10x - Ten Times more monsters (STRIFE Edition)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sonic_HD87

10x - Ten Times more monsters (STRIFE Edition)

Post by sonic_HD87 »

The Creator of the original concept is "Cutmanmike", he deserves the credit, not me
------------>http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &hilit=10x (The original by Cutmanmike)

After the meteorite hit the eath, the earth was polluted by a virus, that virus kill the vast majority of humans, years after that, a cult called "The Order" start to control the humans.

Now you are the only hope for humankind..................................but sadly for you, they are mayority!!!!!

What's new?:
-You can spawn a monster, and he will multiply instantly, you can use it to create Ground Zeroes
*THE "SUMMONFRIEND" COMMAND WILL NOT WORK ON ENEMIES!*

Can you save Humankind from his extinction??, in any case, Good Luck
10x Strife.wad
v0.0
(10.04 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
*READ*
-I dont make that trick to the Peasants, because they are so many (22 peasant) that the game cannot handle it.

Any suggestion and bugs, report on the comment box, you will save to much lives.

|
|
|
V
Xaser

Re: 10x - Ten Times more monsters (STRIFE Edition)

Post by Xaser »

As neat as these are, is it really necessary to have a thread for each individual mod instead of grouping them all into one?

Actually, what's stopping you from making a universal 10x wad that does all games at once? ZDoom will load the full set of actors just fine regardless of which game is picked, and there shouldn't be any weird conflicts stopping anything else from working. That'd be the better and more maintainable option, IMO.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Xaser wrote:As neat as these are, is it really necessary to have a thread for each individual mod instead of grouping them all into one?

Actually, what's stopping you from making a universal 10x wad that does all games at once? ZDoom will load the full set of actors just fine regardless of which game is picked, and there shouldn't be any weird conflicts stopping anything else from working. That'd be the better and more maintainable option, IMO.
Im trying to make that, but i have no success for now, and im working on Heretic version, which (if i success on the creation of the pack) will be released on the pack, or as stand-alone.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

What happens when you try to combine them? If it's all DECORATE it should be simple enough to use a couple #include calls to string 'em all together and that should work right out of the gate.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Vaecrius wrote:What happens when you try to combine them? If it's all DECORATE it should be simple enough to use a couple #include calls to string 'em all together and that should work right out of the gate.
The pack have (For now):
-Heretic (incomplete due to HereticImp glitches)
-Strife
-Doom
-Hexen
-Chex3

Some enemies appears in other games as invisible entitys (Doom monsters on Heretic in this case) and SEEMS to be working as expected, but, when in die in Heretic for misterious reasons, appear this orbituary:

"Corvus couldn't evade a Revenant Fireball"
"Corvus was incinerated by an Archvile""
De' HECK!?

And not only that, most of error are relatet to Chex3 version, so im thinking to remove it from the pack

Im trying to find a way to load them as different DECORATES instead of load them as a one DECORATE, with no apparent success for now
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Why on earth would Doom monsters start appearing in Heretic?

Isn't the code (I haven't bothered looking) just replacing the normal monster with a spawner that spawns 10 things that inherit from the original monster except they can pass through each other?

I can't imagine why a normal Heretic map would ever spawn a revenant that way.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The only trouble I can think of is if he's trying to use DoomEdNums for replacement instead of the "replaces" keyword. Otherwise, it should work just fine (sans maybe some warnings for Chex actors if you don't have chex3.wad loaded since several of the decorate defs are in the IWAD itself) unless some other weirdness is being done.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

b
Xaser wrote:The only trouble I can think of is if he's trying to use DoomEdNums for replacement instead of the "replaces" keyword. Otherwise, it should work just fine (sans maybe some warnings for Chex actors if you don't have chex3.wad loaded since several of the decorate defs are in the IWAD itself) unless some other weirdness is being done.
"The only trouble I can think of is if he's trying to use DoomEdNums for replacement instead of the "replaces" keyword."

Indeed that was the problem, now instead of using ID numbers, uses the "...replaces...". Now this fix most bugs with doom monsters, but Chex3 is not fixed yet:

*If you run the 10x universal with other game appart of chex3.wad, zdoom will spawns some errors concerning to the monsters of chex
(10x Chex.wad:DECORATE" line 306: Replaced type 'Larva' not found for Larva2)<--Example of the 29 errors
maybe is because the other games dont have the chex monsters? i dont know*

NEWS: heretic version is now fixed in most parts (Fixed with THRUSPECIES)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”