Crossfire ~ v0.81 (5/1/2019)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Crossfire - Alpha 7 (9/8) released | NG+ bonuses?

Post by rollingcrow »

chronoteeth wrote:if yer goin the MG route, more weapons would be rad for completionists. In fact it could in theory lead to stuff like warranting going through more than twice to get it all
I definitely want to. I'm open to what kind of requirements would be needed right now, though. Right now the only bonus weapon available is obtained from finishing calamity mode (new game plus or not). The only ones I have in mind right now is completing the game without leveling up and having a separate reward for going straight through calamity mode without a new game plus.
Marrub wrote:maybe more enemy variations
If you mean by default, then yes I might add more enemy variations (mainly for the lesser enemies though). If you mean while playing calamity mode then I have no clue how I would do it, since it'd probably involve replacing monsters with ACS.
Marrub wrote:Since mega-armor is rarer, shouldn't it give 2 health packs instead of one?
Could be worth changing, we'll see how it affects things.
Marrub wrote:There's a small capitalization error in the Typhoon's weapon tag, it's TYphoon instead of Typhoon.
How can you tell? All fonts that show weapon tags are capitalized. :P
Besides:

Code: Select all

Tag "Typhoon ST.88 assault rifle"
Captain J wrote:BTW, do you still have mind about changing ammo sprites with better angle?
I'm still looking for replacements. I won't revert to the Resident Evil Zero sprites I used in previous versions and I can't re-rip the Deus Ex: Human Revolution ones because I only own the game on a console.
Mav3rick

Re: [WIP] Crossfire - Alpha 7 (9/8) released

Post by Mav3rick »

JimmyJ wrote:The puff issue isn't related to your version, you need to go to display options and set bullet puff type to sprites. If it's particles you get the werid broken pistol puff.
thanks Jimmy it help ;)
Se7eNytes wrote:It's suppressed for stealth kills and has the fastest draw and reload times of the weapons, but that's it. Other guns beat it through damage output per magazine, doing full damage against enemies marked in yellow or red (Griever, Durandal, Rolling Thunder), or has better range (Typhoon, Durandal, charged Rolling Thunder). Which weapons are you finding less useful than the pistol?
well with the pistol you kill easy and most enemies die simple with the shotgun i need to be face to face to the weapon have full damage which is weird, so a clip of the pistol can kill a dog yet i need to shot 3 shotgun blast at close range to kill it? seems unbalance, unleast is something else i dont understand like "enemies marked in yellow or red" :P
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

@Poll: Oh yes, please do, replay value FTW! ^^
rollingcrow

Re: [WIP] Crossfire - Alpha 7 (9/8) released

Post by rollingcrow »

Mav3rick wrote: well with the pistol you kill easy and most enemies die simple with the shotgun i need to be face to face to the weapon have full damage which is weird, so a clip of the pistol can kill a dog yet i need to shot 3 shotgun blast at close range to kill it?
I suppose I could take a few points of damage off of it or maybe adjust the damage randomization of both weapons. I just wanted to avoid the pistol becoming useless after getting other weapons.
Mav3rick wrote:something else i dont understand like "enemies marked in yellow or red" :P
With perception level 1, you can see your target's health and what weapons they take less damage from by checking the color of their name.
Spoiler: White names mean they don't resist any weapons.
Spoiler: Yellow names mean they take less damage from the pistol, semi auto shotgun, and assault rifle.
Spoiler: Red names mean they have the resistance of yellow named enemies, but also ignore blast damage from the explosive shotgun and grenade launcher.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

if i complete this mod and playing as replay difficulty, does it possible to restart? if that's not true, i'll need to redownload this mod after i completed once.
even my friend has a modding problem like this.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Se7eNytes wrote:
Marrub wrote:maybe more enemy variations
If you mean by default, then yes I might add more enemy variations (mainly for the lesser enemies though). If you mean while playing calamity mode then I have no clue how I would do it, since it'd probably involve replacing monsters with ACS.
Yeah, I sure love me some enemy variations.
Se7eNytes wrote:
Marrub wrote:There's a small capitalization error in the Typhoon's weapon tag, it's TYphoon instead of Typhoon.
How can you tell? All fonts that show weapon tags are capitalized. :P
Besides:

Tag "Typhoon ST.88 assault rifle"
Oh, I have a font in my auto-load that adds capitalization, andmisread that im stuped in the automap I noticed that it said TYphoon. Might not be the same as the weapon tag (though you CAN use the weapon tag in SBARINFO)
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

Captain J wrote:if i complete this mod and playing as replay difficulty, does it possible to restart? if that's not true, i'll need to redownload this mod after i completed once.
even my friend has a modding problem like this.
If you mean as in play a normal new game then yes, through the menu. New game plus' difficulty only affects the save you beat the game with.
Marrub wrote:Oh, I have a font in my auto-load that adds capitalization, andmisread that im stuped in the automap I noticed that it said TYphoon. Might not be the same as the weapon tag (though you CAN use the weapon tag in SBARINFO)
But it already does use the weapon tag:

StatusBar Automap, ForceScaled
{
	DrawString SMALLFONT, White, WeaponTag, 390, 164, 0, Alignment(Right);
}
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Se7eNytes wrote:
Marrub wrote:Oh, I have a font in my auto-load that adds capitalization, andmisread that im stuped in the automap I noticed that it said TYphoon. Might not be the same as the weapon tag (though you CAN use the weapon tag in SBARINFO)
But it already does use the weapon tag:

StatusBar Automap, ForceScaled
{
	DrawString SMALLFONT, White, WeaponTag, 390, 164, 0, Alignment(Right);
}
That's very strange.
Spoiler:

oh the font doesn't actually add ys so it looks weird
I always figure things out after posting god damn
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

oh well, i'm so sorry about it was out explain, it was bit hard to type this as a english.

the main point what i wanted say; 'does this new game difficulty can be deleted by restarting or resetting the mod? if it's impossible, do i need to delete the whole game itself and re-download again to start a real fresh-new game?'

also, least you can using a cheat to shooting some screenies that includes ammos and stuffs.
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

Captain J wrote:the main point what i wanted say; 'does this new game difficulty can be deleted by restarting or resetting the mod? if it's impossible, do i need to delete the whole game itself and re-download again to start a real fresh-new game?'
A fresh new game can be started from the menu, new game plus only affect the save you beat the game with. No need to redownload or delete anything.
Captain J wrote:also, least you can using a cheat to shooting some screenies that includes ammos and stuffs.
What do you mean?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I noticed in the latest alpha that the standard GZDoom key bindings are still existent in game even though they are not visible. The main noticeable key is the "Use Item" key, if I press this, it will automatically use my experience on Agility. Kind of annoying, hope it gets fixed in the next alpha.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Valherran wrote:I noticed in the latest alpha that the standard GZDoom key bindings are still existent in game even though they are not visible. The main noticeable key is the "Use Item" key, if I press this, it will automatically use my experience on Agility. Kind of annoying, hope it gets fixed in the next alpha.
Those are leftover inventory items that level you up. Not sure why they're still in.
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

They're still needed for the perk menu "weapon," I just forgot to to remove the INVENTORY.INVBAR flag after taking the inventory keys out of the customize controls menu. Fixed.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Is there any chance you could remove that slight delay in between shots of the slot 3 weapon? Every time I try to fire it as fast as I can, it won't let me cus of the delay. :-(
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

Seems A_WeaponReady wasn't being called soon enough, fixed. However I was thinking of instead increasing this delay (or even making it a slow automatic weapon) and making its shots slightly more powerful instead. Thoughts on doing that over a rate of fire increase?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”