Plants vs Demons

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jack Mackerel

Re: Plants vs Demons

Post by Jack Mackerel »

MetroidJunkie wrote:
Jack Mackerel wrote:I'd suggest the Chomper being a melee one-hit kill that requires a cooldown time. Same goes with Tangleweeds (probably only on liquid surfaces?).

The Starfruit could be a SSG.
I'm not so sure about the Chomper, how do you give a weapon a cooldown stage where it remembers the cooldown if you switch to another plant and then back again? Or is your idea to force you to stick with the chomper until it's cooled down as a sort of consequence of its power? If I did do it, I'd probably adjust its damage so it needs 2 bites to kill a Spider Mastermind or a Cyberdemon since the one ingame needs two chomps to kill a Gargantuar.
Huh, I swore there were a few .wads where you can simulate overheated weapons, even if you switch to another one. Yeah, it'd probably work better as a droppable mine of sorts, or making it so that you're stuck with the Chomper while it's eating might be a good simulation of the cooldown time.

Ah, the Melon-Pult. Of course, I wound up using the Kernel-Pult, thanks to the freeze effect :V
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Spoiler:
The chomper replaces the berserk pack and is fully functioning. I've set it up to kill most enemies in a single bite with the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind taking 2 bites each and it replenishes ammo slowly after use.
Last edited by MetroidJunkie on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Neat idea for a mod! I'm loving it so far! :D
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

The mod has been released and can be downloaded in the starter of the thread. I also replaced the weapon icons with seed packets and added particles to the peas, kernels, melons, and butter when they hit something.
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”