Paranoiac [New Pics 2013.02.12]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ReX

Paranoiac [New Pics 2013.02.12]

Post by ReX »

Paranoiac is a 7-map expansion pack (plus 1 TITLEMAP) for Paranoid, a Half-Life mod for GZDooM. Mapping on 5 of the 7 maps is complete, and progress has been made on a 6th map. Work on new enemies is complete, and work on new weapons will commence soon. In addition, Jeff Ligda has already composed brand new music for many maps, and will be working on additional compositions.

Pictures and information at DooM Nexus.
Spoiler:
Last edited by ReX on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nash

Re: Paranoiac

Post by Nash »

That multi-storey car park structure looks amazing... I wonder if it murders the FPS? :O

Oh and I thought translucent slopes weren't possible... how is that glass roof structure beside the car park possible?
Springy

Post by Springy »

Excellent, I remember seeing this on Nexus (well a named expansion anyway). Cannot wait Paranoid was great.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Nash wrote:how is that glass roof structure beside the car park possible?
My guess would be that it is a model.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Nash wrote:That multi-storey car park structure looks amazing... I wonder if it murders the FPS? :O
Surprisingly, it's not the parking garage that seems to slow things down, but a complexly-sloped canyon nearby. I may have to simplify the canyon.
Blue Shadow wrote:
Nash wrote:Oh and I thought translucent slopes weren't possible... how is that glass roof structure beside the car park possible?
My guess would be that it is a model.
Blue Shadow is correct; it is a model. It was Enjay's idea to implement translucent slopes using models, and he had originally created them for Paranoid. I believe he created a custom model for the sloped roof in that particular screen pic.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Considerable progress has been made, and mapping on 6 of the 7 maps is virtually complete.

Here are some new screenshots
Tormentor667

Re: Paranoiac [New Pics 2013.02.12]

Post by Tormentor667 »

This looks promising :) Good work so far Rex!
Failure

Post by Failure »

Nice maping skills, I wonder how much time it does cost for you.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Failure wrote:... I wonder how much time it does cost for you.
Far too much time. I am a very slow and methodical mapper, sometimes (unnecessarily) obsessing over things. This means it takes me forever to complete development of a map.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I am looking forward to this! It is fabulous!
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

If you wanna get fully-animated HL models into this, you can use a program called Noesis. It can convert skeletal animation to vertex, and directly export it to md3 all at the click of a button. Problem is, you'll have to edit the UV map so the model doesn't use multiple textures.

-TZK
Last edited by The Zombie Killer on Sun May 26, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReX

Post by ReX »

The MBF Dog wrote:If you wanna get fully-animated HL models into this, you can use a program called Noesis. It can convert skeletal animation to vertex, and directly export it to md3 all at the click of a button.
Thanks for the information. This is a job for Enjay, who is the modeling powerhouse of the Team. I would love to see models in the game in place of the current sprites. But when we started this project, back in 2008, there was no easy way to convert mdl to md3.

Nigel, here is a link to Noesis' web page.

And here is a link to one of the relevant forum topics, even though it's mainly in the context of Quake.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”