Duum 2 Super Remake: Bloody Dream Voyage (Dead project)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Duum 2 Super Remake: Bloody Dream Voyage (Dead project)

Post by Captain J »

EDIT: Finally seeing this old thread of mine... Actually this TC wasn't even mine but modified and i feel quite ashamed of myself. At least i made my own mods later.

have a sleep before exterminate those viruses!

oh god, it's my first try of posting a crappy wad of mine.
and of course it's a another verson of the other peoples wad.
in next project, i'm trying to working on my retro missiles that works in zdoom with custom, model rip weapons. and that wad is really come from me.
and this custom decorated wad has a different things. such like a death motions, changed story lines also it's a not only for DOS.

here's the story what i can spell it
sorry about for my lacking grammers and spells.;
Spoiler:
here's some screen shots(it's talking about new monsters deaths of course.).
Spoiler:
you see, there is no bloods but death motions. because...i just wanted to make more childisher. yay. little drawn dooms for kids.
anyway, why did i decorate this? i dunno. just only a few reasons.

first, this wad was first iwad or custom mod i was played it before school doom 2. just for my childhoods.
second, this wad is abandoned. i don't sure know about this real or not. if modeus is still alive or have account at this forum, pm me please.
(wait, he was still alive and going to making a sequel! oh yeah!)
third, for my decorating skills. i was always studying wad decorate with making a few verson of the other people's wad so i can master it.also it's a shame though.

talking with modeus, i added extra name for dodge the misunderstending with original game's name.

well, that's what i can say more.
(download link removed because i'm now a grown man)

now good night. :wink:

EDIT: Now looking at all this stuff... Making me embarrassed. Granted, i learned how to mod doom through all this. But every single project i started was just my very own version of others' standalone mods. Duum 2 Super was the custom IWAD from Mod DB i had interested in and even asked the author for permission to stuff in the new story and sprites i made. Never managed to complete it and later it's cancelled. I was rather pretentious and unbearably childish because i literally was. But it feels nice that i learned the hard way and eventually made my very own doom mods that shined, kinda?

I have no idea how to do with this thread, but admins? If you're seeing this, you can lock this now.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:31 am, edited 23 times in total.
CeeJay

Re: Duum 2 Super: Revenge of the Sir. Gunsche (Decorated)

Post by CeeJay »

I remember Duum 2 Super but what exactly is the difference between the original and this? What changes have you made? New levels, new weapons, new enemies?

EDIT: Gave it a quick try and honestly I can't see much difference from the original, c'mon, not even the pickup messages were changed. The only thing I noticed was the death animation for the enemies, what's up with that anyways? I don't get it.
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

Hmm, you should definitely draw the weapon sprites in the same style as the other stuff. That always bothered me about this WAD.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

CeeJay wrote:I remember Duum 2 Super but what exactly is the difference between the original and this? What changes have you made? New levels, new weapons, new enemies?

EDIT: Gave it a quick try and honestly I can't see much difference from the original, c'mon, not even the pickup messages were changed. The only thing I noticed was the death animation for the enemies, what's up with that anyways? I don't get it.
of course i know, this wad is nothing has changed but death motions or storylines. also i'm already added massages.
beside, it's my first testing wad for decorating skills.
also i played this wad a lot's of time so what is the wrong with end chats, monster's deaths.
talking about monster's death, why did i put them?
it's easy, for making this wad with little bit massy, giving a little details rather then bleed and fall awkwardly, make a less violence for more looks like a kid's games but nicely. look at the chex quest for example.
and i was deleted whole of demo plays and old doom texts for make sure to playable with zdoom.
it's not a real iwad or pwad i was giving a heart at this wad, it's a fan's mode. just like a every game's addons, mods.
even i'm gonna update it little more including a weapon animations or accuracy of the revolver. but don't expact a miracle for this wad.
it's just for my studing. i'm new in here.
TheDoomGuy wrote:Hmm, you should definitely draw the weapon sprites in the same style as the other stuff. That always bothered me about this WAD.
yeah, i'm going to try.
keepin' your eyes up.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Make sure to replace the player with DECORATE too, so you can set the weaponslots to these new ones you've written. Right now, a player can't manually change to any weapons except fist and pistol.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

okay, it's updated.
but weapon stat is kinda unstable when i always decorating or touching...
always thank you eddie.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Never said I didn't like the death animation just that I don't understand them. What is supposed to be happening, why do they disappear? Are they meant disintegrate?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

CeeJay wrote:Never said I didn't like the death animation just that I don't understand them. What is supposed to be happening, why do they disappear? Are they meant disintegrate?
i was thinking about what kind of death motions will fits it.
turning to a ashes will be simple, explosion with flame is over used. and bloods should not be added.
thinking more, they are viruses from his memories. so what kind of memories and virus can be fits it?
and i choosed a memories and virus from computer and cybotics.
those cubes exploding around is memories and pixels. they died, now they are not exist at his dream, and that's how they are disappearing like this because they are deleted from his dream.
those viruses are not a biological viruses, they are small cybotic cells that's appears in his dreams and cause the nightmare. also damaging his brain.
that's all what i know.
just for making more futuristic and it's just a decoration of this wad.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

You'll also want to do something about the keycards. Now that you've replaced them, the locked doors won't work because they expect the old kind of key. You can use LOCKDEFS to change the locks so that they work with the new keys.

Or, if all you wanted to change about the keys was the pickup message, you can change that in the LANGUAGE lump and leave the old keys alone.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

exit text and key text has been changed.
and i was really dump about forget the LANGUAGE lump...
now what's next?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Don't worry, it's all a learning process. You'll be fine.

But real quick though, the new chainsaw replacement needs to be added to the arsenal along with the rest.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

damn it, why i'm always forget chainsaw?
now i'm working for both wads.
you're really thankful!
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Hey, no problem. :)
Keep it up. I had a lot of fun over the years teaching myself DECORATE and the other stuff. I think you'll enjoy learning it too.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

revolver and double barreled musket's decorate has been finished.
now turning to missiles wad!
Captain J

Re: Duum 2 Super: Revenge of the Sir. Gunsche (Gzdoom featur

Post by Captain J »

oh, and story about modeus was still alive and keep making a sequel for his wad, i'm not gonna post my decorated his sequel of this wad.
because this wad was still had a owner right now but he is in the modb.
still i can decorate his sequel when he made it. but i'm not gonna post it. it's just like stealing a somebody's hard work and being a criminal scum.
alright, i got warned myself.
time to work my missiles.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”