"resurrected" Wolf3D project (gameplay video + music patch)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomstrife

Re: "resurrected" Wolf3D project (gameplay video, page 2)

Post by Doomstrife »

I tried the new version and its pretty damn good, but when I was doing a run through episode 2 level 3, I noticed part of the wall was missing. http://postimg.org/image/d6axq4yjl/
Just wanted to let you know
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Oh yeah, had forgotten about that one. Not much I can do about it I am afraid. The levels were done with a converter program (MapToWad) with only minor editing afterwards. I'm no level designer really so my knowledge and skills surrounding that area are basic to say the least. But I am pretty sure this is the only area with this bug.
Doomstrife

Post by Doomstrife »

Its not big Deal really, its all about the gameplay to me. One Small bug isn't really a big deal. I just wanted to post to let you know. Also I made sure I used the updated one. I can actually hear the lamps humm very low.(Pretty cool.) Slurping the water reminds me of duke 3d.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Doomstrife wrote:Its not big Deal really, its all about the gameplay to me. One Small bug isn't really a big deal. I just wanted to post to let you know. Also I made sure I used the updated one. I can actually hear the lamps humm very low.(Pretty cool.) Slurping the water reminds me of duke 3d.
True, true. Originally I had planned to have extensive ambiance throughout the levels, but this was scrapped for time and motivation reasons. As it stands now, the lamps and wells make sounds. As for the slurping water thing, apparently in the original Wolf3D you could drink blood from puddles on the floor when your health got to a certain percentage and below but I have never seen or experienced this myself. Could be a rumor. But this did give me the idea.
darkhaven3

Post by darkhaven3 »

CeeJay wrote:True, true. Originally I had planned to have extensive ambiance throughout the levels, but this was scrapped for time and motivation reasons. As it stands now, the lamps and wells make sounds. As for the slurping water thing, apparently in the original Wolf3D you could drink blood from puddles on the floor when your health got to a certain percentage and below but I have never seen or experienced this myself. Could be a rumor. But this did give me the idea.
It's true. If your health was below 4%, you could drink puddles of blood to regain 1% health

I played this mod and while it's good as far as Wolf3D-remake projects go, I have to say the music included is total garbage and really detracted from my experience. I replaced it with the 3DO soundtrack and had a pretty good time.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Here is an early work-in-progress of a new side-project I call WolfenDoom Reloaded:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mr2sokk98zjs77

It is an expansion to Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom levels (Original Missions) that aims to modernize it and add much more content without relying excessively on random spawners. It requires EDGE 1.35 or later and ORIGINAL.WAD (included).

Features (so far):

You get to actually fight the guard in the cell at the beginning of the game with only your fists.
Many enemy types and variations with more realistic appearance and voices.
Eight weapons with reloading, dual wielding and two that will occasionally overheat.
Improved and greatly expanded environmental/ambiance sounds
Heart-pounding and adrenalin-pumping soundtrack of CD-quality
Altered enemy behavior:

Enemies are faster, more trigger happy and do more damage than DOOM enemies.
Enemies will either stand around until they spot a target or wander around. Sort of like patrolling.
Enemies will not infight and will avoid hitting each other (still working on it), though this can happen by accident.
When enemies stand around they will make idle sounds, such as mumbling or whistling.

Enjoy!
southpark2010

Re: "resurrected" Wolf3D project (new possible project)

Post by southpark2010 »

I have to view this forum on my PS3 since my laptop broke down out of nowhere, but I really look forward to be playing this. It sounds interesting.
Doomstrife

Post by Doomstrife »

I wanted to try this wad out, so I did a short video showing the first level of the wad. To be honest its pretty cool. Looking forward to the full version.The kick reminds of me of brutal doom or duke3d.(Awesome).
Also I bought myself a 3do and cant wait to try wolfenstein on it. Not so much Doom cause of the framerate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5TT7tvoHPc
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Yeah, I believe Wolf3D was among the few good games on that system (though I could be wrong). The 3DO's were outrageously costly back in the day and I think you have to pay a pretty penny to get one in a working condition today.

Thanks for the video, mind if I link to it in a separate thread for the project?
Doomstrife

Post by Doomstrife »

Go for it
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

New gameplay footage of episode 2 (Operation: Eisenfaust) by DoomStrife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZRN9OOMxEI

EDIT:

I've got some complaints about the music (I totally agree with most of the criticism though) so I here is a "patch" that replaces the music with the original (OGG format). Does not include Spear of Destiny tracks. Just load the WAD after WOLFEDGE.WAD and you're good to go.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: "resurrected" Wolf3D project (gameplay video + music pat

Post by Captain J »

keep it work, and let us see how we did this to wad great.
NitroWolf

Post by NitroWolf »

Hello CeeJay
how to properly install and run it? http://www.mediafire.com/?2mr2sokk98zjs77
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

NitroWolf wrote:Hello CeeJay
how to properly install and run it? http://www.mediafire.com/?2mr2sokk98zjs77
you need edge 136 http://sourceforge.net/projects/edge2/f ... r/download & doom 2 i wad
NitroWolf

Post by NitroWolf »

armymen12002003 thank, will be a new version of the mod?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”