DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
twinkieman93

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - Beta 2

Post by twinkieman93 »

This is the DoomRL Arsenal, not the DoomRL Total Conversion. Only the weapons and the mod system from DoomRL are contained within this wad. Some things were changed around to work better in Doom because while DoomRL draws heavy inspiration from Doom its mechanics are far, far different. You played DoomRL yourself, you should know this. And, all the weapons from DoomRL, if possible, will most likely be added. Just keep your pants on, buddy, Yholl's working on it.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Sorry for not being around for a while, I've been procrastinating like you wouldn't believe.
Gouanaco wrote:1) Health packs and stimpacks when picked up are used straight away.
In DoomRL (Org) you could store your healthpacks for when you needed them...
This would be awesome if you could add it into the 3D one :D
p.s also you need to do this for armour aswell.
While I have no plans for such a thing in the normal mod, if I end up making the expansion I have planned later on, one of the 3 new classes will be a Medic, who not only gets double effectiveness from healing items, but can carry around up to 5 Medikits to dispense for himself or his teammates.

A big armour update is coming eventually, I'm just not sure of the best way to handle it, given Doom's way of overwriting weaker armours based on durability rather than stats.
Gouanaco wrote:2)
Im not sure if im right... but i thought the Nano assembly produce ammo at a certain rate.... but in your DoomRL the weapons with the Nano assembly dont reload and dont use ammo?????? wouldnt it be better to be able to reload or maybe not but still the weapons should use ammo up..
Nanomachic weapons are basically infinite ammo. I think you're thinking of simply applying a Nano modpack to a weapon, which will cause it to slowly regen it's own ammo when held ready.
Gouanaco wrote:4)
Wheres the Combat knife!!! ??? :O this defiantly needs to be added lol :P
Yeah, it'll get added eventually, I'm just unsure as to what set of sprites to use, and how to go about that chainsword assembly...
Gouanaco wrote:Anyway im loving the wad!! :D
And i liked it so much i have started to make a Map Wad of the orginal DoomRL levels :D
(Even thought they are Random)

Heres the link to the wad: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6kYLi ... sp=sharing
Note*: That first map is not even complete if you like it so far ill upload the more better and progressed one. :D
Here's an idea for you, see what you think of it. When I went through that map, it gave me a feeling of both games, due to the layout and the fact that it was fully textured. What if you recreated the special level basic layouts, but brought them more in line with Doom with more detail, lighting and different sector heights? You could even look at the different random level types, and make some detailed maps based on those designs.

twinkieman93 wrote:Just keep your pants on, buddy, Yholl's working on it.
Heh. Mmm.

I should probably start making stuff again, shouldn't I? Yeah.
I reckon I'll try to make a bunch of new unique weapons for the next release, oh, and the Napalm Launcher. Remember, any of you got cool mechanics in mind for a unique weapon, I'll probably make it.
Gouanaco

Post by Gouanaco »

Okay yeah Yholl ill recreate the DoomRL maps for Doom.
I'll add some more detail while still keeping with DoomRL theme.

I have some ideas for new classes aswell...
its funny though my idea for the medic was the exact same as yours lol :D

well actually i only have one at the moment other than the Medic...
Demonologist: Demon Artifacts last 2x longer + (Higher crit chance [or just higher damage} --- because he knows where to hit in the weak spots)

Ideas for Uniques:

Tele-Gun: Teleports the monster to a random position on the map.
Stun-Gun: Stuns a monster
Vamp-Gun: Shoots a syringe that sucks the blood out of a monster healing your'self
OP-Gun: Empowers a monster making it 3x stronger, faster etc for 3-5 secs and then the monsters explodes from OP
Trap-Gun: Traps a monster for 1-3 secs
PlasmaWall-Gun: Creates a wall of plasma that stops enemies projectiles and movement
Dubstep-Gun: shoots Dubstep... (lol)
FlareGun: Shoots a flare into a monster that after 2-4 secs explodes into flame
Time-Gun: slows down time?
Quad-Shotgun: Shoots with 4 barrels

etc etc etc

yeh anyway goodluck with the mod/wad :D
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

The OP Gun is the most hilarious gun I've heard about in a long time. Kudos. The Telegun would also be possible, and easy, too. The Banishment Device in HeXen should already provide the code needed to accomplish the task. The Vampgun, though... Doomguy's not a vampire, as much as he enjoys spilling the blood of his enemies. So draining blood wouldn't work. Maybe draining their life force with some sort of demonic artifact weapon?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Gouanaco wrote:Demonologist: Demon Artifacts last 2x longer + (Higher crit chance [or just higher damage} --- because he knows where to hit in the weak spots)
Hmm, some variation on that could work for the 6th class... Hopefully by then I'll have more demonic weaponry and powerups though.
Gouanaco wrote:Tele-Gun: Teleports the monster to a random position on the map.
That's actually an exotic, the Combat Translocator, so that'll be in.
Gouanaco wrote:Stun-Gun: Stuns a monster
This is actually a unique, Charch's Null Pointer, which should be in the next version.
Gouanaco wrote:Vamp-Gun: Shoots a syringe that sucks the blood out of a monster healing your'self
Can't really do this, the life-steal thing is limited to melee attacks, besides, the Ripper already does this.
Gouanaco wrote:OP-Gun: Empowers a monster making it 3x stronger, faster etc for 3-5 secs and then the monsters explodes from OP
Trap-Gun: Traps a monster for 1-3 secs
FlareGun: Shoots a flare into a monster that after 2-4 secs explodes into flame
I can't really make weapons that need monsters altered to work. I'm specifically leaving the monsters untouched so that this mod can be run with most wads.
Gouanaco wrote:Time-Gun: slows down time?
Quad-Shotgun: Shoots with 4 barrels
Oh yeah, these will definitely be uniques. Not sure on what sprites I should use for the weird Timecannon though.
twinkieman93 wrote:The Telegun would also be possible, and easy, too. The Banishment Device in HeXen should already provide the code needed to accomplish the task.
Oh man, thanks for telling me about this! I never really played Hexen or Heretic much, so I have minimal knowledge of the artifacts powers. I can create a Combat Translocator with this! And then the High Power Combat Translocator, because it's too stupid for me not to.
Gouanaco

Post by Gouanaco »

Cool, thanks guys :D

So i've been working on the wad(Map) and added abit more details.
However the outside is still being constructed.

So far the progress is:

Start Area: 80%
Floor 1: 5%
Special Area(s): 0%

(Link For dl)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6kYLi ... sp=sharing

And yeh... that's about it.
I think its going to turn out great :D

Also for when you do do the health pickups:
in Hexen or was it Heretic.... anyway one of them you could pickup and store health vials... i guess u could use the scripts from those for your wad :D
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Yholl wrote: Not sure on what sprites I should use for the weird Timecannon though.
Something like an alarm clock with some cell pack sticked around? Or maybe a silver pocket clock! :)
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Keep in mind it doesn't truly transport someone to a completely random spot. Just to a random deathmatch spawn spot. So, it probably wouldn't work on maps that don't have any deathmatch spots added, but I feel like map makers add those anyways for compatibility's sake so that shouldn't be an issue.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:
Yholl wrote: Not sure on what sprites I should use for the weird Timecannon though.
Something like an alarm clock with some cell pack sticked around? Or maybe a silver pocket clock! :)
No, not silver. Blue. Because, you know. Castlevania. :D
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

twinkieman93 wrote:Keep in mind it doesn't truly transport someone to a completely random spot. Just to a random deathmatch spawn spot. So, it probably wouldn't work on maps that don't have any deathmatch spots added, but I feel like map makers add those anyways for compatibility's sake so that shouldn't be an issue.

...I wouldn't use the telegun on Memento Mori 2, then, if trying to kill all monsters. xD
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Gouanaco wrote:So i've been working on the wad(Map) and added abit more details.
However the outside is still being constructed.
Looking good, just make sure the wall textures have a bit more variation by the time you're finished. :)

I was worried for a moment, because the Banishment Device uses actions native to Hexen, but it seems to work fine in Doom, so I should be good to go there.
Gouanaco

Post by Gouanaco »

Okay here's some update on the map...
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6kYLi ... sp=sharing

I have almost finished everything except the last room and changing the wall textures to be abit more random and diverse.

Here's some more Unique ideas:

Glassgun: Shoots shards of glass.

Lightgun/Phaser: Shoots a powerful beam of light, lowers the light in the current sector (Basically, every time u shoot the gun the room gets darker) Doesn't use ammo except for absorbing the light in the room.

Plasma-Wall Gun +: Shoots a transparent wall to a ground surface, the wall doesnt block movement however it does block projectiles for a short time and it has a limited durability.
Note: Monsters and players can still pass through the plasma wall.... and the wall can only withstand about 3 cyber demon rocket blasts for about 10 secs. Can only have 1-3 walls active at any time.

Pin-Gun: Shoots a high powered pin.. that (if close to a wall) will pin an enemie to a wall for 3 secs. Does light damage... most damage is done afterwards when the monster cant move.

Demonic Fireball: Uses souls as ammo... shoots fireballs (Only use-able by the Demonologist)
etc

Barrel Gun: Spits out barrels...

Shard-Gun: Shoots shards of super heated metal.... (heh-UT)

Convert Gun: Converts an monster to fight for you for limited time.
or...
Chaos Gun: When an monster is hit by the projectile... it is aggro-ed against all of the enemies in the room... (Basically causing chaos and monster in-fighting)

Tool Gun: Locks doors by super heating them... hacks lights and sets off traps like opening doors from a distance or lowering platforms (from a distance) ONLY Usable by the technician.

Grenade: bleh
Landmine: bleh
Trap: bleh

Zdoom Gun: Only Usable by the Marine.... mega powerful.... untold mysteries surround this gun....

yep thats it for now :D
Keep up the good work XD and stay alive for the next map update :)
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

A lot of your weapon ideas seem to be based on the skills from Wrath of Cronos... namely the Chaos Gun, the Convert Gun, and the Plasma Wall Gun. Is this just a coincidence, or...?

Also, I'm pretty sure the Toolgun would be impossible to do without making an entirely new custom map set that ships with the mod that has ACS supporting the weapon. While that's entirely possible, it would also mean you can't use this with any other maps. That's kinda lame, seeing as how this is a weapons mod, and half the fun of weapon mods is mixing and matching them with different mapsets. And, of course, there's the issue of seriously sequence breaking maps by being to bypass key hunts and switch hunts.

The glass gun sounds pretty neat though. A glass cannon of a different sort, heh.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Gouanaco wrote:I have almost finished everything except the last room and changing the wall textures to be abit more random and diverse.
The level is quite awesome now, exactly what I was hoping for here. Although... I know you haven't finished with the wall textures, but please please please change the main wall textures on the base. It's driving me slowly crazy with almost every single bit of visible wall covered in the exact same damage and scorch marks. That texture should appear occaisonally, not everywhere. But yeah, apart from that, keep up the good work.
Gouanaco wrote:Here's some more Unique ideas
Sorry, to say, but some of these are kinda... meh, and the others simply can't be done, either within the confines of Zdoom, or based on what I have planned for this mod. Why would you want a gun that shoots glass shards instead of bullets? Most of these things would be exotics rather than uniques...

I do like the demon weapon that feeds off of light levels though, I just wish I could make it. Hmm... maybe if I just have it simulate the effect with negative gunflashes as it charges back up? OOOH I CAN! Thank you, Zdoom Wiki.
Now to find a good sprite for it...
Gouanaco

Post by Gouanaco »

Yeh lol most of the gun idea's are just random :D
And it's fine if you dont use em.

Awesome that your using the Light Gun :D
That was my fav idea!
Also no i didnt get those weapons ideas from Wrath Of Cronos... i just thought of them :shrugs:

Also i shall change the wall textures Yholl do not worry XD

Okay im off to go work on the map :)

- Gouanaco

Return to “Gameplay Mods”