Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kyle873

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.8 Beta]

Post by Kyle873 »

-Ghost- wrote:I'm getting a lot of Unknowns in the options menu, like stat cost type and all the skill display stuff. Is that normal? I haven't seen anything about scaling stats.
You need to Reset to Defaults in the menu then restart (G)ZDoom.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Ah okay, thanks. The new skill interface is nice, by the way. Much cleaner and easier to read.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Shotgun Guys and Chaingun Guys are now done. Red Chaingun Guys can totally demolish you if you aren't careful. :P

MrBoroda

Post by MrBoroda »

Kyle873 wrote:Shotgun Guys and Chaingun Guys are now done. Red Chaingun Guys can totally demolish you if you aren't careful. :P

Yeah, already tested. Nice work. I think, imps should be next.
MrBoroda

Post by MrBoroda »

Also, are you planning to add weapon upgrade system? Fo example, damage modifiers, additional barrels and etc. which you can buy at shop.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

MrBoroda wrote:Also, are you planning to add weapon upgrade system? Fo example, damage modifiers, additional barrels and etc. which you can buy at shop.
No. Doing so would break compatibility with other weapon wads, which I'd like to keep compatible with. Since I modify the monsters already, which breaks a lot of user wads to begin with. Although I am contemplating doing some more common "custom" monsters so they'll work properly in DRPG, but that's at a much later point when all the vanilla variants are in and whatnot.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

MrBoroda wrote:
Kyle873 wrote:Shotgun Guys and Chaingun Guys are now done. Red Chaingun Guys can totally demolish you if you aren't careful. :P

Yeah, already tested. Nice work. I think, imps should be next.
Done.

edit:
Demons, too.
Last edited by Kyle873 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBoroda

Post by MrBoroda »

Kyle873 wrote:
Done.
Wow, that was fast! Thanks a lot. I'm playing OBLIGE created maps and there are always tons of imps. This will add more randomness.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Kyle873 wrote:
MrBoroda wrote:Also, are you planning to add weapon upgrade system? Fo example, damage modifiers, additional barrels and etc. which you can buy at shop.
No. Doing so would break compatibility with other weapon wads, which I'd like to keep compatible with. Since I modify the monsters already, which breaks a lot of user wads to begin with.
Well, why not make some Diablo-escue weapon generation? Take a weapon, put a prefix and suffix on to change the way it behave.

For example "Icy Super Shotgun of Mauling".
"Icy" prefix deals some extra elemental damage, give chance to slow enemies on hit and freeze no critical, but also lowers fire rate.
And "Mauling" suffix increases overall damage done and pain chance, boosts damage bonus against frozen enemies and misteriously makes the gun use twice as much ammo.

And to distinguish all those guns, just show thier names and bonuses every time player equips one.

Also, thanks for nerfing defence. It was quite easy to get invincibility with 10x.wad.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

How about if every a large x amount of Energy points, the Aura spells' duration would be increased by a small amount of time?
karmakazi

Post by karmakazi »

Noticed on two occasions that White "Proficiency" corpses emit the Token hum without any readily apparent token around. One was by a wall, so I thought perhaps the token spawned in the wall, but the other one was in the middle of a level floor. Perhaps it spawned in the floor?
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

karmakazi wrote:Noticed on two occasions that White "Proficiency" corpses emit the Token hum without any readily apparent token around. One was by a wall, so I thought perhaps the token spawned in the wall, but the other one was in the middle of a level floor. Perhaps it spawned in the floor?
Yeah, I've seen this happen a few times myself. I think it's a bug in the engine where even if the item is picked up, the sound doesn't stop until the item is used or something. I can't seem to reproduce the problem reliably enough to tell.

edit:
Ribo Zurai wrote:How about if every a large x amount of Energy points, the Aura spells' duration would be increased by a small amount of time?
Done. Now you can get up to a 2 minute Aura timer at max Energy. Might be a little too much though, will have to play around and see.

edit:
Update Time!

Fixed a few Shield-related bugs, made the Purple Aura much more useful (Might be easy to abuse now though, needs testing), fixed some issues with the Green Aura, Made the Yellow Aura directly effect drop chances, and if leveled up high enough will bring your drop rates up quite high.
Last edited by Kyle873 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karmakazi

Post by karmakazi »

Ive been poking around, and made a "shell shock" noise that plays for the duration of the timeslow powerup(slow fading ear ring, heavy breath and heartbeat). Though it plays, its duration is short (about .5 seconds. If this is due to a hardcoded truncation of powerup sounds, or if it is simply being pre-empted by other sounds when they play I am unsure. Ill continue to fiddle with it.

EDIT: It is picking up another powerup that stops the playback. Whats the workaround?
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

karmakazi wrote:Ive been poking around, and made a "shell shock" noise that plays for the duration of the timeslow powerup(slow fading ear ring, heavy breath and heartbeat). Though it plays, its duration is short (about .5 seconds. If this is due to a hardcoded truncation of powerup sounds, or if it is simply being pre-empted by other sounds when they play I am unsure. Ill continue to fiddle with it.

EDIT: It is picking up another powerup that stops the playback. Whats the workaround?
I think there's an actor flag that stops that from happening. +BIGPOWERUP or some such I think?
karmakazi

Post by karmakazi »

No apparently that flag causes the actor it modifies to respawn when the appropriate DM modifier is switched on. Ill keep digging.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”