BTSX Style Fullscreen HUD (Updated for Samsara/Brutal)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: BTSX Style Fullscreen HUD (Updated for Samsara/Brutal)

Post by Marrub »

Huh, how'd you get that sizing? Whenever I do hud_scale 1 it looks too large..
.. or with hud_scale 0, too small ..
??
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

A 16:9 resolution should be doing the trick. If anything, goto the SBARINFO lump and mess with the commented resolution flag on the top of the file. It's commented out because of zandronum compatability.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Love this hud! :D
SyntherAugustus

Added alternate link. Note that I need to update my huds in regards to the new samsara version. If you want to use this with samsara .29 in the meantime, you need to change all instances of "AmmoShell" to "Shell" in SBARINFO.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

is there a way to use the HUD and be able to see the inventory? it would be fun to play ZDoom mods with an inventory system using this HUD.

edit: i had a spin with this HUD in Rex Claussen's The Darkest Hour, and noticed a minor inconsistence with the ammo counters (namely the B for the bullets is supposed to be E for energy, and the S for the shells supposed to be B for blaster shells). since it's such an easy fix, i decided to make this PWAD addon for it:
BTSXHUD-DarkAdd.wad
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
i used the vanilla HUD for the mod, but i guess it works for the other mods alongside DarkHour.wad too (not that it'd make much sense to run those mods with Darkest Hour hahaha).
SyntherAugustus

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:is there a way to use the HUD and be able to see the inventory? it would be fun to play ZDoom mods with an inventory system using this HUD.
The samsara version has inventory code and graphics you can use.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

I'm not sure if you could fix this without editing the Samsara Pk3 itself, but when you have QD activated with this hud this happens: http://i.imgur.com/eaZmlzY.png
SyntherAugustus

The quad damage counter is script based, unfortunately. If I modify the ACS it might have to go to a special zdoom version. When I designed the HUD, I was aware of the issue but I designed it with widescreen in mind (Where the overlap doesn't happen). Hence this.

Return to “Resources”