[Hopefully final, BUMPED TO REL. #5!] Pagan

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rsl

Re: [Again updated, RELEASE #3!] Pagan

Post by rsl »

CorSair wrote: And just to say how underpowered the Lord's hammer is, I gave cacodemon few punches, then started to beat it with hammer. Three strikes to kill caco. In whereas I can punch the shit outta from cacodemon in less than a second. My idea: Make hammer more of area-of-effect type, suited to whack group of weak enemies (and maybe propel them away for the fun of it).
I like the idea. Let's see what we can do here... :)
CorSair wrote: Also, Master's Retaliation doesn't make enemies target arch-vile.
Uhm... ArchVile should be affected by retaliation as well! But consider that, the tougher the monster, the lower the painchance to this spell or the captivation one such monster has. So I guess your attack simply didn't connect. :wink: Try harder!
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

I did try again to do that for arch-vile, but no success... I would guess arch-vile's +NOTARGET flag isn't overridden.

By the way, nicely done Cyberdemon. I didn't notice it's rocket cluster, until I was further away. :)
rsl

Post by rsl »

CorSair wrote:I did try again to do that for arch-vile, but no success... I would guess arch-vile's +NOTARGET flag isn't overridden.
Gotcha! You were damn right... :) I just removed that obscure flag, and I had it working... Sorry, and thanks a lot for squishing this one :!:
By the way, nicely done Cyberdemon. I didn't notice it's rocket cluster, until I was further away. :)
I like to add little details like this one... And it's nice to see that someone spots and likes them, too! 8-)
rsl

Post by rsl »

Hi everybody,

this is just to say that another release (3+, hopefully, the final one) is downloadable from the official IDGames link in the opening post.
This is the list of changes:
  • fixed left revolver reload bug (you cannot trigger infinite reload anymore!) (thanks Chronoteeth).
  • captivation spikes now thrust up and damage over-standing foes (thanks CorSair).
  • leviathan ammo storage capacity has been toned down (thanks CorSair).
  • captivation spell area is now more lethal because of a new 'pulsating damage' effect that spawns a few times since you trap an enemy (thanks CorSair).
  • Master can now dismiss captivation spikes very quickly through his levitation spell (thanks CorSair).
  • Lord can now repel small crowds of monsters through his hammer attack (thanks CorSair).
  • ArchVile can now be cursed with retaliation, too! (I finally disabled its +NOTARGET flag, thanks CorSair)
As usual, leave your impressions in the forum thread and the IDGames page! :D
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Hopefully final, RELEASE #3+!] Pagan

Post by Ed the Bat »

More than a month later, I come across a tiny bug that I only happened to find by circumstance...

When reloading a gun under any skill level that multiplies ammo values, such as "I'm Too Young to Die!", reloading a gun can make ammo magically appear/disappear. Giving the in-mag ammo the +IGNORESKILL flag fixes this. I've created a hotfix version here. Everything else should be identical to the most recent release version.

I just feel bad that I kept finding little things during post-release development to warrant updates, and now here we are, more than a month after (what was intended to be) the last one, and I've done it again. :(
rsl

Post by rsl »

No need to worry, Ed the Bat! In fact you once more contributed to improve the mod. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Now, however, this makes me draw a very, very bitter conclusion. That is, I might have to go back to all of my past mods as well to fix this little-damned-but-oh-so-true bug!! :cry:
Anyway, it's better to know than to not know! :wink:
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

I'm always happy to help. :)

Thankfully, the bug will only have an effect in skill levels that use the ammo factor. And unless someone decides to use a custom skill level, there's only two in default Doom. And as far as I'm aware, they're among the least commonly played, so few people will be impeded.
rsl

Post by rsl »

Ed the Bat wrote:(...) Thankfully, the bug will only have an effect in skill levels that use the ammo factor (...) there's only two in default Doom. And as far as I'm aware, they're among the least commonly played, so few people will be impeded.
Yeah, this is absolutely true. So true, that you're the first person in, say, my four years of modding or so to have ever spotted the bug! :lol: :D
I'd bet it always went unnoticed in a lot of other mods that use a reloading system, too... :wink:
rsl

Post by rsl »

Bumped the mod to version #5 on /IDGames, with the latest fix suggestion incorporated. :)
Please enjoy this fixed version.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”