[Sounds, Graphics, Music, Voxels] Blood Resource Archive

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
The Zombie Killer

[Sounds, Graphics, Music, Voxels] Blood Resource Archive

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Retail Resources
This 124.87 MB file pretty much contains all of Blood's resources. I've converted all sounds, and extracted all graphics.
There's a half-assed and incomplete SNDINFO file there too. Here's a list of stuff included:

* Music (CBLOOD1.MID - CBLOOD10.MID, UNHOLY.MID, PESTIS.MID) (12 files)
* CD Music (blood02.ogg - blood09.ogg) (8 files)
* All of TILES000.ART - TILES017.ART data extracted into PNG format. Not yet named for Doom compatibility (4417 files total)
* All 64 voxels
* All 918 (convertable) sounds in wav format
* A few lumps (SNDINFO, CONVFAIL (sounds that couldn't be converted)) (2 files)

That's a whopping 5420 resources for you to use in your projects. (convfail isn't a resource so it's not included in that statistic, duh!)

Download

Misc info:
Most of you probably already know these things, but I certainly didn't:
There are sprites of Caleb's hand transforming into the beast hand
There are sprites of Caleb and a cultist (remnant from when Caleb's sprite was a cultist?) transforming into the beast
The pitchfork has unused bloodied sprites
There appears to be a sound of Caleb saying "Ahh, this is better than kool-aid" while he is in beast form (3014.WAV)

Alpha Resources
This 10.03 MB file has all the tiles and music from the Blood alpha. I would've converted the sounds, but they are nothing but .RAW files, they don't have the other required files to convert them.

Stuff:
* Music (BLOOD1.MID - BLOOD9.MID, BLOOD11.MID, BLOOD12.MID, DEMO1.MID, DEMO2.MID, EFANFARE.MID, INTRO.MID) (15 files)
* All of TILES000.art - TILES013.art data extracted into PNG format (3307 files)
That's 3322 files total

Misc info:
There is an Apogee logo in the tiles
There are Doom monster sprites in the tiles
There are Pitchfork sprites similar to the bloodied ones in retail, except these ones have flesh on them instead of blood
There is a more detailed cultist-to-beast morph in the tiles
There is a picture of some nude woman in the tiles

Download

-TZK
Last edited by The Zombie Killer on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Re: [Sounds, Graphics, Music, Voxels] Blood Resource Archive

Post by Gez »

Except for the SNDINFO and the CD music rips, there's nothing there that cannot be obtained by just opening the Blood archives in SLADE 3.
The Zombie Killer

@Gez
I guess, I just thought it'd make things easier if it was all pre-converted and organized into an archive.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

Wow, this is epic, some guy should recreate Blood into GZDoom with no extra modifications (Like with the million of modifications in ZBlood). But when someone does the recreation, use this cause VOXELS, is a main key to the looks of Blood
The Zombie Killer

@LucasGodzilla
The problem is, this isn't something you can do easily. You can't make the animations 100% accurate either, since Blood has 100 tics per second, while Doom has 35.

I think I'll make another archive that has the resources from the Blood Alpha too.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

The Zombie Killer wrote:@LucasGodzilla
The problem is, this isn't something you can do easily. You can't make the animations 100% accurate either, since Blood has 100 tics per second, while Doom has 35.

I think I'll make another archive that has the resources from the Blood Alpha too.

-TZK
Well it was only a thought. One question though, do the VOXELS work actually?
The Zombie Killer

Bump.
I've uploaded the alpha resource archive.

-TZK
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

just fanning through the alpha resources...you know theres doom sprites in there???

tiles009_21
tiles009_22-27

are doom monster sprites!
The Zombie Killer

@Virtue
Yep, it must be a leftover from when they were probably using Doom's sprites before they made their own.

-TZK
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

Could you add the Blood Alpha HUD as shown here?

MONKET

Post by MONKET »

You can download Audacity for free to process the raw sound files for the alpha. In my experience with the retail blood, the sound files either use the frequency 11025 or 22150 and unsigned 8-bit. I'd contribute, except I'm having trouble finding the .raw files themselves. I've opened the main .rff in both XWE and Slade but it turns up empty.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Blood's sounds are made of two separate lumps: the raw data, and some separate metadata in a .sfx file which indicates things like sample rate. If you want SLADE to read them, select the .sfx. You can convert them to .wav from there.

Also, you probably need a development build. 3.0.2 was so long ago I forgot what it had and had not.
The Zombie Killer

@MONKET
I've used Audacity before but I was never good at importing raw sound data, it always sounded weird. I'll try it with the settings you mentioned.

@Gez
I am aware of that, that's how I converted the retail sounds. The problem is that the alpha doesn't have .sfx files for the sounds.

-TZK
albiongeck

Post by albiongeck »

MONKET wrote:You can download Audacity for free to process the raw sound files for the alpha.
Thank you! I have some raw sound resources around and was looking for an easy way of checking them out without writing headers.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

There's a bunch of different sharewares and a beta too.If I remember correctly, all of these different versions have some art/sound differences.

Return to “Resources”