ww-oldie [public beta 1]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ww-oldie [public beta 1]

Post by wildweasel »

Vaecrius wrote:Compound or simple?

The imp replacements disappear when I shoot them... seems like they're jumping to a wrong painstate?
Hm. Which specific SVN revision? I didn't see any major issues myself in all the testing I've done, but it could be a rogue issue.

Also, for the record, Zandronum currently glitches this mod out; it apparently does not know what TNT1A0 is for Dehacked patches, so the muzzle flash will screw up and the console will flood with errors about sprite #138.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

just tryed out in freedomm, fine but: since it's beta: (if I got right xd)

1) Please would be possible to repalce that silenced pistol (and machine gun sound) with something different? :/ I never liked silenced weapons.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

2) it's rather overpowered with weapons...maybe slowind firing rate of pistol, chaingun and the weapon that replaced the plasme rifle may be very very gooood! :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: maybe with someting like laser(s)...emh....

:D 8-)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

1. I'm mainly just working with what resources I have. The pistol and SMG come from a Skulltag mod that I abandoned a couple of years ago, and I wanted to get them used in something. The silenced fire sound just kind of happened. (Also, cut down on the emoticons.)

2. Ehhhhhhhhhhhh gonna just leave it as it is.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

TheDarkArchon wrote:
Triple S wrote:Seems to crash in GZDoom when firing the shotgun replacement.
ZDoom bug. Update past r4066
Sheesh, I'm not used to ZDoom updating so much. It's barely been two weeks since I last did. Not that it's a problem, of course.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Would I be able to modify the chaingun sprites and use them in one of my mods?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Would I be able to modify the chaingun sprites and use them in one of my mods?
Yes, they originally come from an obscure German FPS game called Angst, with very heavy redrawing by me.
Gez

Post by Gez »

wildweasel wrote:Yes, they originally come from an obscure German FPS game called Angst, with very heavy redrawing by me.
It's also a terrible, terrible game.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Were all these DooM clones (that weren't Marathon or Duke 3D) from the '90s made by people who were doing massive amounts of acid, or something? They're like Dali paintings but with lots more violence.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

The break open sg seems useless after getting the autocannon/pump action. the pistol is fine because you start with it, but once you get the other sg's theres not much use in using it
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The "Boompipe" is pretty much only included to give the player a weapon that uses that type of ammo, if they happen to not be playing in Doom 2 (i.e. no M680) or playing an Episode 1-type map (i.e. no Autocannon).
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

wildweasel wrote:The "Boompipe" is pretty much only included to give the player a weapon that uses that type of ammo, if they happen to not be playing in Doom 2 (i.e. no M680) or playing an Episode 1-type map (i.e. no Autocannon).
It's also a lot sexier than the other options.

EDIT: Here's an idea... when you're done with this mod, remake it but with all modern DECORATE/ACS/whatever techniques. It'd be fun to compare the two versions.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Going to give this a hearty bump because I need some help figuring out a couple of infuriating issues.

1. Zandronum hates my BEX patch; the muzzle flash does not work at all because Zan doesn't understand what TNT1A0 is. I can't figure out how to report bugs to the team, so some assistance in getting that expedited would be welcomed.

2. PRBoom 2.5.0 works more or less fine with the mod, except that one of the pool-of-blood sprites for some reason takes on the appearance of a standing Doom marine. I don't recall changing his frames, and he works fine in other ports to my knowledge.

3. For some reason, combining this mod with large maps like Equinox map01 results in PRBoomPlus crashing with a message I can't recall at the moment.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Return to “Gameplay Mods”