HELL Vs Marines V0.3 (V0.4 Needs Testing)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should Reloading be a feature in this?

Yep.
83%
Nope.
17%

Total votes: 12

southpark2010

HELL Vs Marines V0.3 (V0.4 Needs Testing)

Post by southpark2010 »

Scroll down for V0.4 TEST

This is a mod where you can pick two teams: Armies Of UAC or Forces Of HELL, You'll fight in Team Deathmatch or Team-LMS. This is also compatable with LMS, Terminator, Duel and Regular-Deathmatch. This is to be played with Skulltag/Zandronum.

Commando/SSG-Marine Gameplay (V0.4 TEST):

Shotgun Guy Gameplay (from V0.1):

Spoiler: Class List
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Resources
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?z1kajfr7z675yn6

Alt Link: http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.190
Last edited by southpark2010 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 16 times in total.
XutaWoo

Re: HELL Vs Marines V0.1 - BETA

Post by XutaWoo »

:-?
This looks tremendously unoriginal and unbalanced towards the demon side. Seems like each demon class can one-shot or two-shot a human class.

Plus there's a million mods that let you play as a demon, and this doesn't seem to really offer anything besides making their damage rediculous.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

XutaWoo wrote: This looks tremendously unoriginal - Plus there's a million mods that let you play as a demon,

Like what specifically? Only ones I know is 'monstermodv27.wad' and 'mop_beta_v0.5.pk3'.
XutaWoo wrote:and this doesn't seem to really offer anything besides making their damage rediculous.
Which specific classes does ridiculous damage from their attack?
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

southpark2010 wrote:Like what specifically? Only ones I know is 'monstermodv27.wad' and 'mop_beta_v0.5.pk3'.
Captain Mancubus, Immortal Conflict, that mod Euranna made, there was one where you played as an Arachnotron, something or other that had like 100 classes and wasn't very good...
The list goes on and on. Captain Mancubus and the Arachnotron get their thing from being from the DeHackEd era (so they were pretty neat at the time), Immortal Conflict gets it from expanding the monster's abilities and giving them all unique traits, Euranna's has her accuracy, that last thing had its sheer scale.

Heck, I even made something almost like this, except the focus was more competetive coop, like Left 4 Dead's versus mode. The monster players were actually elite versions (aka peeps from Realm667 with different attacks) and acted like real monsters; no jumping, no strafing, less than 255 pain chance, attacking and pain kept them from moving, etc.

This is just a GvH ripoff without the things that made GvH unique, up to the point of trying to add achievements. You couldn't make it less transparent, yo.
southpark2010 wrote:Which specific classes does ridiculous damage from their attack?
Demons, Zombiemen, and Shotgun Guys.

Imps maybe too but I didn't really count how many shots they hit with so.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

XutaWoo wrote:
southpark2010 wrote:Like what specifically? Only ones I know is 'monstermodv27.wad' and 'mop_beta_v0.5.pk3'.
Captain Mancubus, Immortal Conflict, that mod Euranna made, there was one where you played as an Arachnotron, something or other that had like 100 classes and wasn't very good...
The list goes on and on. Captain Mancubus and the Arachnotron get their thing from being from the DeHackEd era (so they were pretty neat at the time), Immortal Conflict gets it from expanding the monster's abilities and giving them all unique traits, Euranna's has her accuracy, that last thing had its sheer scale.

Heck, I even made something almost like this, except the focus was more competetive coop, like Left 4 Dead's versus mode. The monster players were actually elite versions (aka peeps from Realm667 with different attacks) and acted like real monsters; no jumping, no strafing, less than 255 pain chance, attacking and pain kept them from moving, etc.

This is just a GvH ripoff without the things that made GvH unique, up to the point of trying to add achievements. You couldn't make it less transparent, yo
Right, point taken. I still don't think this is a rip-off of GvH though.
XutaWoo wrote:
southpark2010 wrote:Which specific classes does ridiculous damage from their attack?
Demons, Zombiemen, and Shotgun Guys.

Imps maybe too but I didn't really count how many shots they hit with so.
Zombiemen - I might keep the same, I'll have to think about that one.
Shotgunners - I have slightly turned down.
Demons - I'll have another think about.
Last edited by southpark2010 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southpark2010

Re: HELL Vs Marines V0.2 - BETA (30th Sep)

Post by southpark2010 »

Okay, V0.2 has been released. Check first post!
southpark2010

Re: HELL Vs Marines V0.3 - BETA (21st Nov)

Post by southpark2010 »

New Release! Check first post.
southpark2010

Re: HELL Vs Marines V0.3 - BETA (21st Nov) (Plus V0.4 Test)

Post by southpark2010 »

Okay, I've released a test version of V0.4 to get help/suggestions on the new Super-Shotgunner to see if he's too weak, too powerful, too slow, etc. I'm still working on the Cacodemon, but feel free to suggest ideas about him.
Get the TEST version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?d09cmxbaduip0o7
Spoiler: List of changes

Return to “Gameplay Mods”