DRD Team File Sharing (Better than Rapidshare!)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Gez

Re: DRD Team File Sharing (Better than Rapidshare!)

Post by Gez »

That includes everything on drdteam.org, yes. files., svn., forum., the hosted sites like paul. or bhsland., and the rest. They're getting transferred to MancuNET. Note that the URL will not change; but the servers do. So while the data is being moved from the expensive data center where Eruanna had hosted them to those in mancubus II's care, nothing is available; but once it's set up in its new home and the DNS have finished propagating, there should be no apparent changes.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Good to know. Cheers.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Gez wrote:That includes everything on drdteam.org, yes. files., svn., forum., the hosted sites like paul. or bhsland., and the rest. They're getting transferred to MancuNET. Note that the URL will not change; but the servers do. So while the data is being moved from the expensive data center where Eruanna had hosted them to those in mancubus II's care, nothing is available; but once it's set up in its new home and the DNS have finished propagating, there should be no apparent changes.
This post is true.

But because of the extreme amount of data it's taking much longer than anticipated to complete the transfer. I do not even know if the file space will survive the transfer, it is turning out to be even bigger than the SVN repos that the site was hosting.
cocka

Post by cocka »

And where can I download the latest svn builds until the server is down?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

If it's ZDoom or GZDoom that you are looking for, I don't really have anywhere suitable/convenient to upload them. As well as the files that people download, I upload the map files for each build for the developers to use. I suppose that I could use Mediafire or similar and put the map files in with the rest of the files but with any luck things should be up an running with DRD before too long.

It's only been a few days but there have been a few useful changes made to the source in that time. If the DRD move gets completed soonish I'll just stick with the usual system. If there are any complications that look as if they are going to make the move take longer, I'll figure out an interim measure but the intention is to get back to using DRD as the host for the builds as soon as it is possible to do so.
cocka

Post by cocka »

OK, the topic title says it's better than rapidshare, though I would recommend the rapidshare. I also use a free account and I think 5 gigabytes are just enough for first aid.
Spoiler:
DaMan

Post by DaMan »

You can get latest GZdoom (standard or with custom upgrades :wink:) here in the meantime.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The transfer is still underway. I spent the last few days backing up the entire server, which has been completed, and now I am transferring the actual site to the new host.

I am sorry it is taking longer than expected, it is difficult to downgrade from VPS to shared hosting but it is what we got so we have to make do. I am happy that the site will still be alive after this, though.
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

No worries, do whatever you need todo :)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The files are moved to the new host but I am having troubles with the databases - again I am not trying to rush this (I am sorry about the inconvenience this causes) - I am trying to go at this gently and easily because I have been pretty stressed out lately.

I am trying to work past some errors with the actual database dumps; luckily I have the raw server image available so if worst comes to worst I'll just boot the damn thing and run mysql from there. ;)
Clonehunter

Post by Clonehunter »

God speed to getting back online!
Mancubus II

Post by Mancubus II »

We're working on it. Should be back up tonight.

http://forum.drdteam.org/
IMX

Post by IMX »

Aaaand it's back. Yay
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Nice :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks Eruanna and Mancubus II. To my surprise, the forum just logged me in automatically as if nothing had changed. Slick. I've also reconfigured my ftp program and, to that end ZDoom r4275 and GZDoom r1572 are now online.

Return to “General”