[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Pixel_Crusher

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.9

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

Awesome job as usual Blue Shadow. Is there a way to disable/remove the HUD's version from HUD while playing?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

While playing, no. But you can do that by opening the SBARINFO file and commenting out these two lines (they are at the beginning of the file):

Code: Select all

drawimage "H_BGHUDV", -54 + center, 2; // Background
  Alpha 0.5 { drawstring NCCONFNT, White, "NC HUD v1.9", 1 + center, 7, 0, alignment(center); }
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

Oh awesome, thanks for the updates :D
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.10

Post by Blue Shadow »

The HUD has been updated to version 1.10 with a small change.
Caveira

Post by Caveira »

Blue Shadow wrote:The HUD has been updated to version 1.10 with a small change.

By the way, my small layout suggestion:

Image or Image

Image ... Image (don't know if possible).

Last edited by Caveira on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

The ultimate approval
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Caveira wrote:By the way, my small layout suggestion
I'm sorry, but I'm not currently interested in making big changes to the layout or look of the HUD - I like it the way it is right now. However, the HUD and its assets are free for anyone to use as a base for modification. So if you want, you can do these ideas yourself, and share the results with everyone else. I'm totally fine with that.
Caveira

Post by Caveira »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Caveira wrote:By the way, my small layout suggestion
I'm sorry, but I'm not currently interested in making big changes to the layout or look of the HUD - I like it the way it is right now. However, the HUD and its assets are free for anyone to use as a base for modification. So if you want, you can do these ideas yourself, and share the results with everyone else. I'm totally fine with that.
Thanks. But I just create levels, man. Don't know shit about coding, noob level here. Image

By the way, know where I can find some instructions to start doing that? Image
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Caveira wrote:By the way, know where I can find some instructions to start doing that?
First of all, could you please stop putting these image macros or whatever they're called in your posts? - they're annoying.

Second of all, I don't have a tutorial handy on how to create or edit status bars and HUDs (personllay, I never used one). For simple HUDs, [wiki]SBARINFO[/wiki] is all you need code-wise. If you're looking for examples on how SBARINFO is used, you can look inside zdoom.pk3. There is a directory called sbarinfo. Inside of it, you'll find SBARINFO definitions for Doom, Heretic, and Hexen. Also, you've got my HUD as another example.
DrMoney

Post by DrMoney »

Is it just me or is the ammo count not working with Brutal?
BloodyAcid

Post by BloodyAcid »

Just wondering, but isn't v1.9 ahead of development than 1.10? I know that 10 > 9, but as a version, it seems like 1.10 is a rewrite of 1.1, rather than as the successor to 1.9

Looks nice nonetheless, and I can see myself using this in the future.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

You can write x.10 just fine. After that however, I think you should increase x.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

DrMoney wrote:Is it just me or is the ammo count not working with Brutal?
I, previously in the thread wrote:... without making some modifications by the end-user (i.e., you), the HUD won't work out of the box with mods that modify/add to the player's arsenal (weapons, ammo and armor). If there was a way to seamlessly make it work with them while keeping the same current presentation, then I would've done it. But sadly, there isn't. So you have to make the necessary adjustments yourself.

However, if you don't know how, or don't want to bother with doing all that stuff, then you're in luck! Because blackfish has made a version of this HUD that can be used with Brutal Doom. Check it out here.
Note that the download link for the HUD on that page is currently down, in which case try asking for a re-upload here (don't bump that HUD's thread just for that).
BloodyAcid wrote:Just wondering, but isn't v1.9 ahead of development than 1.10? I know that 10 > 9, but as a version, it seems like 1.10 is a rewrite of 1.1, rather than as the successor to 1.9
It's more of a revision system than anything else. So it'll go on like this: 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, ..., 1.10000 (if I have to :P ), etc...

Anyways, that doesn't completely matter.
DrMoney

Post by DrMoney »

Oh sorry, my last version must have been from him then.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

I really must update my modified version to the latest 1.10, I think the last time I did anything was way back at 1.3

Thanks for the frequent updates though :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”