Duke Nukem Forever Imitation Weapons

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MetroidJunkie

Duke Nukem Forever Imitation Weapons

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I had tried something like this before but, this time, I'm using it to sort of practice with using 3D models in Doom. Obviously, since they're 3D models, it requires an OpenGL port to work. So far, I have the Fist, Pistol, Shotgun, Ripper, and RPG. I don't know why the arm texture for the Ripper is glitching since it used the same methods as the others.

Note: No Duke Nukem Forever graphical resources were directly used, the models and textures were made by hand using the original weapons as a sort of guideline.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b06uenvvp1zc724
Spoiler:
Last edited by MetroidJunkie on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RikohZX

Re: Duke Nukem Forever Imitation Weapons

Post by RikohZX »

Well, it's cool that you made the models yourself, but they've got a long ways to go still, animation-wise and just pure graphics-wise. They're definitely just tweaked Doom weapons in the mechanics, but it's not a bad thing foresay at the moment. The shotgun's a bit too loud in comparison to the other weapons, though.

If the project is meant to be implementing your own 3D models as a test of sorts, then it's a definitely a decent start.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

RikohZX wrote:Well, it's cool that you made the models yourself, but they've got a long ways to go still, animation-wise and just pure graphics-wise. They're definitely just tweaked Doom weapons in the mechanics, but it's not a bad thing foresay at the moment. The shotgun's a bit too loud in comparison to the other weapons, though.

If the project is meant to be implementing your own 3D models as a test of sorts, then it's a definitely a decent start.
I agree and would personally add that the weapons while are wielded need to bedone more "smaller".
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

niculinux wrote: I agree and would personally add that the weapons while are wielded need to bedone more "smaller".
Oh? I didn't think they were more screen filling than they were on Duke Nukem Forever.
Spoiler:
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

ehm ok it's only my opinion, I personally never liked the screen-filling weapons please don't get mad at me. :D
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

niculinux wrote:ehm ok it's only my opinion, I personally never liked the screen-filling weapons please don't get mad at me. :D
I'm not, just explaining why I did it. It's meant to be an imitation of Duke Nukem Forever.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

good lord that official DNF weapon takes up over 25% of the entire screen :shock: no wonder you needed health regen...

This could be the start of something good, if ever we need Duke-esque resources for a project that isn't subject to the copyright of whatever soulless investor-enslaved megacorp owns the IP at that point...
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

The size of the weapons does not bother me, but some of them, like the pistol, does not fit right in the aim icon, like the weapon is 'misaligned'.

BTW, did you extract the sounds from DKF? How did you do that?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Ravick wrote:The size of the weapons does not bother me, but some of them, like the pistol, does not fit right in the aim icon, like the weapon is 'misaligned'.
Thanks for pointing that out, I see what you mean. I've used z-offsets to shift it down, it should be good now right?
Ravick wrote: BTW, did you extract the sounds from DKF? How did you do that?
I think I got them from a Youtube video showcasing the weapons.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”