More random mods

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
void

More random mods

Post by void »

Here's 2 more mods that I've made..

The BFG Series - A mod that has every BFG weapon that led up to the BFG 9000, along with some experimental versions.
BFG 1000 through 9000, and other versions like the beta version of the BFG9000, and the BFG10000 from skulltag.. The mod
comes with a text file explaining which each gun does in detail. I'm sure there aren't actually any real "older versions" of
the bfg in the development of the game, this was just something I wanted to make.

Looty Doom - Inspired from all the zombie-survival games like "The last of us", and "The walking dead", it's a version of doom
where all the ammo pickups are randomized.. Sometimes you'll only find 2 shotgun shells, sometimes you'll find none. Same
with all other types of ammo.. This makes the game a bit more realistic and makes the player conserve his ammo and think
about what he needs to use to kill the next demons ahead.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/pJEsuJW9/Voids_Mods.html

I still have plenty of ideas in the pipeline so expect to see more of my work sometime again.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: More random mods

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

The mods sound awesome but can you upload the mods to somewhere like mediafire? I don't want to have to create an account just to download your mod.
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

void, there can be only one.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

iVoid wrote:void, there can be only one.
You know, he's been around for some time longer than you, judging from his joined date.
void

Post by void »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:The mods sound awesome but can you upload the mods to somewhere like mediafire? I don't want to have to create an account just to download your mod.
Sorry about that, I keep forgetting mediafire exists, yet I use thier links all the time..

I'll make sure to use mediafire from now on, I'll keep a reminder around so I don't forget.

Plus 4shared/2shared are really confusing and they have fake download buttons all over the page.. Idiots..

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbf9pldswu43j4r

Here you go.
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

wildweasel wrote:
iVoid wrote:void, there can be only one.
You know, he's been around for some time longer than you, judging from his joined date.
I was just kidding.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

lame ass download link. ill play this when you figure out how to upload and post pix.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

doomer1 wrote:lame ass download link. ill play this when you figure out how to upload and post pix.
I'm sure more people than I would appreciate a bit more politeness about stuff like this. So download links don't always work for everybody. Since we don't have an easy file sharing service specifically for Doom stuff at the moment, I'd advise a little more patience and maybe a little less passive-aggression.
void

Post by void »

doomer1 wrote:lame ass download link. ill play this when you figure out how to upload and post pix.
I was told to use mediafire..

Is there an even better upload site out there I should be using? Or should I make multiple links from now on,
using mediafire for some, and some other more-compatible link for people who can't use mediafire?

Also, I always considered showing pictures to be something for more of a large-scale mod.. Besides,
my mods mostly involve changing the game mechanics, which is a little hard to show on pictures.

I included a FAQ text file with the zip though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”