The Guncaster - 3.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

The Guncaster - 3.1

Postby PillowBlaster » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:54 pm

that's some overblown logo.

Latest version stuff.
Apply pressure on the left mouse button against this link for download!

Troubleshooting.
- This mod works under GZDoom, with a handful of games - Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife. Anything else is not guaranteed to work.
- Remember to bind stuff in the MOD CONTROLS at the main menu that you might find handy to make full use of what this mod has to offer.
-If there is something you don't like or might want to be tweaked, there's a highly likely chance you might find an option to tweak it in HERE BE DRAGONS menu.
- If you have a minimalist HUD and want the other one, press - or = on keyboard, or look into options, specifically look for screenblocks.
- If your HUD is too small, look into HUD scaling options. If the text is too small - message options.
- If the mod doesn't launch and you get errors, try newer, official versions or betas, they might help. For posterity's sake, current version of the mod was designed with 3.4.1 in mind, in case it'll break in years to come.

Minimal lore.
As the dimensional mess, caused by by the serpent riders started to take its toll, the universes began to crumble under the pressure of chaos sphere. Anomalies were a common bread, and things started to be really ugly. From one of the worlds which received such treatment comes the mod's protagonist - Cygnis Flaynithere. A bit crazed hero-wannabe, who's also far from being a human. A skillful gunslinger which actually hates magic, as it's the cause of all of the mess he was thrown into. Still, he doesn't mind using it to get the job done. What kind of job, you may ask? That'd be kicking D'Sparil's ass, of course!

Older stuff.
1.2 version
1.2 doom patch
alpha

Gallery of random stuff from the mod's development or around it.
Before you'd get a brilliant idea to salvage any of it for your own, evil deeds like a mod or edits, I guess It'd be really, really nice if I was asked first - just because it isn't used for now, it doesn't mean it's free to be pilfered. But since I know no one's gonna bother anyway, and you all are already drooling over those unused Longhorn variations or the Quadshot, please remember to credit DoomNukem if you'd use previous weapon sprites in any way. For anything else, just ask me.

Usage policy.
If you want to use the mod's contents or create something based on it, or anything like that - check the attached text file, or read it here.

Wanna support the creator?
Check out his Patreon cause all cool kids have a one these days, unless you wanna do a one time donation, you can do so via paypal.

Guide through mod contents in the spoiler right below:
Spoiler:

PSA.
How do I even launch this again?
The included .txt file has some explanations for that. Also, this page is your best friend in that regard.

Why the monster mods ain't working with this, yet they all seem to be normal. I want more challenge! Your other two mods allowed such!~
For some particular mechanics and stuff to work - I had to edit monsters here. I had a limited amount of features or knowledge to work with, so that prevents from adding any monster mods on top of that.

You keep using those words - "That got fixed." I don't think you think it means what it means.
When I say that, I don't mean that it already is fixed and that I uploaded fixed version. It means that it's fixed on my side. This is no open-sourced mod, you have to wait for the update.

I have this and this bug with the mod and it crashes! Plz fix!
...And I have no idea why this happens if it never happened in my life. Please provide a better disclosure of what you pair this mod with in those cases. I am not a guru that reads people's minds or loading sequences.

Okay, I have these addons there. Now fix it!
I am not responsible for third party addons to make things work with them, unless we speak map errors that are not heavily-scripted or modded by default. If the OG creator will be well within my reach, will want to cooperate and it will be worth it, as sometimes it may mean things becoming incredibly time-consuming and hard, if not downright impossible to deal with. If that's not the case, then we could possibly work things out. Otherwise, that's entirely on the user.

Getting weird errors while launching it here.
If you load the mod alone and it still does not want to work, you might want to update your gzdoom. If it still persists, then you might want to report things.

Videos.

Last edited by PillowBlaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 63 times in total.
PillowBlaster
Whatever.

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Postby Cardboard Marty » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:00 pm

This looks entirely way too awesome and I'm glad to be a part of it! Spectacular work as always!
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Postby Jinal » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Bioshock Infinite style Vigors I presume?
Jinal
Banned User

Postby Ribo Zurai » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:34 pm

No words needed, this is pure brillance at it's finest! :D
Ribo Zurai

Postby ArielBoss » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 pm

This gameplay looks amazing,we have some realize date?
ArielBoss
Back from the dead, just like Caleb

Postby Glaice » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 pm

What is the music used in the teaser video?
Glaice
Maps of Chaos/RDND/DVV Overseer

Discord: Glaice#8512

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Wow, so many awesome weapon packs have been announced lately, it's great!
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby Ghastly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?
Ghastly
Rather ghastly

Postby Eric_ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 pm

It's like some bizarre mixture of Russian Overkill and Psychic.

I love it.
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby Marrub » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 am

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?

They fit in a strange way. Think Army of Darkness.
Marrub
Secreta In Exile

Discord: Marrub#5455

Postby DoomNukem » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:13 am

finally a thread!, real awesome stuff, hadn't played heretic before giving this a burl and it's a heap of fun, the second menu needs to be a wee bit more intuitive as it took me a little while to figure out that I could navigate to a second menu.
DoomNukem
That messed up noise when you run over a cat, like stepping on a juice box.

Postby XutaWoo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:32 am

This reminds me of Psychic combined with Super Chicken.

This is an awesome thing.
XutaWoo
one day when going to see the rabbit, there was a previous visitor ...

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:08 am

Looks delicious.
Marisa Kirisame
heh

Discord: Marisa Kirisame#4689
Twitch ID: magusmarisa

Postby Xaser » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 am

Psychic Overkill. :P

Seriously looks good, though. Major ridiculous props for including acid a la Will Rock. :P
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Nightfall » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 pm

About time enemies actually die when I shoot them.
Nightfall

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods