The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Post by Jimmy »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?
Because Heretic is more fun with guns than the stupid ineffective sticks it gives you. :P
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

PFFFFFFT, I don't care if it's Heretic, anything that PillowBlaster churns out is bound to be a thing to behold.
Last edited by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Come on, you're playing as Dragon Booker. I'm just hoping this gets out real soon.

Now all we need is a playable velociraptor with guns.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Was... Was that a shop? That said "Greetings mortal, are you ready to buy"?

Brilliant.
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

I like the aesthetic, and the gameplay looks awesome. Heretic doesn't get much love, looking forward to this!
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

XCVG wrote:I like the aesthetic, and the gameplay looks awesome. Heretic doesn't get much love, looking forward to this!
Yeah heretic don't get much attention, I Wonder why?
(Anyway, Glad to see something different and new\fresh)
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

It's very awesome to see this thing out in the light finally. Can't wait to see it polished up.
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

Well, now i got a very good reason to play heretic.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

thonglover wrote:
XCVG wrote:I like the aesthetic, and the gameplay looks awesome. Heretic doesn't get much love, looking forward to this!
Yeah heretic don't get much attention, I Wonder why?
(Anyway, Glad to see something different and new\fresh)
If I had to guess, it's probably something to do with the fewer number of textures, and thus the fewer number of decent maps made for Heretic. I can only think of a couple of good level WADs off the top of my head... having said that though, I would still like to give this a shot.
WeepnCurse

Post by WeepnCurse »

Russian Overkill but in Heretic with fancy magic, good stuff.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

As nice looking as this is, I have to ask if there's a quick select option for the spells. It looks like the radial menu slows the game down a bit too much, so you might want to consider it if you haven't already.

Otherwise awesome stuff, dude! :D
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Can't wait to spend some MP in this mod
Also, can these crows get charged with othere elemental spells so they could also burn/shock/corrode the enemies?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Thanks for all positive comments so far! (Non-positive too, but those seem to be amiss so far. Keep it up, lads!)
Jimmy wrote:
Ghastly_dragon wrote:Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?
Because Heretic is more fun with guns than the stupid ineffective sticks it gives you. :P
This. Simply this.

But in all seriousness, the spell-system requires only projectiles\effects, and getting HUD graphics for each new weapon... that'd be pretty hard to do, as there isn't as much fantasy stuff compared to the ones that fits Doom. That's why I went with gun-spell relation. Especially that I like this mix.

Also, special message to Zeke - GUNS! GUUUUUNS!!
Xaser wrote:Psychic Overkill. :P

Seriously looks good, though. Major ridiculous props for including acid a la Will Rock. :P
Awwww yiss, I am stealing ideas like a little sh-!... ahem, yeah. About Will Rock, that game sucks horribly, but the guns in it are epithome of awesomeness for me. Hence why I decided to give it a shot. :wink:
Snarboo wrote:As nice looking as this is, I have to ask if there's a quick select option for the spells. It looks like the radial menu slows the game down a bit too much, so you might want to consider it if you haven't already.

Otherwise awesome stuff, dude! :D
Of course I thought of implementing quick-selection already... the ugly part is that I have no idea how to do that effectively. The lack of access to weapon slot buttons kinda ruins whole thing, and can't figure out any other sensible method for that.

And thanks, I try to make it as awesome as I can!
Ikazu-san wrote:Can't wait to spend some MP in this mod
Also, can these crows get charged with othere elemental spells so they could also burn/shock/corrode the enemies?
Not sure how I could pull it off. That would probably require messing up the skill wheel system big time, so I guess a nope, sadly. :(

However, the tomed crows do some funny stuff!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

who the hell voices that dragon?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

PillowBlaster wrote:Of course I thought of implementing quick-selection already... the ugly part is that I have no idea how to do that effectively. The lack of access to weapon slot buttons kinda ruins whole thing, and can't figure out any other sensible method for that.
You might be able to get away with having inventory items that when selected toggle the appropriate spell, but that's not really any faster. I know you can create custom binds with KEYCONF, however, so that's another possible solution.

How many spells are there going to be, just the six in the trailer?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”