Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
iVoid

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by iVoid »

Yey! More drama, thank you so much Xaser! \o/

I don't approve of what sergeant did, but if you want to talk about it, MAKE ANOTHER THREAD! Geez... There are a lot of people on this community who have proved time and time again that they can't be reasonable when it comes to brutal doom or its author (and I don't care why), there isn't much respect and all that can be done to avoid even more drama is to stay on freakin topic! Jesus christ, I visit this thread every once in a while to check on the progress of the mod and I'm already sick of it! How could you think it was a good idea to link that thread here?

I didn't like what sergeant did one bit, but one thing that I consider equally despicable is hypocrisy when dealing with a matter as serious as this. Some of the people that hold a pet hate against brutal doom now will just pretend to care about that "kid" (turns out he wasn't even a kid) as a means to hurt the mod, and yes from the sad examples of irrational hate posts against brutal doom I've seen before I do believe some of the people on the community will do that. I even doubt your intentions linking that thread here... Did you invest your time on trying to help the poor "kid", made the slightest effort to contact him? I really doubt it. Don't take it personal, it's just that I don't know you.
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Why was the Doom guy screaming while burning or having his arm blown off removed??? I loved that sound it fit perfectly with what the doom guy was going through. Now there is just silence, he doesn't even make a standard Doom death sound anymore :(

I am playing BrutalTest8748 on Gzdoom 1-8-2.
COD IS A DOOM CLONE

Post by COD IS A DOOM CLONE »

southpark2010 wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:Will you fix the brown parts? Otherwise it's awesome.
I was, until my laptop broke. If I can't fix it, I'll just start over.
Remove the Hard Drive from the laptop, put it in a case and try mounting it as an external hard drive
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Ghostbreed wrote:Man I love how often this thread gets derailed with all kind of bullshit :p Focus on the matter at hand people, the mod!
I like mods.
Mods are awesome.
I think one is going to have an aneurysm on seeing what happened.
COD IS A DOOM CLONE

Post by COD IS A DOOM CLONE »

Tarnsman wrote:I find myself in a quandary, a conundrum if you will, vexed by one nagging question that I don't think I will ever be able to get an answer to. On the one hand we have Sergeant Mark IV's behavior towards which many would agree is not particularly kind, hateful words like 'racist' and 'fucktard' are often used to describe it. But then on the other hand we have Sergeant Mark IV's behavior when confronted with his less than amiable actions, which is barricade himself in his own delusional world and accuse everyone who is unhappy with his behavior of being "jealous" of his "success". And well you see, after much deliberation I honestly can't figure out which one of these makes Mark IV a bigger cunt and this is really bothering me. I guess I'll never know, but I do know four things that are true.

1. No one, ever, in the history of the world, has ever been jealous of Sergeant Mark IV.
2. If Sergeant Mark IV posts shit he knows will offend people, Sergeant Mark IV shouldn't act surprised and indignant when people start complaining about it, even if it doesn't offend him things like compassion and empathy exist and if Sergeant Mark IV wasn't a human pile of shit, he would realize that and think about how other people might feel about it before letting the "verbal" diarrhea spew forth from his mouth.
3. Zdoom's policy of instantly locking shit and sweeping it under the rug is detrimental to the community as a whole. Is the fact that Sergeant Mark IV is a horrible person relevant to the mod? No it's not, people might not want to play it or contribute to it as a result, but WW is right that it does have nothing to do with the topic, however because of this policy Sergeant Mark IV knows, and frequently exploits being the cunt that he is, that he can say whatever dumb shit he wants with no repercussions, as the second anyone tries to complain about it they will be silenced after 10 seconds and life will go on and Sergeant Mark IV is free to do the next stupid thing without fear of any lasting negative backlash.
4. Sergeant Mark IV is a cunt, he will always be a cunt, and if he ever some how manages to find a significant other of equal cuntitude as to stand his cuntness, and have children with them, the resulting family would be the largest collection of cunts to ever exist.
Spoiler:
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Wow, lost all respect for Sarge now... :roll:
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Whoops scrolled back and saw this.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I have removed them from the main file because too many people were spamming them during online gameplay. They will make a comeback as an addon that can fit in the skins folder.
One of these days, dude, you need to stop making mutators and learn about cvars.
'Cause, seriously, cvars would change everything and would help you address every single criticism everyone has ever had about Brutal Doom while still keeping the old options available for fans.

People think there's too much blood? Make the blood amount a variable clientside cvar that spawns based off a multiplier! People can go for no blood at all, if they want!
People hate fatalities? Serverside cvar that gives a CanDoFatality dummy item and the fatalities check for that!
People want shorter fatalities? Clientside cvar that gives a dummy item that the death scene checks for!
People don't want to reload? Serverside cvar that cuts the reload check short!
People want the old voices or the new voices? Clientside cvar that checks for a definition string!
People want old sprites or new sprites? Have the frames call a "----" while a clientside cvar has you SetActorState that determines which spriteset you use!
People don't like demon runes/berserks dropping from enemies? Serverside cvar affecting their drop rate!
People want DM balance or coop balance? Serverside cvar that checks the GameType and gives coopmode/deathmatchmode dummy item which calls for different stats for the weapons!
People spamming oneliners? Have the taunts check for a dummy item that a serverside cvar can give or take away with a constant loop!

It's stupidly easy to set up cvars in ZDoom now, too, with CVARINFO. Or if you want to do in Zandronum:

Code: Select all

script 567 open
{
    if (!GetCVar("brutal_allowfatalities"))
        {   ConsoleCommand("set brutal_allowfatalities 0");
        ConsoleCommand("archivecvar brutal_allowfatalities"); }
}
DONE
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Tarnsman wrote:things
>doesn't like Sarge's recent behavior
>proceeds to go on an angry and insulting rant about how Sarge is "the biggest cunt in existence"

This is exactly the kind of shit that gets you a warning, as well as make you look like a massive hypocrite.
MetroidJunkie wrote:Not only is it not funny, it could very well be illegal. I read somewhere that, in many states atleast, encouraging someone to commit suicide if they actually go through with it is considered manslaughter. That being said, I think Weasel was acting appropriately since Mark didn't acknowledge the risk of the guy actually doing it.
This is very true.
Jimmy wrote:I must say I'm finding it quite ludicrous that so many people are standing up in defense of SgtMark's repeatedly and objectively dickish behavior.

Creating what you deem to be a great mod is no basis for being able to get away with murder. (I use that term idiomatically.)
I'm not, in fact, I've warned him SEVERAL times in the past to stop with his behavior.
wildweasel wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:he didn't seem to learn anything from the last two times he's rustled jimmies so hard.
Yeah, I learned something: People in this forum have an awfully limited and sugar coated sense of humor.
There are some things that should never, ever be joked about, and that happens to be one of them. I must make it clear that I am not happy that the discussion had to be continued in another thread, despite my locking the previous one.

While yes, my handling of Binary could probably have been more tasteful, I really must say that Mark should not have posted what he did, regardless of whether Binary was being serious or not. That sort of thing is absolutely not tolerated. A warning was already issued over it, but it seems like some of you think I was being too lenient there.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarge was permabanned within two weeks.

Sergeant Mark IV, PLEASE stop with your dickish behavior, or you are going to get kicked out of the Doom community faster than you can say "rip and tear."
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

recent behavior
He's been doing this for years now. Where have you been?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Ahh, Eric_
Now where did I put my popcorn...
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Look, there's no defending the shit Sarge has said here, but as a person who immensely enjoys the modding community here (this mod included), I simply do not see the point of extending, escalating, or spreading drama. The shit Sarge has said is wrong (in more ways than one), absolutely, and from what I've seen there's already been a backlash immediately following each instance. But after that, what the hell is the point of panning it out further?

Simply put, the time we spend further extending this crap is time we could be spending making cool shit.

But alas, that's just my two cents.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Mike12 wrote:But after that, what the hell is the point of panning it out further?
Yeah. Lets just ban him alltogether. I've done far less things than Sarge, yet still people want to see me banned.
Well, at least I didn't urge anyone to go fucking kill themself.
Tarnsman

Post by Tarnsman »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
Tarnsman wrote:things
Except this is not recent behavior, it's been going on for years and it will continue to go on because he will never be banned, because every time this happens he gets warned and then the second a major shitstorm of backlash rightfully comes it gets shutdown, he lays low for a month or two and then does the same shit all over again. The real life version of this would be him going up to someone and punching them and then having the police come in and break it up and then do nothing about it. Think about what kind of message that sends! It's happened over and over, and over, and over, and over again, why should we expect him to just suddenly stop and realize "hey maybe I shouldn't do *insert X here* and then pretend to be sorry about it and tell people to stop being jealous."

P.S. As for "Start a new thread"? Why so it can be locked for being "pointless and hateful"?

(No, because starting another thread about a subject that was previously locked by a moderator is kind of against the forum rules. Also, Tarnsman has been warned for a previous post in this thread, for the record.)
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
And... I got a new version up. Please everyone check if the floor and ceiling rocket and plasma decals are working correctly. Thanks for everyone reporting the bugs so far, but I will need an updated list of bugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7uca ... st8748.zip
Alright. Nice. And thanks for fixing guys not dodging revenant rockets! I LOVE watching cacos flea the rockets but still die. The rocket / plasma decals work well, but I noticed they don't appear for grenades.

GLITCHES:
*Assault rifle ends up removing 1 bullet from the ammo stockpile if the reload key is hit when there is a full clip
*Sights for both the rifle and shotgun are messed up (sprites are bellow where they should be, the iron sights don't seem fully zoomed in like v18, and the sight is bellow the cross-hair significantly
*Volume for the firing sound of the grenade launcher seems low compared to everything else
*Alt-fire for revenant rockets puts them away as if ammo is out.
*Punching is possible during a fatality, which can break them in all sorts of ways. This can be done by spamming the hard punch attack when a fatality start, and it will also move the player forward each time
*Decapitated (via headshot) revenant corpses do not drop their missle launchers when chainsawed.
*Revenant heads are indestructible, and thus can be kicked / shot around indefinitely.
*All brutal doom-skulltag weapons do not convert (bfg10k, railgun, grenade launcher.) They are still on old maps as the normal skulltag variants, which are not usable unless you have switch on pickup enabled. is it not possible to make those weapons convert into the brutal doom versions?
*kicks while effected by berserk still blow up barrels
*Kill message for kick always refers to the weapon out, rather than the kick itself.
*When coupled with skulltag actors / data, imp heads are...very, very weird, being unkickable, looking alive, and blocking the player despite being otherwise inanimate
*Imps summoned by the demon spitter final boss explode on spawn IF they see the player.
*Sawing a zombie man in half makes 1 very large sprite which looks like it should be 2 separate sprites. Very odd looking.
*Player is silent when he dies by losing an arm. Its VERY weird. Also applies to any death which used that scream. We miss that scream =(
*All of the following do not have the custom player colors (unsure if they can be applied but still): Monster vs player fatality animations, monster vs player fatality corpses, upper half of a player chain gunned apart.
*The new marines do significantly less damage with their rifles than the player does, it seems, but maybe its just me. The 3 round burst that the old style marines seems like it killed way faster than this newer and faster 4 round burst. Intentional?
*Cacodemons partially gibbed by a chaingun then die, cannot be gibbed further once dead.

SUGGESTIONS:
*Lower the consumption rate of the plasma flamer to 2, or at very least 2.5, similar how the revenant launcher was in v18. Players already need to compromise range (and safety) to use it, so it shouldn't feel entirely inferior to the bfg and normal plasma fire in terms of ammo consumption. 1 bfg shot easily does more damage than a full clip of plasma blazing, is safer to use for the player, and it only uses 40 ammo, and not 50. and while plasma bolts are a little slower to kill, they are much more efficient, and have higher range.
*Remove the "auto center" on punches. it doesn't really assist in aiming since misses wont hit to re-center anyway, and it really screws over people who want to use combos to their fullest. The auto-center makes it much harder to switch from punching 2 different guys mid combo, kind of ruining the idea of a brutal doom tyson run among other things. LOVE the combos, hate the auto centering
*Disabled AI marine friendly fire with grenades...its never fun to die cause your buddy smacked you in the head with a grenade.

On a side note, you guys really need to drop it, or make a new thread to whine in. What mark did in another thread, regardless of your opinion has nothing to do with brutal doom, and is off topic. Seriously, the derailing has gone on long enough, its getting pretty stupid.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

This thread is more on fire than hell itself. :?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”