Marine's Arsenal v1.0!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomedDoomer

Marine's Arsenal v1.0!

Post by DoomedDoomer »

So, you get bored of fragging cyberdemons with your fists, well have a shot at this.

NEW WEAPONS.
NEW MONSTERS.
NEW ITEMS.
NEW DOOM...

List of features:
-Compatible with PWADS! :shock:
-Is fun and will add up to any players collection! :shock:
-Easily modifiable. And you are encouraged to use it as a base for your own mod, or even add, remove from it or enhance it. so, this is intended to be modder friendly!
-Is aimed to be nearly a total-conversion without using new maps or textures. :|
-New bobbing style. From the doom alpha :D
-Uses the top rated stuff on realm667. not the boring stuff. This will be better than you will think for a realm667 compilation. :P
-More features come with the new releases 8-)

Current Progress
(0/100) as i said, its wip! :blergh:

Coming late today or tommorow.
I sent it to moddb and found a pic on the web from a doom blog and it was perfect for the mod.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0BH65QG ... e=youtu.be

Download:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/down ... es-arsenal
Last edited by DoomedDoomer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP]Marine's Arsenal

Post by wildweasel »

Please include screenshots, video, or a download link for new project threads. If all you have is an idea for a project and nothing else, the Project Ideas thread is where stuff like this needs to go instead.
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

wildweasel wrote:Please include screenshots, video, or a download link for new project threads. If all you have is an idea for a project and nothing else, the Project Ideas thread is where stuff like this needs to go instead.
I will get to posting a youtube video of it. but i dont have fraps and all i have is bandicam so when you see it, there will be a watermark. its at the top-center co it is easily ignorable
albiongeck

Post by albiongeck »

You can take screenshots in ZDoom using the Print Screen key. Where they are saved will depend on your operating system.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Screenshot
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

Uploading video now. it was a large file so wait a few hours. it is still a wip however.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

DoomedDoomer wrote:Uploading video now. it was a large file so wait a few hours. it is still a wip however.
I was going to give you 24 hours, as per the Projects rules, so that seems manageable.
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

wildweasel wrote:
DoomedDoomer wrote:Uploading video now. it was a large file so wait a few hours. it is still a wip however.
I was going to give you 24 hours, as per the Projects rules, so that seems manageable.
Good. Now next time i will remember to post the youtube vid first. then post the download link.
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

wildweasel wrote:
Video is up! Prepare for the awesome mod of mine.
magmus

Re: [WIP]Marine's Arsenal [NOW INCLUDES VIDEO!]

Post by magmus »

Nice looking mod! I've always wanted something like this to add with other wads, AEoD was absolutely amazing but had a bit too much for some mods I wanted to combine it with, but this looks perfect.
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

magmus wrote:Nice looking mod! I've always wanted something like this to add with other wads, AEoD was absolutely amazing but had a bit too much for some mods I wanted to combine it with, but this looks perfect.
Thanks, Magmus! i spent some time on this and i wanted you all to enjoy what i call "Marine's Arsenal."

I will be uploading a download link as soon as possible.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

So is this just a Realm667 resources compilation, or will you change it past WIP stages? It looks like you only switched the weapons.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Any particular reason why we would want to play this and not Scalliano's 667 Shuffle?
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

Bitterman wrote:So is this just a Realm667 resources compilation, or will you change it past WIP stages? It looks like you only switched the weapons.
In the DECORATE code, there is code for monsters. but it is unfunctional until i figure out how to fix it. :twisted: this is a compilation of resources.
But what i did was searched for the top rated stuff. 8-)

The lowest rated thing i picked up was...The pistol with a rating of 3.08.

My rules for making this was...

Rule #1 - Make sure the content was rated higher than 3.00 :wink:
Rule #2 - That It could be modder friendly so modders could make and enhanced version of this. :mrgreen:
Rule #3 - Make sure they were fun balenced weapons for singleplayer. not multiplayer because gzdoom does not even support mutilplayer :shock:
DoomedDoomer

Post by DoomedDoomer »

wildweasel wrote:Any particular reason why we would want to play this and not Scalliano's 667 Shuffle?
What on earth is Scalliano's 667 Shuffle.

Besides, A reason is that what ever Scalliano's 667 Shuffle is it must be pretty much the same thing but with different stuff.

But soon, I will do a project called...Weapon's of Doom.
That combines the latest version of the Weapons Resource Wad and Realm667 to make a wad that, well sounds boring but i will fix it and make it better.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

DoomedDoomer wrote:What on earth is Scalliano's 667 Shuffle.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24974

Return to “Gameplay Mods”