GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
hjalg

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by hjalg »

Hmm...It's only me or "Check unknown flats" and "Check unknown textures" don't affect transparent textures? Ladders, grates etc.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

NeuralStunner wrote:I'd love to have a "create sector" function like WadAuthor had. You can create a square (deciding dimensions) or a polygon (choosing diameter and number of sides). The latter I especially loved for making circular sectors.
drawmodes.jpg
drawmodes.jpg (11.62 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Also check the manual - there are additional features like rounded corners for "Draw rectangle" and star-like shapes/variable sides count for "Draw ellipse" modes.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Missed the announcement for those. Great stuff! :)

The only enhancement I'd ask for is the ability to set default subdivisions/bevel, and an option to reuse the previous values for a new ellipse (so you can make multiple identical shapes more easily).
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Gez wrote:
MaxED wrote:
Numnzel wrote:EDIT3: There is some possibility of make a non-spherical dynamic light? Some type of directional light or something like that...
Only after Graf adds such light types in GZDoom.
Only after Graf accepts a code patch created by somebody else that adds such light type in GZDoom.
I say it because can be a good idea, or add more modificable lights, to do something like that, more/less directional and other settings maybe can be good...
Gez

Post by Gez »

It being a good idea is irrelevant; what matters the most is that nobody is ever going to code it, making the whole point moot.
MeatyD

Post by MeatyD »

I really like GZDoom Builder and UDMF, but there is an issue for me with the vertex height adjusters in visual modes in both the current release and r1730. Whenever there is a sector with 3 linedefs (also 3 vertices) the vertex height markers show up and behave properly, but also spew artifacts over the area where they appear. They are a collection of random lines that are constantly changing in number, length, position, and orientation.

Here is a screenshot so that you can see what i mean:
vertex_error.jpg
this screenshot actually has the issue during one of its milder frames.

The height markers still behave correctly so its not that big of a deal. I just turn them off when I'm not using them.
The program still rocks and I appreciate all that you have done to bring many new innovative features to doom mapping.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Does this behaviour happen constantly, or it starts after some time, or some action?
Does this happen on any map?

I've replicated your example, and it works fine...
gzdb_verts.jpg
Dortold

Post by Dortold »

I get the same thing as MeatyD, but I've only ever messed about with slopes - never implemented them into a finished map. Sometimes they work/appear without a hitch, and other times I get the random squiggles with (or without) the ability to adjust vertex heights. It seems to depend on how I 'cut up' the sectors. I'm guessing there are right and wrong ways to do this.

I just chalked it up to the fiddliness of the feature, and my lack of practice with the slopes.

EDIT (potentially irrelevant to this thread):
Re directional dynamic lights: This is a ZDoom feature-thing, not a GZDB-thing, but maybe it already exists. Is there a way to make a sector that will not be affected by dynamic lights? In this way you could create a dynamic light (say, so it looks like it's coming from a wall sconce), and make a sector in front of it that describes the light's path, like we now do with standard sector lighting. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Would something like this work for you, Numnzel?
Last edited by Dortold on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Nope. GZDoom only have "radial" (not sure what they're called) dynamic lights. Also, you can't clip the lights to work with map geometry. If you do, this would've been avoided, by now.
MeatyD

Post by MeatyD »

MaxED wrote:Does this behaviour happen constantly, or it starts after some time, or some action?
It happens any time those vertex height markers are visible in 3d mode in UDMF mode, i havent ttested hexen or doom mode since they probably shouldnt be there anyway, if i keep the view still, it slows down a little bit, but never stabilizes. any slight movement on the camera agitates it and it keeps rapidly changing the lines.

I am also wondering if it might be a problem with my GZDoomBuilder config file. I will try deleting that and let you know if the problem persists. I can also make a video if you want to see the bug in action.

EDIT: I deleted my GZBuilder.cfg in the %appdata% folder and the issue persists. Making a video now
EDIT: Video up soon
Last edited by MeatyD on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Dortold wrote:EDIT (potentially irrelevant to this thread):
Re directional dynamic lights: This is a ZDoom feature-thing, not a GZDB-thing, but maybe it already exists. Is there a way to make a sector that will not be affected by dynamic lights? In this way you could create a dynamic light (say, so it looks like it's coming from a wall sconce), and make a sector in front of it that describes the light's path, like we now do with standard sector lighting. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Would something like this work for you, Numnzel?
It's not really relevant, and technically it isn't possible with the code being what it is.

Dynamic lights in GZDoom are point lights, full stop. Anything else doesn't exist in the engine. The amount of people able and willing to code such a feature is equal to zero, so this isn't going to change.
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

Just throwing out there that if this bug is about the floor/ceiling vertex height control things, I'm using them without issue.

I haven't downloaded a new GZDB in a month though, so ignore this post if it's a new feature that I've missed.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Added some boilerplate to Vertex Handles rendering function in r1654.

Oh, by the way, I've moved GZDB source to new SVN, so:
1. The new SVN adress is http://svn.code.sf.net/p/doombuilder/co ... oomBuilder.
2. Revision numbering is kinda screwed (as you can see, the laterst revision is r1654).
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

1. When GZDoombuilder is opened, where can I find the revision number?

2. When creating a new map, how can I set up the configurations so that my preferred configuration shows up right away, instead of the first configuration in the Configurations folder?

3. Just being curious about MeatyD's problem:
MaxED wrote:Does this behaviour happen constantly, or it starts after some time, or some action?

I've replicated your example, and it works fine...
Are you talking about Vertex_Height_Floor, Vertex_Height_Ceiling slope things?
If yes, why do they look different from when I lay them down? Are there several versions of those icons?
I used r1730, as did he.

MeatyD

Post by MeatyD »

I just tried out the latest r1654 and the issue persists. I am wondering if it may have something to do with the version of SlimDX I am using if that is what is responsible for drawing in 3d mode. Does anyone know how to check the version of slimdx being used?

@Kappes Buur:
no I am not using slope things. in UDMF with triangular sectors, you can adjust slopes with vertex offsets, those pyramids show up at each vertex of a triangular sector and only affect adjacent triangular sectors.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”