[WIP] The Trailblazer

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ArielBoss

Re: [WIP] The Trailblazer

Post by ArielBoss »

I'm not in a hurry to play Doom 4 (if you understand me :lol: ), this looks spectacular. Does the ID have knowledge that they did the best engine of all?
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

/me awaits release
Seriously, I'm lovin' this. All the overblown weaponry of PillowBlaster + all the great graphics from DoomNukem is gonna make for quite a gunplay mod.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

This looks completely sexy.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Will there be any monster replacements?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

only weapon replacements i think. because i never saw him about drawing monsters, and eriance's monsters should be work though.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gothic wrote:Got my pick to the best gameplay mod of this year, if gets released this year
Also, that minigun looks incredibly badass
This. Especially this - a pretty as fuck angled minigun.

This whole mod reeks of the badass. I wish I had DN's smexy weapon spriting skills.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Any idea on the Eeta?
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

DrMoney wrote:Will you guys be redoing the player 3rd person sprite? I know it's a minor thing but I've wanted to have that since I saw the original DoomNukem Brutal Weapons.

Also, are you taking suggestions for one-liners?
Yeah, i'll be doing a proper character sprite, probably similar to what's in my avatar :).
Captain J wrote:only weapon replacements i think. because i never saw him about drawing monsters, and eriance's monsters should be work though.
I will be doing some badguys eventually, they will not be demons most likely some human enemies maybe a couple of mech's and mutants depends how far I decide to take this, but they will probably actually come after the release, probably as a seperate addon. As for most intents and purposes this is mainly a weapon mod, anything else is a bonus.
xenoxols wrote:Any idea on the Eeta?
Dunno yet :p

a little while maybe a couple of months, I'm really not sure, most of this stuff was done during my winter break when I had literally 2 months of sitting around smoking cones and spriting where as im back at uni for another semester now so I have limited time to work on the actual mod itself but that being said I do have time, not to worry though as I'm nowhere near abandoning the project, and I've actually found a way of incorporating it into one of my classes, in a humorous way too.

So basically here's a rough storyboard animatic (done on post-it notes, this was a requirement otherwise I would've done some much nicer sketches for it) for a cinematic trailer I am making for the class project, they gave us alot of control over what we can do so I opted to do a cinematic trailer done with sprite art, think farcry 3: blood dragons cutscenes, they were my main source of inspiration.
Keep in mind its very rough, the voice acting is placeholder (the music too, unfortunately ), Marty Kirra will be producing some awesome voice work for the main character when I get around to sending off the finalised script.

So here it is, as I said, very rough but feel free to provide feedback and have a giggle or two, as my peers and I have :P.

Also updated the logo on the front page, will probably also add a more detailed write up of the backstory and adjust some of the information when I get around to it.
More will be revealed as things travel I guess.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

hey, still it does looks awesome even it's made out of papers! anyway human-like enemies also mechs? good...very VERY good!
eclipse
Operating System Version (Optional): where did the discord field go

Post by eclipse »

He actually kinda sounds like Rex "Power" Colt from FC3BD...Yay,I've always loved his voice
Anyways,this mod looks amazing,can't wait for the release. :)
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

DoomNukem wrote:
Typical White Male story there.

"My wife and unborn child has been killed (fridged) and I must avenge their deaths because dead women (read: Violence against Women) drive my story...." like we seen a millions times before....
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Jinal wrote:
DoomNukem wrote:
Typical White Male story there.

"My wife and unborn child has been killed (fridged) and I must avenge their deaths because dead women (read: Violence against Women) drive my story...." like we seen a millions times before....
It's a mod for a game where you play as a Space Marine that fights demons from hell. I'm not sure what you were expecting. I'm sure DoomNukem is more concerned about making a fun weapon mod than an award winning story (Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty cool you're having a story to go with this at all, DoomNukem). Also, why do you feel the need to point out "Violence against women"? I've seen Anita Sarkeesian's videos too, and I do largely agree with her, but I don't think DN here is a sexist or anything.

tl;dr: Unless you can offer more constructive criticism than "Typical White Male Story", just don't say anything at all.

I look forward to The Trailblazer, DoomNukem, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Jinal, I'm pretty sure I've warned you a few times in the past for posts like yours. There is pretty much no reason for you to pushing your agenda in, of all things, a weapon mod thread. Please don't continue to make posts like the one you've just made, and leave people the hell alone.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Jinal wrote: Typical White Male story there.

I'm legitimately curious as to why this is a problem for you. Is it a problem because it's just a common story? I can understand that, disregard the rest of this paragraph. Or, is it a problem because it's sexist, or racist? Well it's not, plain and simple. If the genders were swapped (husband and baby killed, must avenge their deaths because dead men drive my story), and/or the race was changed, would it be okay? Honestly it's kind of odd that one could find someone feeling indignation over the death of women as a bad thing. So what, we should just be like "OH NO A FAMILY MEMBER OF MINE WAS KILLED oh it was just the woman and the accident, nbd," right? Because that's how it sounds, which is bothersome. It just comes off as misplaced anger toward something not even understood past a superficial level.

Wanna know why it's done often? People can relate to it, male or female. When family members are murdered, damn skippy you're gonna be pissed. Doesn't matter the gender of who died or who is seeking vengeance because it's superficial in the grand scheme of the story. Of course this probably isn't going to make a difference in this little squabble... But hey, I like to bullshit every now and then. Gives me something to do today since I'm too dizzy to do much of anything else.

Oh, and it was pretty clear to me that the story video thing wasn't intended to be super serious and deep. Try not to read into it too much, lest you be schooled by those who are far better at it than yourself.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

the best part of the video is the "boom" of the gun XD nice work and is good that the mod have a history ;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”