Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Captain J »

i told it before, and now it goes way to harder and terribler.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

This thread is getting rather off-track(like it matters, even before this little spat started nothing notable was said for at least a page anyways), so it's time for a "Final Solution", as Mark so tactfully put it.

I supported him on the racist jokes and the real gore, but this is simply something I can't support, whether it turns out Binary was joking or not. I'm not going to stop playing Brutal Doom, that would just be silly, and I'm still eagerly awaiting .19 like everyone else who likes Brutal Doom. I'm not even going to hate Mark for this, I'm just... sorely disappointed that he didn't seem to learn anything from the last two times he's rustled jimmies so hard, although to be fair, this seems to be oddly the LEAST talked about thing he's done.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

- removed -
Last edited by Ghostbreed on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

twinkieman93 wrote:"I supported","I can't support"
:?
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

On an on-topic note Was the chaingun and stuff mike12 did temporarily removed? I like them alot id like to see him do a shotgun.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

twinkieman93 wrote:he didn't seem to learn anything from the last two times he's rustled jimmies so hard.
Yeah, I learned something: People in this forum have an awfully limited and sugar coated sense of humor.

Now, please let's get back on-topic before the cops Weasel decides to lock this thread. Xaser, you had absolutely no reason to post it here, just to start another argument for the sake of derailing the subject again. It's a shame to see someone like you boarding the Jelly Train.

DoomNukem wrote:On an on-topic note Was the chaingun and stuff mike12 did temporarily removed? I like them alot id like to see him do a shotgun.
No. They are removed permanently. Those new guns were derailing too much from the original design. I will make an addon that will re-introduce Mike12's minigun, and the modified Eriance's Rocket Launcher and Plasma Gun.

And... I got a new version up. Please everyone check if the floor and ceiling rocket and plasma decals are working correctly. Thanks for everyone reporting the bugs so far, but I will need an updated list of bugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7uca ... st8748.zip

One thing everyone is going to miss in this version is the one-liners. I was planning to do this many versions ago, I have removed them from the main file because too many people were spamming them during online gameplay. They will make a comeback as an addon that can fit in the skins folder.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:he didn't seem to learn anything from the last two times he's rustled jimmies so hard.
Yeah, I learned something: People in this forum have an awfully limited and sugar coated sense of humor.
There are some things that should never, ever be joked about, and that happens to be one of them. I must make it clear that I am not happy that the discussion had to be continued in another thread, despite my locking the previous one.

While yes, my handling of Binary could probably have been more tasteful, I really must say that Mark should not have posted what he did, regardless of whether Binary was being serious or not. That sort of thing is absolutely not tolerated. A warning was already issued over it, but it seems like some of you think I was being too lenient there.
ClonedPickle

Post by ClonedPickle »

Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

DoomNukem wrote:On an on-topic note Was the chaingun and stuff mike12 did temporarily removed? I like them alot id like to see him do a shotgun.
Thanks! And I do have a shotgun I've been tinkering with that would fit nicely with my minigun and Sarge's modified Eriance RL. With some time and motivation I might be bale to get it out in time for the addon.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

I must say I'm finding it quite ludicrous that so many people are standing up in defense of SgtMark's repeatedly and objectively dickish behavior.

Creating what you deem to be a great mod is no basis for being able to get away with murder. (I use that term idiomatically.)
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Not only is it not funny, it could very well be illegal. I read somewhere that, in many states atleast, encouraging someone to commit suicide if they actually go through with it is considered manslaughter. That being said, I think Weasel was acting appropriately since Mark didn't acknowledge the risk of the guy actually doing it.
Vampocalypse

Post by Vampocalypse »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I will make an addon that will re-introduce Mike12's minigun, and the modified Eriance's Rocket Launcher and Plasma Gun.
Sweet, I love having a choice.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:One thing everyone is going to miss in this version is the one-liners. I was planning to do this many versions ago,
I have removed them from the main file because too many people were spamming them during online gameplay.
They will make a comeback as an addon that can fit in the skins folder.
Super sweet, I love.. Wait I said that already.
Last edited by Vampocalypse on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
COD IS A DOOM CLONE

Post by COD IS A DOOM CLONE »

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND STAY ON TOPIC !!! :evil:
COD IS A DOOM CLONE

Post by COD IS A DOOM CLONE »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:

Now, please let's get back on-topic before the cops Weasel decides to lock this thread. Xaser, you had absolutely no reason to post it here, just to start another argument for the sake of derailing the subject again. It's a shame to see someone like you boarding the Jelly Train.

No. They are removed permanently. Those new guns were derailing too much from the original design. I will make an addon that will re-introduce Mike12's minigun, and the modified Eriance's Rocket Launcher and Plasma Gun.

And... I got a new version up. Please everyone check if the floor and ceiling rocket and plasma decals are working correctly. Thanks for everyone reporting the bugs so far, but I will need an updated list of bugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7uca ... st8748.zip

One thing everyone is going to miss in this version is the one-liners. I was planning to do this many versions ago, I have removed them from the main file because too many people were spamming them during online gameplay. They will make a comeback as an addon that can fit in the skins folder.
*cough* thought police *cough*
Tarnsman

Post by Tarnsman »

I find myself in a quandary, a conundrum if you will, vexed by one nagging question that I don't think I will ever be able to get an answer to. On the one hand we have Sergeant Mark IV's behavior towards which many would agree is not particularly kind, hateful words like 'racist' and 'fucktard' are often used to describe it. But then on the other hand we have Sergeant Mark IV's behavior when confronted with his less than amiable actions, which is barricade himself in his own delusional world and accuse everyone who is unhappy with his behavior of being "jealous" of his "success". And well you see, after much deliberation I honestly can't figure out which one of these makes Mark IV a bigger cunt and this is really bothering me. I guess I'll never know, but I do know four things that are true.

1. No one, ever, in the history of the world, has ever been jealous of Sergeant Mark IV.
2. If Sergeant Mark IV posts shit he knows will offend people, Sergeant Mark IV shouldn't act surprised and indignant when people start complaining about it, even if it doesn't offend him things like compassion and empathy exist and if Sergeant Mark IV wasn't a human pile of shit, he would realize that and think about how other people might feel about it before letting the "verbal" diarrhea spew forth from his mouth.
3. Zdoom's policy of instantly locking shit and sweeping it under the rug is detrimental to the community as a whole. Is the fact that Sergeant Mark IV is a horrible person relevant to the mod? No it's not, people might not want to play it or contribute to it as a result, but WW is right that it does have nothing to do with the topic, however because of this policy Sergeant Mark IV knows, and frequently exploits being the cunt that he is, that he can say whatever dumb shit he wants with no repercussions, as the second anyone tries to complain about it they will be silenced after 10 seconds and life will go on and Sergeant Mark IV is free to do the next stupid thing without fear of any lasting negative backlash.
4. Sergeant Mark IV is a cunt, he will always be a cunt, and if he ever some how manages to find a significant other of equal cuntitude as to stand his cuntness, and have children with them, the resulting family would be the largest collection of cunts to ever exist.

(If you wonder what post Tarnsman got warned for, it was this one.)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”