Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armyman12345

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Post by armyman12345 »

Jink565 wrote: Oh, and one last thing, it's about the Ophidian (Snake) in the Revennat placement. I think it would be better if you keep them in that placement now, because if you place them in the Arachnotron placement, then there's only one monster in that Revenant monster placement, and that is the Quadrumpus. Or what you could do, is do it like them, keep the Ophidians in the Revenant placement, but also place them in the Arachnotron placement as well, that way the Ophidians has two enemy placements, just like other monsters that has two enemy placements. But like i said in my previous post, you don't have to change the Ophidian placement if you don't want to.

Now that is all.
I put the undead warrior as the revenant replacement. So i will put the ophidians as the arachnotron replacement only.

Here's the new version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4pix ... v0.15a.pk3

CHANGES: Skull tag monsters added (except for the abaddon)

All of jinks suggestions (except for the two i mentioned in a other post)

Made barnacle wilhelm spawn in place of baron of hell

CREDITS: realm667 (skulltag monsters)

Jink565 (suggestions)

kinsie (duke nukem monsters)

EDIT: could somebody tell me how to make the st monsters zorch back to there home?
Jink565

Post by Jink565 »

Okay, I found more that needs fixing in their placement, or rather four monsters that needs removing in their placement, but also a monster that needs to be in a different placement and two monsters that i think need to switch placement. First, remove monsters in certain placement...

First two are from Doom.
WolfGuard in the Imp placement. He already has a placement. the Zombieman. Plus, it make more sense if he was in the Zombieman placement rather than the Imp placement.
Gargoyle (Hereticimp) in the Chaingunner (Chaingunguy) placement. Just like the Afrit in the Revenant Placement, it makes no sense.

These last two monsters are from Heretic, that needs removing from their placement, since they have their own placement.
Undead Warrior Ghost (Knightghost) in the Golem Ghost (mummyghost) placement
Sabreclaw (Clink) in the Weredragon (Beast) placement.

Okay, now for the monster that i think needs to change in their placement.
Nitro Golem Ghost (mummyleaderghost) in the Spectre placement. Why? Because first of all, it can shoot a projectile just like the Undead Warrior and second, there's another in the placement. Golem Ghost (mummyghost), and i can't tell if it's the normal melee one or the Nitro Golem one since they're both ghost and they're the same all except, one can shoot a projectile while the other one can't. I think it would be better if the Nitro Golem Ghost would go in the Chaingunner (Chaingunguy) placement. And why? because the Nitro Golem is in the Sergeant (Shotgunguy) placement, so it would make sense that if the Nitro Golem is in the Sergeant placement, the Nitro Golem Ghost would be in the Chaingunner placement. But please keep the Golem Ghost in the Spectre placement, Ok?

Oh, and I know that there's a Slaughtaur (centaurleader) in the Spectre placement too and i know that Slaughtaur can shoot a projectile too, but I think you should keep them in there. Why? Well, I can't think of a good placement for them, well actually, Slaughtaurs have another placement. it's the Arachnotron, but i don't think it's a good placement for them. Beside, the normal Centaur is in the Demon placement, so it's make sense until i can think of a good placement for them. I guess what i'm saying is that, either keep them in the Spectre placement, keep them in the Arachnotron placement, or place them in a different placement of what you think is good for them. It's up to you.

Now here are the two monsters that needs to switch in their placement. But you don't have to, if you don't want too.
Assault Captain in the sergeant placement and the Pigcop in the Imp placement. Why? because the Pigcop has a shotgun, that's why. But, what Untitled said all except it's Sergeant and Imp, If you have two variants of the same monster, Sergeant and Imp is not the go-to placement, since the Assault Trooper is in the Zombieman placement, the Assault Captain would go to the Sergeant placement, not the Imp placement. But I think it would make sense since pigcops have shotguns. But like i said, you don't have to change this, but I just thought it would make sense.

That's about all i can think of. Too bad D'Sparil can't join in unless by summoning him, because you can't fix the problem. But I think if you can't fix the problem, then just have D'Sparil and not his Serpent in this. But you're probably gonna say D'Sparil can't be complete without his Serpent. but that's just me.

Oh, and three more things. First, Are you gonna add the enemies/monsters from Spear of Destiny Mission packs into this like the original creators did with their Monster Mixer wad?
Two, when are you gonna finish the job Kinsie has started by continuing adding more Duke Nukem 3D Monsters, like the Battlelord (Big one, not the mini one, since it's already in it.) Overlord, Cycloid Emperor, Alien Queen, Protector Drone, Sentry Drone, & the Recon Patrol Vehicle (Pigcop in a flying vehicle). Probably the Protozoid Slimer too. I know he was also gonna put a few Duke Nukem advance monsters in it, but I was wondering if you were gonna put them as well.
and Three, what about the Marathon and Quake monsters?

Please respond to my questions and my suggestions when you can. I'm just wondering about those questions i ask to you.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, it's about the gargoyles (Hereticimp). They have another placement. The Imp. But now here's what I want you to do. Remove it in the Chaingunner placement like i said, but also switch placement between the normal and the Gargoyle Leader (Hereticimpleader). The Gargoyle in the Lost Soul placement and the Gargoyle Leader in the Imp placement. I think it makes more sense than having the Gargoyle in the Imp placement and the Gargoyle Leader in the Lost Soul placement, because Gargoyles can charge at you like the Lost Soul can, even though you won't get hurt by the charge from the Gargoyle, but they can still hurt you with their melee attack, and the Gargoyle Leader can shoot a fireball like the Imp can.

Anyways, That is all.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

armyman12345: What do you mean, you can't have the D'Sparil's battle continue? What happens when his first phase dies? Does the second refuse to get up?
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

NEW VERSION: http://www.mediafire.com/?g4pix9xh25g15a7

CHANGES: All of jinks suggestions except the pigcops and assault commander changes.
Untitled wrote:armyman12345: What do you mean, you can't have the D'Sparil's battle continue? What happens when his first phase dies? Does the second refuse to get up?
IF i would ever kill him, His death would kill everyone in the map.
Jink565 wrote: Oh, and three more things. First, Are you gonna add the enemies/monsters from Spear of Destiny Mission packs into this like the original creators did with their Monster Mixer wad?
Two, when are you gonna finish the job Kinsie has started by continuing adding more Duke Nukem 3D Monsters, like the Battlelord (Big one, not the mini one, since it's already in it.) Overlord, Cycloid Emperor, Alien Queen, Protector Drone, Sentry Drone, & the Recon Patrol Vehicle (Pigcop in a flying vehicle). Probably the Protozoid Slimer too. I know he was also gonna put a few Duke Nukem advance monsters in it, but I was wondering if you were gonna put them as well.
and Three, what about the Marathon and Quake monsters?

Please respond to my questions and my suggestions when you can. I'm just wondering about those questions i ask to you.
1. I need a resource wad with the enemies.
2.same above
3.Marathon, probably, Quake, same above.
Jink565

Post by Jink565 »

armyman12345 wrote:
1. I need a resource wad with the enemies.
2.same above
3.Marathon, probably, Quake, same above.
Well, If you want, I could give you the link for the Monster Mixer wad that has the Spear of Destiny Mission pack enemies in it. But note that the wad is for Zandronum only, and they are in the skulltag monsters placements. If you can somehow, make all of the Spear of destiny Mission pack enemies ZDoom compatible and put them in the doom monster placement, then it's all good.

As for Duke Nukem, could you ask Kinsie for help with the Duke Nukem monsters? If not, then there is this one Duke Nukem wad that has almost everything on it, but it is for Skulltag only. http://devilhunter.rfc1337.net/wads/Meg ... v1-19b.zip. and few things you need to know about this wad. One, the Protector Drone can shrink you and it's probably gonna be really hard to make all the character classes small if you get hit by their projectile attack. Two, the Alien Queen has her size shrunk a little and she doesn't have her attacks. and Three, there's no Overlord. There's also a Duke Nukem faction for ZDoom Wars, but it's a custom faction,the Alien Queen and the Protector Drone don't have their projectile attack like they did in Duke Nukem 3D, and the Overlord rockets and Assault Commander rocket are homing. There are plenty of Duke Nukem stuff in wads for Doom that you can find. Sure, it might take a long time, or a really long time just to find it, but once you found the wads that have resources for the Duke Nukem monsters that you are looking for, then it's no problem. But if you're looking for duke nukem monster stuff in wads for Doom and for ZDoom, then I don't know where except for Aeons of Death and probably ZDoom Wars because the only version of the Duke Nukem faction that is compatible that I try, is this one called NewDuke3DFactionV4.pk3, but you're gonna need ZDoomWars302_2.pk3 in order to play with that wad, because ZDoomWars302_2.pk3 is the only ZDoom compatible ZDoom Wars wad that I could find.

And as for Quake, the only wad that I found that has Quake monsters is Aeons of Death of course, but it's gonna take a very long time just to find the resources and the sprites because of alot stuff is on the wad. I don't know if there are any other Quake stuff in wads for Doom.

I think that's all.
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

Give me the link please. Also, I need to know how to make an enemy freeze/zorched. I copied the code from a enemy, but when i freeze/zorch a st enemy, the other monsters frame appears. Please help me on this.
President People

Post by President People »

Not to stop you from making stuff for Samsara, armyman, but a couple things:

Isn't this Kinsie's project? The only reason this thread has gotten this long is because you guys have been casting walls of text about improving Monster Mixer (not quite the focus of the project) for two pages. Kinsie hasn't posted much further than the first page.

And about Monster Mixer, did you get permission from Minasae and/or Shadowlink to edit their work and post it for the public to download? I also noticed they were not mentioned in the credits you posted a little while ago.
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

so I should make my own thread? Also I couldn't contact Minasae and/or Shadowlink.
Has kinsie abandoned this project?
Jink565

Post by Jink565 »

armyman12345 wrote:Give me the link please. Also, I need to know how to make an enemy freeze/zorched. I copied the code from a enemy, but when i freeze/zorch a st enemy, the other monsters frame appears. Please help me on this.
Ok. here it is. the Monster Mixer that has the Spear of Destiny Mission packs enemies. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12077541/Samsa ... v0.15c.pk3

Note that the Wolfenstein and the Spear of Destiny Mission Packs enemies have their clip sprites when they die in this wad, and remember, this wad is for Zandronum only.

As for the zorched/freeze thing, I'm sorry, but I can't help you there because I don't know how to myself.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

for the freeze thing, you:
1. give +NOICEDEATH to the monster.
2. Have a Death.Ice/Death.DukeIce state which calls A_GenericFreezeDeath/A_IceGuyDie.
We'll use the Imp as an example.

Code: Select all

Ice:
      Death.HexenIce:

Death.Ice:
        TNT1 A 0 A_GiveToTarget("KillCount",1)
        TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory("EnemyZorched",1)
        TNT1 A 0 A_NoBlocking
        //TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItem("ImpFrozen")
        TROO H 0 A_GenericFreezeDeath
        TROO H 70 A_UnsetSolid
        TROO H 0 A_IceGuyDie
        TROO H 1 A_IceGuyDie
        TNT1 A -1
        stop
For Zorching, you use a Death.Zorch state, which spawns the zorch effect and sets translucency to zero slowly. As I found out making Samsara/Stronghold, This is exactly as tedious as it looks. We'll use the Imp as example again.

Code: Select all

Death.ZorchPistol:

Death.Zorch:
      Death.ZorchKamikaze:
      Death.PhasingZorch:
      Death.ZorchSpectral:
        TNT1 A 0 A_GiveToTarget("KillCount",1)
        TROO H 0 A_Stop
        TNT1 A 0 A_ChangeFlag("DONTGIB",1)
        TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySoundEx("chex/zorch","soundslot5",0,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SpawnItem("ZorchEffectSmall")
        TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory("EnemyZorched",1)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.9,0)
        TROO H 0 A_Scream
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.8,0)
        TROO H 0 A_NoBlocking
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.7,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.6,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.5,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.4,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.3,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.2,0)
        TROO H 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.1,0)
        TNT1 A 1 A_SetTranslucent(1,0)
        TNT1 A -1
        stop

Raise:
        TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("EnemyZorched",1,"ZorchRaise")
        TROO ML 8
        TROO KJI 6
        goto See

ZorchRaise:
        TNT1 A 1 A_UnsetShootable
        TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("SpawnFire2")
        TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound("archvile/resummon")
        TNT1 A 1 A_TakeInventory("EnemyZorched",1)
        TNT1 A 0 A_SetTranslucent(0.1,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.2,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.3,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.4,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.5,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.6,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.7,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.8,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(0.9,0)
        TROO A 3 A_SetTranslucent(1,0)
        TROO A 1 A_SetShootable
        Goto See
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

What do i do if i want to make the belphegor freeze?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

You look at the post above yours.
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

I saw it but do i copy the code and paste it?
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

You do that, except you use the belphegor sprites and select the right zorch effect. That's literally it.
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

How do i select the right zorch effect for a monster?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”