POSSEST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
zygo

POSSEST

Post by zygo »

Untitled-2.png
This mod will be used for the GZDOOM engine. It will have dynamic lights, Bloom, Brightmaps and 3D models.
This mod will feature fresh content such as BGM/SFX, textures, sprites and voice acting.
It will be single player only, but will MAYBE feature a death match arena.

STORY / CHARACTERS BIOS / MISCELLANEOUS
Spoiler:
WEAPONS
Spoiler:
ITEMS & INVENTORY ITEMS
Spoiler:
MONSTERS
Spoiler:
MUSIC
Music of the game can be found on this playlist on my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

PROGRESSION
Animating bloody Mary..
MONSTERS: 10%
GUNS: 5%
ITEMS: 0%
LEVELS: 1%
MUSIC: 10%
DIALOG: 0%
CUTSCENES: 0%

HELP NEEDED!!!!
I need help with voice acting, and digital art for cutscenes... Contact me at z-y-g-o@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD
COMING NOT SO SOON ...
Last edited by zygo on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:44 am, edited 101 times in total.
Nash

Re: POSSEST

Post by Nash »

Nice models. I don't think GZDoom supports specularity maps.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'd suggest dropping the all-caps in the title and fixing some spelling mistakes (Possessed, Virgil, Valentine...).
rsl

Post by rsl »

It's great to finally see an official presentation of this mod on the forums! :D
I have been a fan and player of the original ZDOOM version - mostly excellent BTW. I am definitely eager to see what will you create with this version. Good job, and good luck! :wink:
zygo

Post by zygo »

Gez wrote:I'd suggest dropping the all-caps in the title and fixing some spelling mistakes (Possessed, Virgil, Valentine...).
Firstly 'possest' is a old english spelling... it was intended that way so dont correct me on that -_-
and yes the names are spelt incorrectly and will change those now thank you :)
Last edited by zygo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

I assume it's an update of this mod right here?

A "Let's play" is the only thing I could find, as you seem to have closed your channel.
But that in the video looks promising enough already, as well as the models you posted. Looking forward to seeing more.
zygo

Post by zygo »

Doom64hunter wrote:I assume it's an update of this mod right here?

A "Let's play" is the only thing I could find, as you seem to have closed your channel.
But that in the video looks promising enough already, as well as the models you posted. Looking forward to seeing more.
Yes indeed, thats the one. im basicaly remaking the game with fresh content rather than using some recycled sprites :)
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Never thought that I'd see the day this gets continued.........keep it up!
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Nice to see this isn't death, I already played this and Classic Rivalry, the only thing that bother me is the lack of brightness on projectiles and special effects, will it be fixed in the next release? :)
zygo

Post by zygo »

Gothic wrote:Nice to see this isn't death, I already played this and Classic Rivalry, the only thing that bother me is the lack of brightness on projectiles and special effects, will it be fixed in the next release? :)
Yes, in this reboot il be using the GL_BLOOM effects (which the user will have a choice of removing). Brightmaps to give a further detailed look to explosions and weapon fire. And dynamic lighting which i will apply to fire and explosions ect :)
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

The original possest was pretty good. Although rather difficult. Glad to see this getting a reboot. :)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Looks nice... never played the original, whole thing looks kinda like Blood, if it were something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be caught playing as an adult. ::crucified::

(And I've apparently learned a new word... now to unlearn the pronunciation in my head, which is as though the word meant "more poss than all others".)

Also, I really wish the Let's Play'er would like not speak in that video or something. x_x
Weavaloid

Post by Weavaloid »

Nice to see this project going on still! :D
Though, can you explain to me why a mummy fits in the whole dark non-desert world?
To me it kinda seems out of place, but that's my oppinion.

Also thanks to the person who pasted one of my let's play video in this topic! 8-)
Vaecrius wrote:Also, I really wish the Let's Play'er would like not speak in that video or something. x_x
What's wrong with my voice? 8D
zygo

Post by zygo »

Weavaloid wrote:Nice to see this project going on still! :D
Though, can you explain to me why a mummy fits in the whole dark non-desert world?
To me it kinda seems out of place, but that's my oppinion.
Thanks buddy, when entering in the 'cemetery of the dead', youl notice that many coffins are scattered around the tomb. The dead mummified bodies (previous occult leaders and prophets) are reserved for ressurection when the occult bring forth there god. They are also set to protect the tomb from intruders. But due to St.victor (The Protagonist) interfiering with there plans they awaken half dead to stop you. Sometihng like that :)
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

What's "bloom"?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”