though...
IMX

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [19/9]

Post by IMX »

Bump, Swamp Zombies added. Thanks to Globe for spriting them, we need more Splatterhouse-based monsters in Doom, y'all!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

adding a red eyes and again, add a bright swamp green blood's gonna much looks like a splatter house based monsters. well, just sayin' but that's going to me more scarier then biggy man.

and uhh, making of biggy man is not going to be pretty easier.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

DEFINITELY going to use these!!!! :)
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

IMX wrote:The Swamp Zombies! Image
If you permit me i want to use theses zombie's sprite.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

X-DOOM wrote:
IMX wrote:The Swamp Zombies! Image
If you permit me i want to use theses zombie's sprite.
Read up. They're by Globe.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome stuff, you should submit this to the Realm667 repo :)
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

I might see if I can rustle up something for one of those Swamp Zombies. That red one gives me ideas. :twisted:
IMX

Post by IMX »

Tormentor667 wrote:Awesome stuff, you should submit this to the Realm667 repo :)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I might prefer to submit something which I've actually made rather than someone else's work; however, I'm not sure about what's the opinion of the rest of the guys around here regarding these two monsters, so if you guys think these are actually worthy of being suggested in the realm667 repo', I can change my opinion.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Heh.

So I played around with the Red Swamp Zombie and I think I made something nice. I don't play around with DECORATE much, so let me know if there's any hiccups. Warp to Doom 2 MAP25 to see it in action. :P
ThomsonI

Post by ThomsonI »

I may be using the green swamp zombie in my own project, because it is awesome and can totally fit in there somewhere. If I can manage to adjust the color to something sand-like, I'll definitely be able to fit in in the first few levels I've got planned. Will totally credit you for it, obviously. Great work!

Return to “Resources”