Ghoul Station - Beta 1

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Ghoul Station - Beta 1

Post by Batandy »

Ghoul Station is a new experience based on Cutmanmike's Ghoul Forest, where you have to find 8 gas tanks while being chased by a Jitterskull (with a totally new look!)
It's a pretty hard map, expecially if you want to get 100% score: the only way to do it is to kill the Jitterskull and then pick up all the gas tanks and bring them to your truck.

Depending on the feedback,i may make additional maps with different ghouls and objectives!

It's currently not tested in multiplayer, but since this is a beta, i'm looking to improve it with your help!

Screenshots
Spoiler:
Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pdx52 ... ion_B1.pk3

Please enable the OPENGL rendering and brightmaps, the preferred source port is Zandronum, but it should work with GZDOOM and ZDOOM too

Credits

Code: Select all

Special thanks to

Cutmanmike

for creating the original Ghoul Forest and all its sequels!

Credits

Cutmanmike - Base concept, Jitterskull
DoomNukem - Original revolver sprite
Valve - L4d Truck

Props and item artists

Gothic
Dolphman
Lucario
Captain Awesome
Ceeb
Please let me know any problems, or things i should improve
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Ghoul Station - Beta 1

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Pretty cool! The revolver-shotgun is beautiful.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

This look very nice.Will play later today. :)
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Jitter: The Eight Gascans!

Pretty cool mod.
But I think you should've kept old Jitter.
Also, he gets stuck in the window.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

I like this, but it is supposed to be only 1 Ghoul in each map to be so hard to kill?

And a minor thing, when I opened the file with Slade3, there was a sound file with 16.4 MB of size, you really should convert that sound to ogg to remove the extra MBs from the file
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Love the atmosphere. However, the bad looping of the heartbeat track, where it stutters, annoys me a little.

The ghoul took many shots to kill, but he cannot move through thick trees, so he became a helpless target as I shot through at him.
mallo

Post by mallo »

I can't defeat him. He got more annoying than scary. :(

And I don't like his new design - I don't see his mouth jittering.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Looking good! Love the atmosphere and the textures. Impressed at how this manages to stay at 60 FPS despite the tree spite spammage. :P
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

I enjoyed playing it; it has a nice eerie atmosphere as well.

While I haven't been able to win it yet, it looks like it'll be fiendishly difficult to find all the gas cans with Jitterskull chasing you the whole time.
MONKET

Post by MONKET »

I loved the atmosphere, it was a very realistic area and was very well made. The weapon is also excellent and satisfying to use.

Jitterskull chasing the player the whole time, while it does add tension, makes it a helluva lot harder than it needs to be. I feel like it'd be a much scarier experience if you somehow spaced out the gas cans more and made it so Jitterskull drifted in and out of the world (possibly through silent teleportation after his HP reaches a certain level, or maybe just through a timer) rather than staying in the whole time. That way it keeps players on their toes and keeps the game suspenseful without making him annoying. Similarly you could utilize the heartbeat and make it play only when Jitter's in the world.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

This is quite scary haha gave me a bit of a fright when I picked up the first jerrycan and looked outside the window to see the jitterskull hahah, also really like the choice of weapon never seen a circuit judge in a game before, gave it a couple of touchups.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

god bless you, also new looks of the jitterskull!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

This has the potential of being a win when finished. :D

Return to “Levels”