[WIP]Hexen: Bane of the Shadow Riders

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ghostbreed

Re: [WIP]Hexen: Bane of the Shadow Riders

Post by Ghostbreed »

Love this so far
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I'll have a slight teaser pic ready for you before the end of today.
Last edited by Silentdarkness12 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silentdarkness12

Who among you has the strength and the fortitude to stand up against the will of The Dark Council?
Screenshot_Hexen_20130823_193055.JPG
Silentdarkness12

Rule regarding News Updates

Okay, a new thing i have in mind. Every Monday, assuming i'm not on Hiatus, i'll see if there's enough content made to be worth making a big screenshot dump(no more than 10). If not, then bleh, it waits another week. I'll still give text-based updates whenever i'm able.
Silentdarkness12

I'm looking at the weapon loadout for Bane of the Shadow Riders. It's good, but it should be better. If I took a crack at adding powered-up versions of all the weapons, which would sound better for the Fighter's Fists:

1. Time Slow: When using the Tome, the fighter's fists allow him to slow down time, and beat the enemy to pieces at high speed!

2. Shockwave Punch: The fighter's fists will create a super-powerful knockback via the Tome.

3. Super Defense Factor: Fighter gains defense power similar to if he had a full set of armor plus dragonskin bracers on!

4. SuperFist: Fiery fast punches of doom. Essentially just a bare minimum big damage boost.

Got a better idea, drop a comment! Poll included at the first post.
Silentdarkness12

Monday News Update:

No screenshot dump, i'm afraid. Not enough to bother with, not quite yet. But I do have a few pieces of general news.

-There will be at least two new enemies in Hub I: The Dark City
-Tyketto's Tome of Power!
-Slight modifications to the existing weapons.
-The Sapphire Wand is getting scrapped altogether. Dat sh*t be lame.

Dark City Main Hub (DCITH) Completion status: 33%
Silentdarkness12

Another quickie update:

Due to the initial response on the polls, i've put together the new version of the fighter's fists.
Scrapped the 1-2-THREE punch. Looked too silly. Instead it's constant punch, but it does somewhat more damage, making it useful for longer. Powered up version...well, I seem to be having trouble getting the knockback to work properly.
Silentdarkness12

Time for a fresh update.

Two things:

1. Progress on this will be far slower than I would like, because GZDoom Builder has gotten into the habit of randomly deleting an entire day's work. Why? Because REASONZ DAWG.

2. I recieved a PM, and i'm thinking that i'm not going to put this on ModDB quite yet. Don't feel like there's enough content in the demo to warrant that quite yet. When the next release comes out (Alpha, 3 Hubs), I will create a ModDB page for Hexen: Bane of the Shadow Riders.
Silentdarkness12

Thumbnail updated.

And have this too.
TITLEPIC.JPG
Silentdarkness12

Damn it all to hell. Slade doesn't want to let me access my files? That's okay. I didn't want to accomplish anything today anyways.

EDIT: Slumped has saved the day.
Silentdarkness12

It's THAT TIME.

MONDAY SCREENSHOT DUMP
Screenshot_Hexen_20130827_160843.JPG
Introducing the first new foe: The Crimson Disciple. He may lack the obvious charge of the Butcher, but if you don't pay attention, he's going to melt your face right off with demonic acid rain.
Screenshot_Hexen_20130826_141148.JPG
I have also decided to transfer over the Tome of Power from Heretic wholesale, unable to come up with something more inventive. Besides, it's Tyketto's Tome of Power! It's something symbolic of the Heretic Hexen series anyways.
Screenshot_Hexen_20130827_160855.JPG
And lastly, an early screenshot for the hub of the Dark City. Dudes on sticks and burning buildings and such.

Here's a progress report:

Hub I: The Dark City:
  • Dark City(Hub): 50%
    Clarion Pub: 50%
    Ettin Cave: 0%
    Dark City Vault: 0%
    Dark City Treasury: 0%
    Dark City Town Hall: 0%
    Dark City Necropolis: 0%
    Dark City Docks: 0%

Hub I overall completion: 20%~
Lastly, i've settled on what I want for the Fighter's Fists. Moving right on to Timon's Axe. New poll up there at the top.
Silentdarkness12

I find it extremely funny that the people who vote for "Something Else" really can't be bothered to come up with what that magical something else is. xD
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

For the powered up Timon's Axe, how about giving it a chain lightning strike? I.E. when you hit a monster in melee, the lightning can arc from the monster you hit to another monster (or multiple monsters) nearby. Could probably implement it as a splash damage effect if there's nothing that works for a fancier one (though there probably is). Have the no-mana mode work like the regular with-mana mode.

That's what I'd do if I was making a tomed version, anyway.
Silentdarkness12

There's going to be some ranged combat for the fighter. And green mana for the Hammer of Retribution may not always be available. If we're going with lightning, i'd rather it be shooting actual bolts of lightning, instead of some super duper chain lightning puff. That, and i'm not quite sure how i'd implement that atm. No mana = no axe. That's right, you'll actually want to think about how you use those tomed weapons ;D
Silentdarkness12

Sorry it's been so long, guys. Got caught up with a project for Amnesia. This project is not dead, I just took a break from things. There will be more updates, just a bit slower....man i'm tired...

Return to “Levels”