Ultimate Western conversion (beta #3)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Ultimate Western conversion (beta #3)

Post by CeeJay »

Currently working on an update/enhancement of the Bastards/Bastardos game, it is coming along nicely despite the many flaws and errors in the levels themselves. My goal is to make it the most complete western conversion for Doom, which is probably not that hard since there aren't that many out there. It will certainly have spaghetti western influences and humor along with a bucket load of blood, guts and gore (though nowhere near Brutal Doom status).

For the moment it is being developed for 3DGE (EDGE 1.36) but I probably will be doing a ZDoom version as well.

screenshots:
Spoiler:
The weapons are almost done, say for a few tweaks and such. They are as follows

1. Fists
1. Big blade
2. Revolver (primary and secondary attacks)
2. Dual revolvers
3. Winchester rifle (primary and secondary attacks)
4. Sawed-off shotgun (single-barreled)
5. Double-barreled shotgun
6. Sticks o' dynamite (primary and secondary attacks)
*7. Gatling gun (primary and secondary attacks)
8. ? (a BFG replacement)

* the player can not walk around with this weapon selected

Also there will be a few new enemies introduced along with some other surprises.

Coming when it's done.

First public beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?x4uvumumsnl76n1

You will need EDGE 1.36 (3DGE) and you need to load both WADs (in which order should not matter).

Keep in mind that this is far from finished, but I feel it is enough to show off.

Enjoy, any feedback would be appreciated.
Last edited by CeeJay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
ArielBoss

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by ArielBoss »

Looks pretty interesting, and I found this really cool replace the zombies. Very well thought this slap attack from pistol, since a long time I hope to see someone put a fast shooting in a pistol.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

That is great!I know it will be a good one.Best of luck with it! 8-)
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Nice, also are you gonna adding more levels?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

armymen12002003 wrote:Nice, also are you gonna adding more levels?
Level design has never really been my thing i'm afraid, but if anyone would feel like contributing a map or two they are more than welcome to do so.
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

EDGE? Seriously? Wow, no offense but I really don't think any human being alive uses EDGE anymore.
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tristan885 »

Wow, nice! Looking forward to this! :D
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Like that revolver "fanning" attack.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

sounds cool. but i hope you're don't using that gatling gun sprite.
because that drawn style is tottaly different which doom palette with outlaws paletee, or you'll need to shade it if that's possible though. and i think you're gonna add a enemy sounds from outlaws too. that would be fun and cool game play.

anyway awesome machete swing there.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Does anyone have or know where there is a set of generic human screams (for when killed), I know i've come across a few but I can't for the life of me remember any now. Thank you.
Captain J wrote:sounds cool. but i hope you're don't using that gatling gun sprite.
because that drawn style is tottaly different which doom palette with outlaws paletee, or you'll need to shade it if that's possible though.
I know, but there is no other Gatling gun sprite that i am aware of. The many chaingun sprites out there would not pass off as a Gatling gun, they look futuristic and usually have only six barrels.
Captain J wrote: and i think you're gonna add a enemy sounds from outlaws too. that would be fun and cool game play.
Actually I wanted to try and stay clear from using resources from Outlaws but if people like them, then perhaps i'll use 'em.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i just googled lil bit, but man. even google had a no resources about screaming sound effects. so i just ripped some male's screams from postal series for you;
http://www.mediafire.com/?wh7xsq3quyu4zx5
at least outlaw got some scream sounds too. most easy way to found those outlaw's voice pack is opening the reelism with slade. that mod got a outlaw enemies, also really fun game.

anyway i'm unterstood about there's no gatling gun sprites. if you don't have any skills to shade that gun, how about game model rips? from other westren style games. also maxim gun should be working too. it's barrel like slim and don't need to draw 8 barrels too, just one barrel.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Captain J wrote:i just googled lil bit, but man. even google had a no resources about screaming sound effects. so i just ripped some male's screams from postal series for you;
http://www.mediafire.com/?wh7xsq3quyu4zx5
I get a "file blocked for violation"
Captain J wrote:at least outlaw got some scream sounds too. most easy way to found those outlaw's voice pack is opening the reelism with slade. that mod got a outlaw enemies, also really fun game.
I know how to rip Outlaws, was considering at one point using the enemies from the game all together since there is a large supply of them but they just don't fit with the Doom style.
Captain J wrote:anyway i'm unterstood about there's no gatling gun sprites. if you don't have any skills to shade that gun, how about game model rips? from other westren style games. also maxim gun should be working too. it's barrel like slim and don't need to draw 8 barrels too, just one barrel.
I would go for anything provided it doesn't look like a half-baked model-rip as that would look ever more out of place. I'd prefer a typical 8-12 barreled Gatling gun as that just looks more bad ass.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

CeeJay wrote:I get a "file blocked for violation"
what do you mean? does you're using a some vaccine program? because it doesn't happen to me.

i'm using a firefox with clear state. if that's not working, those screams are from wad called doom vercetti. and you said you can rip'em up, so here's the source.
perhabs about gatling gun, least you can request for change that cartoony style drawn gatling gun into classic doom style palette.

maybe some voices you pick are from westren or not, if some voices got a charm, that would be fine.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well I do have a set of those famous Wilhelm screams (can't have a western without those :D ), but there is only three of them so I wanted other screams also for variation since the majority of enemies you'll encounter are humans.
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tristan885 »

I can rip the enemies sounds of Outlaws if you want, since I got the proper tools for that.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”