[*ALPHA 1.9.1*] QualityDoom - TweaksnFixes(Nov. 17 2013)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FireHusky

Re: [*ALPHA 1.6*] QualityDoom - UPDATE(Dec. 16. 2012)

Post by FireHusky »

I'm getting desperate to hear some of your guy's ( and girls) opinions about it! :sadno:

Anyway, the features have been put into a download in this wad (you can look it in the First Post for list of features, it's still being updated) but it is recommended to download it so you can see the actual feature demonstrations!

To load it, you just need to sit back and relax at the title screen and let it run! It is compatible with Doom 1 and Doom 2, and Ultimate Doom! If you want to mess around in it, type in Map Map99 in the console!

2 new weapons from Realm667, the M16 and the Fist Redux! Yay Realm667! No viruses! (Except I was fooling around with a certain cacodemon variant on the website and my antivirus detected it was a virus?)

Zombies drop M16's and I will find a way to nerf the gun.

The m16 is the only gun to be weak against fellow marines! What, don't get it? Fine...
A wild teamate Marine appears!
Teammate Marine uses shoot M16!
You took 0.01 damage!
It's not very effective...
There.

New marine class, Marinem16, which... shoots out foe baron of hells obviously. If you actually fell for that, they shoot M16's.

I may have missed a feature or two, but I hope you enjoy this mod!

PLEASE... I'M DESPERATE FOR YOUR GUY'S OPINIONS!! :(
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Not bad, I like the concept of lost souls reviving bodies. It makes them a bit more of a threat instead of just a pain in the ass. What role does the M16 have as opposed to the chaingun? They both seem to do pretty much the same thing right now.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

FireHusky wrote:PLEASE... I'M DESPERATE FOR YOUR GUY'S OPINIONS!! :(
I know sometimes it can get to the point where you're just itching to hear from the community, but be patient man. All I can say is that this project looks very active and you seem persistent to get it finished. And I respect that. I'll give this a try once I have enough time. Be patient though, I'll be back here soon.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

Zombieguy wrote:
FireHusky wrote:PLEASE... I'M DESPERATE FOR YOUR GUY'S OPINIONS!! :(
I know sometimes it can get to the point where you're just itching to hear from the community, but be patient man. All I can say is that this project looks very active and you seem persistent to get it finished. And I respect that. I'll give this a try once I have enough time. Be patient though, I'll be back here soon.
Sorry, heh... Can't wait to see what you think!
-Ghost- wrote:Not bad, I like the concept of lost souls reviving bodies. It makes them a bit more of a threat instead of just a pain in the ass. What role does the M16 have as opposed to the chaingun? They both seem to do pretty much the same thing right now.
Thanks, for the M16, I'm kind of unsure on what to do to nerf it and balance it, any suggestions anyone?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Maybe make it fire slower but be more accurate than the chaingun? That way it could be for longer shots while the chaingun would be for crowds.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

-Ghost- wrote:Maybe make it fire slower but be more accurate than the chaingun? That way it could be for longer shots while the chaingun would be for crowds.
Hm... I'll try that! I'll just need to make the chaingun have a more horizontal spread...
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I haven't had much time to play it, but I gave it a try. You might want to give the player that rifle later on in the game rather than at the very beginning. :)
So is this like, your personal mod that you decided to share or something? What's your goal?
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

Zombieguy wrote:I haven't had much time to play it, but I gave it a try. You might want to give the player that rifle later on in the game rather than at the very beginning. :)
So is this like, your personal mod that you decided to share or something? What's your goal?
There will be an update to the rifle (that will balance it) in the next release (1.7), probably around Thursday, to balance the rifle, I have it uploaded on my MediaFire account, but I will post it on the forum posts around that day. It will get rid of the rifle's recoil, but make it more accurate and deal less damage than the chaingun, but the chaingun is the other way around.

Actually, it started as a kind of a personal mod, but it started out as an experiment to fool with the word, "Soul", to possess bodies, but then I got off-track and it turned into this.
I don't really have a goal for now, other than figuring out why and how to put in that feature and take it out.

Edit: Oh the irony, the version numbers without the dot represents number 16 (the update release date for it)
FireHusky

Re: [*ALPHA 1.7*] QualityDoom - UPDATE(Dec. 18. 2012)

Post by FireHusky »

Update has been Made! But it's more of a 'Fix' Update.

It fixes:
[*]Zombiemen fire sounds no longer a pistol, m16 shot
[*]Balanced M16 and Chaingun
[*]Removed unwanted recoil from M16
[*]Added correct original mod bobbing animations to Fist Redux and M16

enjoy!

Next update will probably include PISTOL zombie men, making the common rifle zombiemen rarer.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

Well, I broke my wrist, so don't be expecting an update for Christmas. :(

Next update will include:

[*]Zombiemen rifle and pistol variants
[*]Dynamic lights for lost soul revival so far!...
[*]Forum updates, kind of did one now, will do more later, such as title music download, and might as well wallpapers

Stay safe on the Holidays!

Have a happy and merry christmas!

Or a happy new year if you don't celebrate it!

Or happy Hanukkah
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

That's okay, take it easy man, you've been updating a lot. Enjoy your holiday and I hope your wrist heals quick.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

QualityDoom will be on Modb! It is undecided what page will be updated.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qualitydoom
FireHusky

Re: [*ALPHA 1.8*] QualityDoom - UPDATE(Apr. 2 2012)

Post by FireHusky »

This mod is dead.

Too late?

Ah, well. Bad timing. Anyway, this is a weak update. I'm rusty from no coding.
==VERSION APLHA 1.8==
[*] Started script base on the Zombie pistol. Graphic artist may be needed.
[*] Dynamic lighting for the lost soul fire.
[*] Pause tint changed to green
[-] This is all to offer for the 3 months break.
Yay? :?
FireHusky

Re: [*ALPHA 1.9*] QualityDoom - THE MARINE UPDATE(Nov. 16 20

Post by FireHusky »

I'm back from my break everyone! QualityDoom's the Marine Update has been released (version alpha 1.9)!

This time, it features:
Spoiler:
I haven't tested this in D00M 1 recently, if there's any problems, please let me know! Thanks for your attention.

Grab it at the first page, at the first forum post, with the pretty Lost Soul Picture! Or click -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/7kpsj ... pha1.9.zip

Also, this guy; Thanks :): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdhqjcWR7yw
FireHusky

Re: [*ALPHA 1.9.1*] QualityDoom - TweaksnFixes(Nov. 17 2013)

Post by FireHusky »

Fixes, tweaks and smaller file update!

==VERSION APLHA 1.9.1==
[*] Fixes marines being overpowered.
[*] Shrinks image file sizes
[*] Marines you spawn will not hurt players.
[*] Fixes new Cyberdemon not replacing old one.
[*] Adds the firing shotgun effect to SuperShotgun
[*] Deletes leftover parts. (extra files, music)
[*] Improves FusRoDah addon
[*] Marines are braindead when they are ressurected from archviles, but are enemies (they won't shoot, but rather eerily roam and be in pain)

Get it at the first forum post! or here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/klbvk ... a1.9.1.zip

Return to “Gameplay Mods”