[Request] Need Blood 2 The Chosen models converted

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LucasGodzilla

[Request] Need Blood 2 The Chosen models converted

Post by LucasGodzilla »

Could someone try to convert the Blood 2 Life Essence and Life Seed models, into a model format compatible with GZDoom? I thought the models in Blood 2 for those 2 items were pretty cool so could someone please do convert? :?
The models look lik this:
Life Essence

Life Seed

EDIT: Can someone also convert the innocents from Blood 2? All the varieties too please? Boy and Girl with animation.
Few Examples

Could someone also recreate the Blood 1 Innocents into 3D models, with corpses too? It would be nice to make a custom variety to them and it'd also be interesting to include a girl version too (but be sure to add rags around her privates, I don't like nudity). Buuuut this is a request, but both the Blood 2 innos and this would be nice.
Sprite sheet of Blood 1 Innos for example/base

This is all for an Unannounced project of mine that's a W.I.P. and I could use these models. Blood 2 Innos for civilians, and the requested 3D Blood 1 Innos are captured or tortured ones. :3:

EDIT

Ok this is my Main request, does anyone have ALL the weapon models from Blood 2 The Chosen including animation and the double weapons mode? I only need the models of the weps with animation so please? I really need them for my project. :(
Last edited by LucasGodzilla on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ghostbreed

Re: [Request] Blood 2 The Chosen Lise Essence and Seed model

Post by Ghostbreed »

I guess the Essence could be done quite easily. Without animations however.
The Seed on the other hand, the heart itself would be easy but the symbol beneath it would become weird in Doom's X and Y axis configurations.
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

Ghostbreed wrote:I guess the Essence could be done quite easily. Without animations however.
The Seed on the other hand, the heart itself would be easy but the symbol beneath it would become weird in Doom's X and Y axis configurations.
Well actually want it with animation.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

It should be able to work. I just remembered that the Megasphere is animated... Silly me.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

I've been able to convert the models, but I can't get the animations.
You have to use "abc23ds", a tool included with the LithTech Tools. Then you have to convert the DTX textures to PNG so you can use them in GZDoom.
EDIT: It appears that the UV maps get messed up, so I don't think I'll be able to get this properly without some UV mapping, which I am terrible at.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

The Zombie Killer wrote:I've been able to convert the models, but I can't get the animations.
You have to use "abc23ds", a tool included with the LithTech Tools. Then you have to convert the DTX textures to PNG so you can use them in GZDoom.
EDIT: It appears that the UV maps get messed up, so I don't think I'll be able to get this properly without some UV mapping, which I am terrible at.

-TZK
What's a UV map? Is it important? Oh and another question, what does the process you mentioned do? And one more thing, is it possible to make the animation work?
The Zombie Killer

Re: [Request] Need certain Blood 2 The Chosen models convert

@LucasGodzilla
A UV map is basically something that tells the engine where to put the texture on the model. So yes, it's important.
The process I mentioned converts Blood 2's 'ABC' model files into '3DS' model files using ABC23DS. Then I convert them from 3DS to MD3 with Noesis.
Then I have to convert the DTX textures to PNG with ConvIm.
You can't get animations though because 3DS files cannot contain animations.

To extract the model and texture files from Blood 2's rez files so you can convert them, you'll need to use WinRez LT Studio.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

The Zombie Killer wrote:@LucasGodzilla
A UV map is basically something that tells the engine where to put the texture on the model. So yes, it's important.
The process I mentioned converts Blood 2's 'ABC' model files into '3DS' model files using ABC23DS. Then I convert them from 3DS to MD3 with Noesis.
Then I have to convert the DTX textures to PNG with ConvIm.
You can't get animations though because 3DS files cannot contain animations.

To extract the model and texture files from Blood 2's rez files so you can convert them, you'll need to use WinRez LT Studio.

-TZK
Yaaa one problem about the extracting... I don't have Blood 2. But hang on, you said you can convert the models into voxels. It doesn't need a UV Map then?
The Zombie Killer

@LucasGodzilla
The program that converts them to voxels and vice versa (POLY2VOX) uses the UV map and texture to figure out how to colour the voxel.
The way the UV map currently is just makes the model appear to be completely red.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

The Zombie Killer wrote:@LucasGodzilla
The program that converts them to voxels and vice versa (POLY2VOX) uses the UV map and texture to figure out how to colour the voxel.
The way the UV map currently is just makes the model appear to be completely red.

-TZK
:bang: Okay... So how do you fix a UV map??? I wonder if some guy already did this... or someone know how to make sprites in voxels. Wait, how well do you voxelise sprites?
The Zombie Killer

I've been messing around, and it seems we may have a new source for models. I've been converting models from Transfusion 1.0.
It has models for all the weapons from the first Blood, and has models for the powerups you mentioned.
Spoiler:
-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

The Zombie Killer wrote:I've been messing around, and it seems we may have a new source for models. I've been converting models from Transfusion 1.0.
It has models for all the weapons from the first Blood, and has models for the powerups you mentioned.
Spoiler:
-TZK
Sooo you're saying that we could have a 3D version of my request, if that's so. then sweet, this'll go well with those quake models. I just hope they look as good as in the pics. You are sure it has ALL the weapons and pick ups
The Zombie Killer

@LucasGodzilla
Yes, it certainly has all of the weapons, and the two pickups you requested are certainly there. A lot of the other pickups appear to be there too.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

I took a closer look at the remake and well, the models are "bloody" good :lol: . But I am serious, the models are good, so send me a pm with the models please? Oh and does it include the akimbo version of the weapons?

Return to “Requests”